Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A New Kind of Piano!  (Read 1881 times)

OfflineSuprlinda

• Guitar George
A New Kind of Piano!
« on: January 11, 2020, 03:17:46 PM »
In the financial news yesterday, they posted a story and short video of the designer of a Concept Grand Piano that was released at the CES (Consumer Electronics Show 2020) conference and trade show in Las Vegas, Nevada this whole week.  The piano is a concept piano for Roland.  It is actually kind of cool to look at.  The video clip includes some music being played on it and it sounds like a traditional grand piano, with hammers and strings.  Apparently, in 2015, Roland issued a challenge to designers to come up with a concept for a new one.  They say they won't be making any to sell, but I'm betting that at some point, they will come out with something similar.  Last year they released an Alexa activated keyboard, so they are certainly getting in on the band wagon of "new tech."

Maybe Guy needs a new toy like this to play with!

Here is the link address: https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/9/21058586/roland-facet-grand-piano-ces-2020

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
Re: A New Kind of Piano!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 11:51:55 PM »
Looks and sounds amazing (if that was the actual end product playing on the short video I listened to).

I want one now!

But sadly it wouldn't fit in my teaching room  :(

OfflineSuprlinda

• Guitar George
Re: A New Kind of Piano!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 02:37:18 PM »
But just think of the possibilities of portability!  At least it looks like you could maybe take it on the road with more ease than a Roland (or whatever) in a wooden box!   ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 36 queries.