Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Shangri-La was released 15 years ago today  (Read 1653 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Shangri-La was released 15 years ago today
« on: September 29, 2019, 12:06:48 AM »
I am a few minutes late for this post, but Shangri-La was relaesed on 28th september 2004

I wrote an article (in french) on my blog : https://textes-blog-rock-n-roll.fr/il-y-a-15-ans-mark-knopfler-sortait-son-4eme-album-solo-shangri-la/

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Shangri-La was released 15 years ago today
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 01:04:55 AM »
That means that I'm officially a 15-years MK fan, because Shangri-La Tour was my first time seeing MK and acknowledging that he even exists. The album is absolutely and truly the pinnacle of Mark's songwriting, songs crafted so well you almost can't believe it. The time well spent while on recovering after 2003 motorcycle accident. Maybe this was the moment he realised that he's mortal, after all, and decided to throw a major album out. And indeed he succeeded.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 01:11:09 AM »
Not only the album is perfectly written, it was perfectly recorded and still to this day is one of my favourite MK albums sonically speaking (SORRY GUY).
It feels extremely live and fresh, lyrics is great and if an album has a song that Bob Dylan calls his favourite you know you've done something good.

OfflineStiglar

• Local Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 04:27:35 AM »
This album is my favourite MK album for sure, I bought this album when it came out and saw the tour but admittedly I didn't really "get it" I had burnt out a bit on MK music and put it aside.

I revisited it a few years later when I started getting back into MK and I could not stop playing it for months. Production is great. the songs are so clever and it was the first time I really listened to MK lyrics properly. I definitely regret not buying a Vinyl copy at the time, I'd love to have it on Vinyl but minimum seems to be about 5-600 australian dollars (about 350 euro)!

Offlineknopflertom

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 07:39:52 AM »
Not only the album is perfectly written, it was perfectly recorded and still to this day is one of my favourite MK albums sonically speaking (SORRY GUY).
It feels extremely live and fresh, lyrics is great and if an album has a song that Bob Dylan calls his favourite you know you've done something good.

Which Song is Bob Dylan‘s favourite one?
Greetz Tom

Dortmund , Cologne 2015 done
Barcelona, RAH 21st, Oberhausen

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 08:15:10 AM »

Which Song is Bob Dylan‘s favourite one?

Song For Sonny Liston

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 38 queries.