Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark back in the studio "as soon as possible"  (Read 9744 times)

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
Re: Mark back in the studio "as soon as possible"
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 07:41:13 PM »
Mark’s message was the best thing I’ve heard in this damn 2020 so far. I needed it. Thanks Mark!
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 09:24:08 PM »
Rich people can isolate themselves with no worries and implement safety measures us ordinary Joes can only dream of. Come on now.

So what is your point? That he should give away all his money? So he's an ordinary Joe too?

I'm saying talk is cheap.

Unfortunately you are proving that.

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2020, 09:37:45 PM »
Mark’s message was the best thing I’ve heard in this damn 2020 so far. I needed it. Thanks Mark!
+1

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2020, 10:08:16 PM »

+1
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

hunter

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2020, 11:09:59 PM »
Rich people can isolate themselves with no worries and implement safety measures us ordinary Joes can only dream of. Come on now.

So what is your point? That he should give away all his money? So he's an ordinary Joe too?

I'm saying talk is cheap.

Unfortunately you are proving that.

How, exactly?

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2020, 11:46:08 PM »
Let the man make a sizable donation somewhere to help out.

How are you certain he hasn't already done that?

Everybody should mind his business first and not talk about what the others should do.

Just my 0.02 €.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 12:17:03 AM »
Let's not forget that Mark has a lot of Italian friends and I'm sure that all this touches him a lot as it touches us too and I'm also sure that beautiful things will be put on paper and on his guitar after all this.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 08:59:48 AM »
Let's not forget that Mark has a lot of Italian friends and I'm sure that all this touches him a lot as it touches us too and I'm also sure that beautiful things will be put on paper and on his guitar after all this.
Covid 19 is not a italian problem, sadly is a wide world problem....

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 09:30:05 AM »
You have no clue what MK has or hasn’t done with his money.

He has done loads of charity work over the years.

Your negativity is not what we need right now Hunter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 10:23:50 AM »
You have no clue what MK has or hasn’t done with his money.

He has done loads of charity work over the years.

Your negativity is not what we need right now Hunter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And it's none of our business if he wants to donate something or not. It's his money... I'm glad to hear a message from our man.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2020, 11:46:47 AM »
I don't get all those people asking rich to donate money, as if they have to, just because they have money...

In Spain there is a person who run a clothes company which is one of the most rich people of the WORLD, and as other rich people he uses tax tricks to avoid what he should pay in taxes for Spain. It is allowed to do that, of course, it's not fair, but it's legal.

Now that person says he's buying with his money medical supplies, masks etc for the country with his fortune. He doesn't need to do that, but he does it from time to time, and it's welcomed, although it's a little weird that you first avoid paying taxes for your country, that will be used for things like, health care, and where is a crisis, suddenly he donated what it's needed. Weird, but in the end, welcomed.

My point is, from this gesture, lot of people are asking why other rich Spanish people don't do the same. Curiously, all those rich people are linked with the left parties of the country. They don't ask rich people linked with the right party to donate although they always show how pride are from being Spanish. Weird again but, that's not the point either...

The point is, WHY THE F*CK RICH PEOPLE ARE EXPECTED TO DONATE ANYTHING?

They don't have to. If they do, THANK YOU, but it doesn't mean anyone has to EXPECT or DEMAND the others do it!!!!

MK position with his message is just being kind and sympathetic with the rest of mankind. And he offers himself to start recording as soon as he can to help us with what he does best.

MUSIC

And music is what I expect from him. Not more. He doesn't have to do anything else, if he doesn't want to. And if he does, welcome, whatever the reason he does it.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2020, 11:59:19 AM »
 :thumbsup :clap

hunter

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2020, 12:05:35 PM »
I don't expect anyone to donate anything, but a "take care, hang in there" message from people whose only worry is to stay away from other people - which is not so hard to do if you have a mansion on a huge private property on the coast - really does not mean that much. It's NICE that Mark for once makes a statement, but it means less to me than if one of you guys said it. And that he finds it pressing, at this point, to get into the studio to make music, which is all about pleasing himself (don't forget that), I honestly think is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:19:36 PM by hunter »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2020, 12:28:45 PM »
I don't expect anyone to donate anything, but a "take care, hang in there" message from people whose only worry is to stay away from other people - which is not so hard to do if you have a mansion on a huge private property on the coast - really does not mean that much. It's NICE that Mark for once makes a statement, but it means less to me than if one of you guys said it. And that he finds it pressing, at this point, to get into the studio to make music, which is all about pleasing himself (don't forget that), I honestly think is ridiculous.

MK's post meant a lot to me and the fact that he is going into the studio to record new songs for us is something to look forward to in these very dark times.  I'm sure he is pleasing himself, but why shouldn't he?   He is doing something to give us pleasure too and, my goodness, we need something good to look forward to with all the doom and gloom around.   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2020, 12:53:28 PM »

MK's post meant a lot to me and the fact that he is going into the studio to record new songs for us is something to look forward to in these very dark times.  I'm sure he is pleasing himself, but why shouldn't he?   He is doing something to give us pleasure too and, my goodness, we need something good to look forward to with all the doom and gloom around.

Exactly. We all need normality in these crazy times. For me, a message from Mark is a ray of hope, joy and normality..
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 42 queries.