Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: bacon roll view  (Read 3162 times)

Offlinetrapper

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
bacon roll view
« on: December 02, 2019, 11:07:46 PM »
I am an old neurologist. I view the bacon roll as an old man in a nursing home/assisted living being visited by a friend. They are in line in the facilities cafeteria discussing why he quit working. It was very important that he emphasized he was not fired but could not tolerate the new regime that was replacing him. Probably a little demented, he perseverates on the bacon roll issue to staff and his friend. Clearly feeling and freely admitting his obsolescence, he makes sure his friend knows he never got the elbow.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: bacon roll view
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 10:19:07 AM »
I am an old neurologist. I view the bacon roll as an old man in a nursing home/assisted living being visited by a friend. They are in line in the facilities cafeteria discussing why he quit working. It was very important that he emphasized he was not fired but could not tolerate the new regime that was replacing him. Probably a little demented, he perseverates on the bacon roll issue to staff and his friend. Clearly feeling and freely admitting his obsolescence, he makes sure his friend knows he never got the elbow.

MK introduced this song in some concerts, like in Lisbon like " this song is about Mr Brexit"

Also in other interviews he says the main character is a brexiter.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: bacon roll view
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 12:07:19 PM »

MK introduced this song in some concerts, like in Lisbon like " this song is about Mr Brexit"

Also in other interviews he says the main character is a brexiter.

But he also said he wrote it from a situation in a greasy spoon café across the road from the BBC in London (no brexiteers there)!  Seriously, I often wonder if this was the real meaning behind it - as there is nothing to suggest it from the song itself - or whether Mark just used it to voice his opinion.  He seemed to be going through an unusually outspoken period then.

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 36 queries.