Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark on Sirius XM  (Read 111114 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Mark on Sirius XM
« Reply #525 on: September 08, 2020, 12:36:39 AM »
Wow! Great idea:) Thank you quizzaciously.  Will there be all episodes?  ;)

Sure. If I do something, I'll do it till the end! That also applies to this:

Aahhh fair then 😄 to be honest, since I am following you for a few years now, really wasn’t surprised when you said you’d transcribe every song and that it would take you 5 mins per song 😅 cheers, hope there are lessons incoming

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #526 on: September 08, 2020, 12:44:37 AM »
The best forum in the world. quizzaciously you're a Good Man. I am very happy :) The written word has value.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #527 on: September 08, 2020, 12:55:59 AM »
The best forum in the world. quizzaciously you're a Good Man. I am very happy :) The written word has value.

That's why I want to do this... I just love reading, probably even more than listening to someone with such a good speaking voice like Mark. But sometimes what I need is a screen, or a book, and just read something. Or if I want to search a song Mark played quickly and don't want to listen to the whole thing, then I would have a cue card handy to read it. Either way, that's an effort worth doing, and absolutely worth doing for someone who can't catch everything Mark says in his programme. let alone his comments are pure gold! Apart from obvious "This was *The Artist* with *The Song*" he has a cool sense of words and humour which I find fascinating.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #528 on: September 08, 2020, 01:08:47 AM »
I am very happy because I'm can't catch everything:) And I like reading too. I will wait patiently  :)

Clear as the day

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #529 on: September 08, 2020, 07:46:59 PM »
I am very happy because I'm can't catch everything:) And I like reading too. I will wait patiently  :)

Me, too!

Wonderful idea quizzaciously and thank you for your effort.  :clap
I love when you say, " his comments are pure gold!" So true.
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #530 on: September 08, 2020, 08:15:18 PM »

Me, too!

Wonderful idea quizzaciously and thank you for your effort.  :clap
I love when you say, " his comments are pure gold!" So true.

I wanted to do this from day one, now I think about the enormous amount of stuff I need to transcribe, but so far it's fun. I did all the nasty job already with laying down all the tracks, designing the document and now I'm just transcribing the words. Not only it doesn't take much time, but extremely fun to do. If it's helpful for me, it's helpful for you.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 08:43:23 PM by quizzaciously »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #531 on: September 08, 2020, 08:18:32 PM »
And that was “Foreign Lander” − Tatiana Hargreaves, Bruce Molsky and Danny Knicely playing guitar nicely :lol :lol :lol

Here's the link again, I don't know how to put it so not to put it in every message, but you get the idea. It's a transcription of everything Mark said in the programme:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d115Bt6OQwKCLlj9G60_YSO9Pe1UbTCYtEMTuVzaKu4/edit?usp=sharing

So far I laid down all the tracks and left blank spaces where Mark's comments will be, and almost finished transcribing the second episode.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #532 on: September 08, 2020, 08:53:18 PM »
 :thumbsup  I read with great attention and curiosity   :)
Clear as the day

Offlinezmiguelgomes

• Guitar George
« Reply #533 on: September 09, 2020, 01:52:32 AM »
And that was “Foreign Lander” − Tatiana Hargreaves, Bruce Molsky and Danny Knicely playing guitar nicely :lol :lol :lol

Here's the link again, I don't know how to put it so not to put it in every message, but you get the idea. It's a transcription of everything Mark said in the programme:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d115Bt6OQwKCLlj9G60_YSO9Pe1UbTCYtEMTuVzaKu4/edit?usp=sharing

So far I laid down all the tracks and left blank spaces where Mark's comments will be, and almost finished transcribing the second episode.

Great work!

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #534 on: September 09, 2020, 06:11:02 AM »
Well, the first episode is done: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d115Bt6OQwKCLlj9G60_YSO9Pe1UbTCYtEMTuVzaKu4/edit?usp=sharing

If somebody could help me proofread this I would be happy. It's not about what I transcribed though, but more about what Mark actually said, so I'm looking for the real help.

You can edit the document any time, so go ahead. Don't try to vandalise it though, because it automatically saves all the versions, so it's easy to go back any time :lol

Crazy man! Thanks a lot!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #535 on: September 09, 2020, 06:51:06 PM »
Well, the first episode is done: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d115Bt6OQwKCLlj9G60_YSO9Pe1UbTCYtEMTuVzaKu4/edit?usp=sharing

If somebody could help me proofread this I would be happy. It's not about what I transcribed though, but more about what Mark actually said, so I'm looking for the real help.

You can edit the document any time, so go ahead. Don't try to vandalise it though, because it automatically saves all the versions, so it's easy to go back any time :lol

Crazy man! Thanks a lot!

Yeah seems crazy to me, but it's great. I can train my ears, train my English and yet make something valuable, no anythyng bad here at all! Love it.
I thought that this document is already 30 pages long. I imagine when finished it would be 200 pages long, like a book, lol. It's a book, concluded.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #536 on: September 09, 2020, 11:33:41 PM »
Okay, I decided to step my game up and now do this: every tune now has a YouTube link AND if Mark mentions some other song in connection to the main song, I'll link that one too. I'll put other important references in there so it will be sort of like The British Grove Broadcast Wiki. YES, I know that I'm crazy, thanks.

UPD: Episode 3 is now complete.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:27:33 AM by quizzaciously »

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #537 on: September 10, 2020, 01:26:41 AM »
I read and listen one by one. Now it's even easier. Another great idea. Thank youuuuuu Pavel :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 01:51:53 AM by Robson »
Clear as the day

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #538 on: September 10, 2020, 01:33:48 AM »
Tatiana Hargreaves, Bruce Molsky, Danny Knicely - Foreign Lander

"The transatlantic mix that happens to music, maybe I’m listening to an old-time Irish or Scottish tune, but it’s what’s happened to it over in America. And then maybe it gets re-exported, and this is one of the wonderful things about songs"

Everything is here...

Clear as the day

Offlineknopflerfan7

• Guitar George
« Reply #539 on: September 11, 2020, 01:55:25 AM »
The link for episode 21 has expired.  Would anyone kindly put it up again.  Many thanks.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 39 queries.