Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Phil Palmer One To One Skype lesson  (Read 3040 times)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Phil Palmer One To One Skype lesson
« on: April 07, 2020, 05:29:27 PM »
www.philpalmer.com

Dear friends,
The Corona Virus is having a profound effect on the music and entertainment business worldwide. Myself and my colleagues were looking forward to an active spring and summer playing concerts around the world but all these plans have been postponed indefinitely. We are left with the hope that concerts can be rescheduled just as soon as circumstances permit as we’re very much looking forward to playing for you once again. Along with a crowded gig diary, I had been planning a series of clinics in various countries throughout the year. I really enjoy doing these clinics as it gives me an opportunity to see people face to face and share my experiences both musical and personal. It occurs to me that during this period of lock down that perhaps these clinics and seminars could continue in another more personal way through the use of Skype and so i’m currently investigating this idea. I am setting up a link on this website for you to request more information. Meetings will be individual where you can take guitar lessons, ask questions, receive advice and even share in any moments of my career that might interest you.
Be safe…
Phil x

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:53:24 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Re: Phil Palmer One To One Skype lesson
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 05:31:27 PM »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 07:31:26 PM »
Lol imagine this coming from MK, he'd double his fortune. It would be nice to know what exactly Phil can teach though.

hunter

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 08:54:35 PM »
Lol imagine this coming from MK, he'd double his fortune. It would be nice to know what exactly Phil can teach though.

I have no doubt that Phil is a great guitar player. Especially intermediate to advanced players I think could pick up a lot of good stuff from him. And as a guy who's been working up close with Mark and learned a lot of the arrangements, there should be tons of stuff for fans of Mark's playing.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 10:18:10 PM »
I have no doubt that Phil is a great guitar player. Especially intermediate to advanced players I think could pick up a lot of good stuff from him. And as a guy who's been working up close with Mark and learned a lot of the arrangements, there should be tons of stuff for fans of Mark's playing.

I have no doubt too, the guy has been playing on big stages for ages, been around Clapton, George Michael, Gilmour, Elton, etc., certainly he has many things to teach. It's pity he's more associated with his cover bands stuff now, if not that I'd be the first guy to buy his masterclass, but now I'm thinking about not doing it. If someone's going to pull the plug on that, please share the experience.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 12:07:32 PM »
I repeat that being a pro muso is not an easy life.
You take the jobs where it come from even if it is a cover band.

After all if the band is really good I can enjoy some.
The main mistake for MK\DS cover band is that they forget to have a good singer because Mark's own personality is very very strong so very difficult to impersonate.

Phil Palmer is not my preferred guitarist in term of personal taste but he remains a top sideman - the kind of guy you can ask in a hurry to come in and doing the job properly.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 01:15:45 PM »
I repeat that being a pro muso is not an easy life.
You take the jobs where it come from even if it is a cover band.

After all if the band is really good I can enjoy some.
The main mistake for MK\DS cover band is that they forget to have a good singer because Mark's own personality is very very strong so very difficult to impersonate.

Phil Palmer is not my preferred guitarist in term of personal taste but he remains a top sideman - the kind of guy you can ask in a hurry to come in and doing the job properly.

I admire Phil's work, don't get me wrong, I just think it's not the best way of dealing with things especially given your reason of the difficulty of "replacing" MK. You can start a YouTube channel then, make an online school or something, I understand that being a musician is a super difficult thing to do and that's why I'd never want to be a professional musician in the first place. It's really, really hard. So I hope Phil is going to persevere with his work beside playing songs of the band he was a part of 30 years ago.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 04:11:18 PM »
Phil still works a lot specially in Italy. Someone called Renato Zero comes to mind. His wife is also an Italian singer he plays with...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 04:15:57 PM by jbaent »
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 39 queries.