Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Any of here attended to any of the concerts in WembleyArena during ´85 BIA Tour?  (Read 2561 times)

OfflineTerry01

• Camerado
Im very curious on that.. if anyone attended to this concerts please tell about  ;D
Wembley nights were my favourite DS Concerts, especially the concert of the 10th July because we have the pro shot recording (I wait for anyday appears the complete source  :-[ :-[)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I wasn't even born then, but let me say for the record — I'm stupid enough to think that Wembley Arena was Wembley Stadium, this confusion continued right till this year, when I was watching some Live Aid documentaries. I have to admit, that I'm stupid, but could've they come up with some different kind of name for this arena? I wonder how many hundreds and thousands (millions?) of people were confused by Wembley Arena vs. Wembley stadium moniker.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
I wasn't even born then, but let me say for the record — I'm stupid enough to think that Wembley Arena was Wembley Stadium, this confusion continued right till this year, when I was watching some Live Aid documentaries. I have to admit, that I'm stupid, but could've they come up with some different kind of name for this arena? I wonder how many hundreds and thousands (millions?) of people were confused by Wembley Arena vs. Wembley stadium moniker.

To me, "Stadium" was the key word  ;D

Nowadays the arena is called "SSE Arena", but will be always Wembley Arena for us, like it will be always Hammersmith Odeon despite the lot of changes the name suffered, being "Eventim Apollo" the last one...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineTerry01

• Camerado

Nowadays the arena is called "SSE Arena", but will be always Wembley Arena for us, like it will be always Hammersmith Odeon despite the lot of changes the name suffered, being "Eventim Apollo" the last one...

Comparing the Wembley Arena to Wembly Stadium, i suppose that it´s a very difference in size (Wembley Stadium is bigger, obviusly)

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

Comparing the Wembley Arena to Wembly Stadium, i suppose that it´s a very difference in size (Wembley Stadium is bigger, obviusly)

The arena

The stadium

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 01:32:26 PM by jbaent »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
Im very curious on that.. if anyone attended to this concerts please tell about  ;D
Wembley nights were my favourite DS Concerts, especially the concert of the 10th July because we have the pro shot recording (I wait for anyday appears the complete source  :-[ :-[)

There are people here that saw DS in Newcastle in 1979, and in Dortmund (or was it Werchter?) in 1980 or 81...

OfflineTerry01

• Camerado

There are people here that saw DS in Newcastle in 1979, and in Dortmund (or was it Werchter?) in 1980 or 81...

They really have good luck haha ( i never can attend to a DS Concert because i born very later, sorry for bad english)
What a good luck if someone attended at the Wembley 10th July show and grabbed it  : :lol :lol

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

They really have good luck haha ( i never can attend to a DS Concert because i born very later, sorry for bad english)
What a good luck if someone attended at the Wembley 10th July show and grabbed it  : :lol :lol

I often think about DS playing four dates at the Edinburgh Playhouse in December 1985 and me sitting 25 minutes along the road not knowing a thing about it.  Okay, I was 10 at the time but I was a fan then and would love to have seen the band on my favourite, and legendary, tour.  Managed to catch them in 1991 by fluke when a saw a small announcement in the back of a newspaper.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 36 queries.