Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Ennio Morricone  (Read 5683 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Ennio Morricone
« on: July 06, 2020, 11:13:07 AM »
Well, sad news hit the world... Ennio Morricone, Oscar-winning Italian film composer, dies aged 91. Don't have enough words, just keep scrolling this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Ennio_Morricone

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Ennio Morricone
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 03:26:39 PM »
Quote from The British Grove Broadcast: "I’m sure you’d get lots of different answers if you ask people what their favourite Ennio Morricone piece was because there are so many pieces that mark out a major film territory over the past 40 odd years and I could probably still remember “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” music that I would be probably be singing in a classroom, banging on my desk. I used to get into trouble for making those electric guitar sounds with my voice, you know, and still, lots of bits in me that don’t grow up and I still do “Wipe Out” on tabletops. But, going back to Morricone, he had a huge effect on me, I think. You pick up all, a lot of signals that he put into his music, and they come out in lots of other ways. Anyhow, I remember touring in Italy a long time ago and meeting mister Morricone, they brought him along into a hotel where I was and we had a nice time together and I mentioned a piece of music, I think it was “The Strong” from “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” and mister Morricone went out to a piano and attempted to remember how it went but of course he made so many pieces of music, but anyway, he had a pretty good go and we had a pretty good time."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 04:39:29 PM »
the best for the movies with John Williams
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 07:40:05 PM »

Honestly, I'm surprised about the mild interest around his death, nobody seems to care. I thought a figure like his would be interesting to everybody, but his death is not even in the top news of the day. What happened with this world man?

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 08:32:24 PM »

Honestly, I'm surprised about the mild interest around his death, nobody seems to care. I thought a figure like his would be interesting to everybody, but his death is not even in the top news of the day. What happened with this world man?

top news where ? in russia ?
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 08:35:57 PM »

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 08:39:41 PM »
Hal Lindes cares, I wouldn't be surprised to read something from MK next

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 08:59:33 PM »

I mean in general, and since you've mentioned, Ennio is popular in Russia and usually, the death of a celebrity will result in their name instantly trending on Twitter and Yandex to name a few. Not only that, but few sources from my Twitter following actually tweeted about it, and I follow a lot of sources and American and British newspapers and such, and also musicians. Just from my experience as an internet user I can say that the interest is crazily low considering the man's legacy. I'm just sad about that. But you're right, people who care they care anyways, so here's that.

Offlinerelaxcoustic

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 11:43:42 PM »
Just wanted to say that the term “legend” is thrown around everyone these days but Ennio really deserves either that, or a word that is yet to be invented.

My favourite work from Morricone is the theme from “My name is Nobody” - it’s so positive and happy and I’m sure Mark would like/ likes it as well.
And also hope you watch that movie, Henry Fonda and Terence Hill going on about the philosophy of life while humour and wild west are just side themes. Trust me, you will feel good after it and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do

Offlinezmiguelgomes

• Guitar George
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 12:13:05 AM »

Well, saw it on TV news this morning (Portugal) and also on the radio (well, Antena 2, a radio that plays lot of classic - and good - music).

hunter

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2020, 12:43:01 AM »

The music Hal Lindes refers to, is that the very dramatic music at the beginning of the Alchemy concert, when the guy announces " ... Dire Straits!"? Wonder what movie that is from.

Edit: Someone asked the question to Hal, and he said "he good, bad & the ugly - pumped through the mega PA system night after night." Must have been a different tour than the Love Over Gold tour then?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 12:52:05 AM by hunter »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2020, 12:56:29 AM »

The music Hal Lindes refers to, is that the very dramatic music at the beginning of the Alchemy concert, when the guy announces " ... Dire Straits!"? Wonder what movie that is from.

Edit: Someone asked the question to Hal, and he said "he good, bad & the ugly - pumped through the mega PA system night after night." Must have been a different tour than the Love Over Gold tour then?

In the Alchemy that music is Mark's own "Stargazer" theme from Local Hero, but they played Ennio Morricone before shows earlier:

Like here from 00:24

hunter

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2020, 01:03:17 AM »
In the Alchemy that music is Mark's own "Stargazer" theme from Local Hero, but they played Ennio Morricone before shows earlier:

Ah, yes, of course!  :smack

Thanks for the link to the earlier show. It's a great opening indeed!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2020, 01:08:42 AM »
Bruce Springsteen used to play Morricone's "Once Upon A Time In The West" before or after the show, quite surreal hearing it on a giant stadium full of screaming people. In fact, it's where it belongs! Gets me every time. People just lose it when whey hear it. One of the best tunes on the planet.

Offlinekaleo74

• Camerado
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2020, 03:35:49 AM »
A great gentleman and a maestro went off into the sunset. RIP
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 41 queries.