Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark on Sirius XM  (Read 111177 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Mark on Sirius XM
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2020, 12:16:20 PM »
thnx Binone, you are the best!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2020, 12:37:36 PM »
Blitzen Trapper — Love The Way You Walk Away (2011)
Thelonius Monk — Abide With Me (1956)
Los Lobos — The Valley (2006)
Lydia Lunch — Lady Scarface (1980)
Joni Mitchell — A Case Of You (1971)
Bruce Molsky, Danny Knicely, Tatiana Hargreaves — Foreign Lander (2009)
Bombino — Amidinine (2013)
Sharon Van Etten — Leonard (2012)
Dirk Powell — Waterbound (2004)
Chance McCoy And The Appalachian String Band — Dance All Night With A Bottle In Your Hand (2008)
Yo La Tengo — You Can Have It All (2000)

hunter

« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2020, 01:03:30 PM »
I'm curious how Mark listens to music. On the go? In the studio? With his money, he could have an insane high-end home system. It's obvious he listens a lot.

By the way, did he say a bit more this time about the songs? I haven't listened yet.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2020, 01:13:36 PM »
Many thanks, Binone, for the download and also Quizzaciously for the list of songs.  Much appreciated.   :)

I enjoyed listening to this week's broadcast very much, especially A Case of You - Joni Mitchell, Foreign Lander - Tatiana Hargreaves/Bruce Molsky, Dance All Night - Chance McCoy, Leonard - Sharon Van Etten and Waterbound - Dirk Powell.  I have seen Dirk singing Waterbound at Transatlantic Sessions and really love that song.  The MK version is pretty wonderful too, which he did on The Jools Holland Show.    ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2020, 01:17:25 PM »
Many thanks, Binone, for the download and also Quizzaciously for the list of songs.  Much appreciated.   :)

I enjoyed listening to this week's broadcast very much, especially A Case of You - Joni Mitchell, Foreign Lander - Tatiana Hargreaves/Bruce Molsky, Dance All Night - Chance McCoy, Leonard - Sharon Van Etten and Waterbound - Dirk Powell.  I have seen Dirk singing Waterbound at Transatlantic Sessions and really love that song.  The MK version is pretty wonderful too, which he did on The Jools Holland Show.    ;)
never seen this mk waterbound performance?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2020, 01:21:32 PM »
Blitzen Trapper — Love The Way You Walk Away (2011)
Thelonius Monk — Abide With Me (1956)
Los Lobos — The Valley (2006)
Lydia Lunch — Lady Scarface (1980)
Joni Mitchell — A Case Of You (1971)
Bruce Molsky, Danny Knicely, Tatiana Hargreaves — Foreign Lander (2009)
Bombino — Amidinine (2013)
Sharon Van Etten — Leonard (2012)
Dirk Powell — Waterbound (2004)
Chance McCoy And The Appalachian String Band — Dance All Night With A Bottle In Your Hand (2008)
Yo La Tengo — You Can Have It All (2000)
really liked Bombino, sounds a lot like Amadou et Mariam

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2020, 01:29:16 PM »

It's audio only:

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2020, 01:31:07 PM »
thnx

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2020, 01:36:32 PM »

It's audio only:

i think the MK version was actually better!! oh he mentions it on the radioshow. such a coincidence, as i write this...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2020, 01:38:16 PM »

It's audio only:

i think the MK version was actually better!! oh he mentions it on the radioshow. such a coincidence, as i write this...

I prefer MK's version too!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2020, 01:52:22 PM »
I'm curious how Mark listens to music. On the go? In the studio? With his money, he could have an insane high-end home system. It's obvious he listens a lot.

By the way, did he say a bit more this time about the songs? I haven't listened yet.

From the interviews I've read it seems to me that Mark not only has never been a guitar collector, but records collector as well. He said in his early days he traveled and moved so much he had no time (and space) to collect any records. From another interview I've read he uses Spotify like most of us. Well, not most of us, because Spotify isn't available in Russia yet so I have to use Apple Music instead and I'm kind of used to it at this point.

I think anyone who have money and love music have a decent or hi-end system, but if your name's not Neil Young I think you'll be good with Spotify :lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2020, 02:10:34 PM »

From the interviews I've read it seems to me that Mark not only has never been a guitar collector, but records collector as well. He said in his early days he traveled and moved so much he had no time (and space) to collect any records. From another interview I've read he uses Spotify like most of us. Well, not most of us, because Spotify isn't available in Russia yet so I have to use Apple Music instead and I'm kind of used to it at this point.

I think anyone who have money and love music have a decent or hi-end system, but if your name's not Neil Young I think you'll be good with Spotify :lol
lol, Pono!

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2020, 03:07:57 PM »
Didn't like the music from this episode.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2020, 03:39:23 PM »
Didn't like the music from this episode.
you need to fix your "shows to come" :-)

hunter

« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2020, 07:33:59 PM »

Ha, Neil Young. What kind of hearing can he have left after decades of loud rock music :)

Anyway,  I use Tidal. I have the Hifi subscription which gives you CD and better quality. I stream from my computer through a good DAC into a decent amp and speakers. Sounds great.

Why isn't Spotify (and Tidal for that matter) available in Russia?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 07:48:38 PM by hunter »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 43 queries.