Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Sultans of Swing - The Dire Straits - By Jamie Harrison  (Read 2582 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Sultans of Swing - The Dire Straits - By Jamie Harrison
« on: March 21, 2020, 07:03:27 PM »

This will definitely blow up. Because... Sultans, you know :lol

hunter

Re: Sultans of Swing - The Dire Straits - By Jamie Harrison
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 09:09:44 PM »
Very cool. And insanely nice Strat tone.

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:02:05 PM »
Very cool ideas indeed but there is a lack of warmth and feeling in that rendition that makes it a bit boring. The notes are too detached, I love how notes usually flow in that song like a seamless entity.

That said, it's nicely played. It's just that after so many Sultans videos I tend to expect miracles with each new one.

hunter

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 11:23:26 PM »
Very cool ideas indeed but there is a lack of warmth and feeling in that rendition that makes it a bit boring. The notes are too detached, I love how notes usually flow in that song like a seamless entity.

That said, it's nicely played. It's just that after so many Sultans videos I tend to expect miracles with each new one.

I think it's played a bit mechanically on purpose since it is an instructional video.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 09:55:35 AM »

I think it's played a bit mechanically on purpose since it is an instructional video.

This, and because this musician is more used to John Mayer bluesy type of expression, while Mark's approach is more jazzy and laid-back, especially with bends. So hard to play MK's music even if you're the top musician like this guy!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 41 queries.