Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark Knopfler Get Lucky Tour Dates (Amsterdam leaked)  (Read 27245 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Mark Knopfler Get Lucky Tour Dates (Amsterdam leaked)
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 04:04:57 PM »
I wrote an e-mail to them telling that my creditcard expires 11/09 so I will not have it anymore by that time. They didn't answer me.

Is it allowed/legal to them to share creditcardnumber with the people at the door of the venues?

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 04:11:44 PM »
I wrote an e-mail to them telling that my creditcard expires 11/09 so I will not have it anymore by that time. They didn't answer me.

Is it allowed/legal to them to share creditcardnumber with the people at the door of the venues?

But you'll get a new credit card before it expires with the same number on it, don't you? So it's basically the same card only with a new expiration date. Had that before, no problem.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 04:37:01 PM »

that is funny, i did the same ages ago. no reply.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 05:33:52 PM »

But you'll get a new credit card before it expires with the same number on it, don't you? So it's basically the same card only with a new expiration date. Had that before, no problem.

Ive had similar issues in the past - when my debit card gets replaced with a new card - the number is different - as well as the expiry date - luckily this one expires in 2012!! ;)
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »
See, it's a matter of principle. IMO it's really arrogant to assume everyone has a steady income and a piece of plastic. Every fan should have equal chances to enjoy the presale, credit card or not, PC or Mac. As I mentioned earlier, I suggested to offer PayPal as an option but - you guess - no reply. This is impudent and arrogant to no extend. I still hope the German presale will not be handled over MK.com. Otherwise I really don't know what to do.

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 08:15:11 PM »
Quote Nigel: "Also, surely with the Amsterdam pre-sale, it's not as much of a hurry to book, because it is standing only with no reserved seating.
REMEMBER THE SPRINT TO THE STAGE.   "

Haha Nigel, I will be practising this time and try to have the best condition to be the fastest at the front of the stage!  ;D

Miriam, I understand how you feel! It must be terrible sitting here and not being able to order tickets. I had problems the first time I used it and lucky Ingrid helped me to order for the concerts of 2008. Last week Ingrid gave me advice to control my address etc before the date of ordering. This time it went quick and I didn't have troubles!  ;D

To all the people who will be in Amsterdam. I didn't order a ticket yet, because I hope Mark will be there on Sunday June 27th .....BUT I saw today he will be playing in Prague Saturday June 26th!!! I am not sure if it will be possible for the people who build stages etc to "clean" the stage after the concert, put everything in the trucks then drive a long distance of about 950km to Amsterdam and build everything up again for the concert in the HMH that Sunday evening........Of course the people will and can work terrible hard and know what to do, but I am hesitating now and not sure IF there is a possiblity for a concert that Sunday..........What do you all think??? ::)

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 08:36:57 PM »
I just went over at MKNews and ranted a little. Let's see if I'll get censored again or even banned  :o  ;D

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »
See, it's a matter of principle. IMO it's really arrogant to assume everyone has a steady income and a piece of plastic. Every fan should have equal chances to enjoy the presale, credit card or not, PC or Mac. As I mentioned earlier, I suggested to offer PayPal as an option but - you guess - no reply. This is impudent and arrogant to no extend. I still hope the German presale will not be handled over MK.com. Otherwise I really don't know what to do.

Let me know if you need help to order for the German shows. You can pay me back via Paypal then...

Love Expresso

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 09:18:07 PM »
Well, Goldenheart, your post at MKNews from today and the two following ones are the best way to get the whole thread deleted, probably... ;D

Honestly, I think it is a German problem. People in the US, Canada, and I think also in the UK use a lot more credit cards than us Germans. In this case
it seems we drag behind a little bit... But I think it is ok, as long as you are able to get what you want otherwise, and paypal seems to be a perfect option. (Just remember how easy it was to get Inamorata f.e., that was my first time to use paypal). So I can fully understand you going ballistic.
But I am sure you will get your tickets. What else are forumers good for? 8)

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 09:45:54 PM »
lol miriam. nice post over there. just posted too.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 11:01:59 PM »
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 11:05:45 PM »
Black & white or what Val 8) , go girl  ;D
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2009, 11:21:59 PM »
ouch val.
if that don't ban your bum over there, i don't know what will. you have now openly defied the powers that were!

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 11:34:17 PM »

Let me know if you need help to order for the German shows. You can pay me back via Paypal then...

Thanks a lot Martina, I will come back to that offer  :)

LE, I think you're right about the credit card use in other countries. And maybe I will see things differently with a steady job etc but in my position right now I think it's just unfair to ignore "minorities" if you will. And I really don't know what's so difficult with PayPal...
Hehe, nice replies over there guys and girls. I almost feel a little sorry (but only almost!) but I really needed to vent my anger. Wonder what will happen  ;D

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 12:54:59 AM »
He, he, but how about getting a debet card like VISA? All you need is a bank account with money on it. And you can buy concert tickets over at mk.com with them. You get all the fun and a pin code, but no expencive credit.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 40 queries.