Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: About DS recorded but not released material - A crazy but little stupid idea  (Read 6871 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
I spoke to Ben many years ago on MySpace and he was surprisingly receptive and open to talk about his own band. As soon as I stepped into MK/DS territory he dropped out the conversation and never replied again.

That doesn't surprise me really (not having a go at you Eddie).

In many ways we are all in the continual process of escaping from underneath our parents wings. Put yourself in their shoes, they've successfully flown the next, the last thing they probably want to talk about is what guage of strings their Dad used in march 1981!

It often takes a while for children to step out from their fathers shadow, imagine if that shadow was Mark Knopfler!

And also imagine that Benji's band is not that famous to allow him to make a living by himself, so he is probably living under his father's money, same than his daughter Issy, that works as an actress etc etc but in a very low scale, but lives in his father former house in Notting Hill...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
I spoke to Ben many years ago on MySpace and he was surprisingly receptive and open to talk about his own band. As soon as I stepped into MK/DS territory he dropped out the conversation and never replied again.

In many ways we are all in the continual process of escaping from underneath our parents wings. Put yourself in their shoes, they've successfully flown the next, the last thing they probably want to talk about is what guage of strings their Dad used in march 1981!

It often takes a while for children to step out from their fathers shadow, imagine if that shadow was Mark Knopfler!

And also imagine that Benji's band is not that famous to allow him to make a living by himself, so he is probably living under his father's money, same than his daughter Issy, that works as an actress etc etc but in a very low scale, but lives in his father former house in Notting Hill...
Former house? Not still At home?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

Former house? Not still At home?

MK moved from his Notting Hill house around 1995 to Chelsea. Ed Bicknell said they both bought a house at the same street in Chelsea before the GH more or less.

I had the doubt if MK still owned the house in Notting Hill, but Issy post frequently pictures at that house and at the street so it's clear she's living there.

At the old Neck and neck website there was a picture of that Notting Hill house, in this url:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030226043943/http://www.neck-and-neck.com/gallery/pictures/pic_mk.html

This one, exactly:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010627213126if_/http://www.neck-and-neck.com:80/gallery/pictures/images/mkdiv03.jpg

And here, the Issy's instagram pictures at Chepstow Villas, in Notting Hill. Several articles points that it was Chepstow Villas where MK uses to live in Notting Hill, like this one:

http://thesourcemag.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=175:notting-hill-rock-and-roll-tour&catid=22:local&Itemid=319

or this one:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/moving-on-hpp7t7rk2qd

Here, the instagram pictures.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhbGFn1gSI2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfngE0rAGQD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

It's funny how much private information about the famous people can be found online  :smack
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:09:12 AM by jbaent »

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
More impressive is that a multi-millionaire super star lives in something that resemble a "reasonable" house and not a castle or something. People who live in 2nd and 3rd world countries like Russia will never understand that, because if one in Russia makes as much money as MK he purchase himself a house with a living area like a football field, backyard with an area of Sahara Desert and builds a 10 meter electrical fence so nobody can disturb him lol.

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
More impressive is that a multi-millionaire super star lives in something that resemble a "reasonable" house and not a castle or something. People who live in 2nd and 3rd world countries like Russia will never understand that, because if one in Russia makes as much money as MK he purchase himself a house with a living area like a football field, backyard with an area of Sahara Desert and builds a 10 meter electrical fence so nobody can disturb him lol.

Actually is very curious, when you walk by the streets in Chelsea, London, the houses by the outside doesn't look like they belong to multimillioires at all. I remember being in a street where I heard Eric Clapton lives and telling that to a friend, someone walking by said "yes, that house behind you" and apparently, from the outside you'll never say someone like Clapton lives in that house!

Same happened to me with Bernie Eccleston house. A friend of mine living in London lives close and told me "look at that house, Eccleston lives there" and my reaction was "Really? In that house? My grandparents house at a small village in Spain is bigger, and they are not rich at all!"

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

MK's "other" house in the New Forest is huge, but probably cheaper than the London house.     Those "reasonable" houses in London that people like Clapton and MK live in cost in the region of £15,000,000!   London is very expensive.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
Do we know where he lives in Chelsea?

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

Some fans know, but obviously is not something to be talked in a fan forum publicly.

That friend of mine who lives in the area and told me about Ecclestone house, also know where Mk lives and one day send me a picture of an advertisement in a post just in front of his house, as MK was doing some works in his house, and the advertisement was to let the neighbors know about that works. The funny thing is that the advertisement included MK full name and exact address... and that was on the street. Anyone walking by could had read that!

Very curious.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Some fans know, but obviously is not something to be talked in a fan forum publicly.

That friend of mine who lives in the area and told me about Ecclestone house, also know where Mk lives and one day send me a picture of an advertisement in a post just in front of his house, as MK was doing some works in his house, and the advertisement was to let the neighbors know about that works. The funny thing is that the advertisement included MK full name and exact address... and that was on the street. Anyone walking by could had read that!

Very curious.

Not so strange, jbaent.   In the UK when work is expected to be done on a house or building, planning permission is required to let people in the area register their objections and so a planning application notice has to be posted outside the house with the owner's name and address on the application notice.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

Very curious.

Not so strange, jbaent.   In the UK when work is expected to be done on a house or building, planning permission is required to let people in the area register their objections and so a planning application notice has to be posted outside the house with the owner's name and address on the application notice.

In Spain the privacy is more important, it looks... thats forbidden. To do works on your house you have to go just to the city hall and ask for permission, if it's legal, you are allowed to do it, and that's all.

Neighbors could claim if they think that works are not legal by whatever the reason but, if the city hall allowed you, usually it's because it's legal.

Nobody else would know about the name of who's the owner or the house, except people in the city hall, and the neighbors already know...

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 11:19:30 AM by jbaent »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Very curious.

In Spain the privacy is more important, it looks... thats forbidden.

How do you register any objections in Spain?
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler

Very curious.

In Spain the privacy is more important, it looks... thats forbidden.

How do you register any objections in Spain?

I edited my previous posts.

If there are objections, you go to the city hall, but usually, if the city hall allowed the works, it's because is legal so there is very little you can do. Unless people from the city hall did their work bad...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Thank you for explaining, jbaent.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado

Very curious.

thanks, I understand.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time

Very curious.

In Spain the privacy is more important, it looks... thats forbidden. To do works on your house you have to go just to the city hall and ask for permission, if it's legal, you are allowed to do it, and that's all.

Neighbors could claim if they think that works are not legal by whatever the reason but, if the city hall allowed you, usually it's because it's legal.

Nobody else would know about the name of who's the owner or the house, except people in the city hall, and the neighbors already know...
Same happened with gilmours house in Brighton. Some old sauna he wants to remodel. There his name is/was also on the outside lamppost

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 37 queries.