Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Ennio Morricone  (Read 5749 times)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
Re: Ennio Morricone
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »
Hal Lindes cares, I wouldn't be surprised to read something from MK next

After so many big artists said goodbye to Ennio including Hans Zimmer, Quentin Tarantino, John Carpenter, Elijah Wood,
Russell Crowe, Antonio Banderas, just to name a few,
I am pretty surprised there's still nothing from MK, after he used Morricone's music for the intro of his Dire Straits shows
and as his own guitar licks during Tunnel of Love live, it happens very rarely MK uses someone's else ideas, if there's one it's Morricone, yet MK says goodbye to a lot of dead people in his website but nothing for Morricone ? really strange, maybe it's just a matter of time
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 02:24:17 PM »

After so many big artists said goodbye to Ennio including Hans Zimmer, Quentin Tarantino, John Carpenter, Elijah Wood,
I am pretty surprised there's still nothing from MK, after he used Morricone's music for the intro of his Dire Straits shows
and as his own guitar licks during Tunnel of Love live, it happens very rarely MK uses someone's else ideas, if there's one it's Morricone, yet MK says goodbye to a lot of dead people in his website but nothing for Morricone ? really strange, maybe it's just a matter of time

I think that what he said in his broadcast while Ennio was still alive is more than enough, he shared a pretty big story, which is much better than usual and obvious "He was inspiration to many" message on his website. Each time Mark releases an obituary on his website I think "And that's it? That's all you have to say about this person?", so better to have nothing in my opinion.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2020, 03:57:45 PM »

I think that what he said in his broadcast while Ennio was still alive is more than enough, he shared a pretty big story, which is much better than usual and obvious "He was inspiration to many" message on his website. Each time Mark releases an obituary on his website I think "And that's it? That's all you have to say about this person?", so better to have nothing in my opinion.

that's a different story, I don't like MK using his website as an obituary too,
but that's what he has done for years, including a lot of unknown artists, at least to me, and then Morricone dies and he says nothing ? that's very strange to me
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2020, 04:11:44 PM »

that's a different story, I don't like MK using his website as an obituary too,
but that's what he has done for years, including a lot of unknown artists, at least to me, and then Morricone dies and he says nothing ? that's very strange to me

MK did the same when Liam O'Flynn died a couple of years ago, even though they had played together many times, but then quite recently he appeared in a documentary about Liam and paid a lovely tribute to him.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 03:46:56 PM »
the best for the movies with John Williams

Honestly, I'm surprised about the mild interest around his death, nobody seems to care. I thought a figure like his would be interesting to everybody, but his death is not even in the top news of the day. What happened with this world man?

top news where ? in russia ?

I mean in general, and since you've mentioned, Ennio is popular in Russia and usually, the death of a celebrity will result in their name instantly trending on Twitter and Yandex to name a few. Not only that, but few sources from my Twitter following actually tweeted about it, and I follow a lot of sources and American and British newspapers and such, and also musicians. Just from my experience as an internet user I can say that the interest is crazily low considering the man's legacy. I'm just sad about that. But you're right, people who care they care anyways, so here's that.
very much true...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 03:47:46 PM »

which broadcast was that?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 09:48:02 PM »

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 10:40:31 PM »
Very nice article, very enjoyable as always. Thanks!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2020, 12:59:59 PM »

which broadcast was that?

It was the 9th episode opening with Vancouver Time by Leif Vollebekk. Mark said something like this (I may be wrong in a couple of words, but in generall transcribed the message I think):

"I’m sure you’d get lots of different answers if you ask people what their favourite Ennio Morricone piece was because there are so many pieces that mark out a major film territory over the past 40 odd years and I could probably still remember “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” music that I would be probably be singing in a classroom, banging on my desk. I used to get into trouble for making those electric guitar sounds with my voice, you know, and still, lots of bits in me that don’t grow up and I still do “Wipe Out” on tabletops. But, going back to Morricone, he had a huge effect on me, I think. You pick up all, a lot of signals that he put into his music, and they come out in lots of other ways. Anyhow, I remember touring in Italy a long time ago and meeting mister Morricone, they brought him along into a hotel where I was and we had a nice time together and I mentioned a piece of music, I think it was “The Strong” from “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” and mister Morricone went out to a piano and attempted to remember how it went but of course he made so many pieces of music, but anyway, he had a pretty good go and we had a pretty good time."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 36 queries.