Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: AMIT Broadcast  (Read 13691 times)

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Re: AMIT Broadcast
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2020, 02:55:52 AM »

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 03:20:32 AM »
Produced and discovered by Dan Auerbach.

OfflineMelcuer

• Guitar George
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 08:09:40 AM »

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 03:34:21 PM »
We all know and love Van Morrison's masterpiece "Into The Mystic", but what you may not know, is that there exist a Deluxe Edition of the Moondance record with some outtakes. And in it, it has the 11th take of "Into The Mystic" without any overdubs and whatnot. To me, this stripped-down 3-piece sound much better than the original wall of sound with strings and horns. Just amazingly simple and beautiful.

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2020, 09:01:51 PM »
I was enjoying listening to Van Morrison and click on the answer button which stopped the song of course...

...anyway really nice version à la "Let it Be naked"!

In the meantime, not really original these days but I have to post this one

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2020, 10:45:48 PM »
Since Spotify has at least launched in Russia, I started my own playlist, right now consist of 238 songs (almost 15 hours), I know many of you can find something interesting in there, so enjoy:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2mb7Kth6SAgrRvcjswp4Mx?si=Ma6LyZThQnm6mspZsLcuWA

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 01:39:24 PM »
thnx to mr. K  i totally love anything Mr. Auerbach does.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 12:03:20 AM »
Talking about songs is too much fun. I'll continue... I'm sure EVERYBODY knows the song "What A Wonderful World" sung by Louis Armstrong, some of you may know the "full version" with the "spoken introduction" with wise words from Satchmo about hunger and pollution. But I always thought, the introduction is great, but it always plays the original studio recording after... I thought, what version this introduction came from? And because I'm extremely concerned about these things, I've spent a good couple of hours finding the original version. And I actually found it, it's right there on YouTube since 2011. And it turned out to be an amazing version, easily as good as the original, but yet with the completely different arrangement. Enjoy!

OnlineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 03:50:00 AM »
thnx to mr. K  i totally love anything Mr. Auerbach does.
Same here, love the Black Keys last album Lets Rock. I was aware of them before the collaboration but didn’t pay much attention.

hunter

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2020, 06:54:37 AM »
One of the best youngish jazz players today. Crazy good virtuosity, but also extremely musical and joyful playing.

Here with mandolin genius Chris Thile:

hunter

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2020, 07:10:05 AM »
Here's Blake Mills with the group Dawes - both featured on Mark's broadcast. One of my all-time favorite performances. Unbelievable feel in his playing, and the synergy with the band is so great.

hunter

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2020, 07:26:12 AM »
Vulfpeck, here featuring Blake Mils again, also has a lot of catchy, funky music. This one always puts me in a good mood:

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2020, 10:33:53 AM »
One of the best youngish jazz players today. Crazy good virtuosity, but also extremely musical and joyful playing.

Here with mandolin genius Chris Thile:

Julian Lage is a kind of guy who can easily inspire you to give up playing the guitar. What I don't like about geniuses and prodigies like him though is his facial expressions... If I watch this guy play, I only listen, because oh my... These expressions are too much for me to handle. Also, on the side note, I have no idea how he's able to play with 100% perfect intonation on a vintage Telecaster with a 3-barrel bridge. But what do I know, I'm not a genius.

hunter

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2020, 10:38:44 AM »
Yeah, Julian, and Chris Thile too, can be a bit hard to watch, but I've watched a few interviews with them, and these guys are genuine. They are like this. They probably are bit "disconnected" from the real world, but it's ok. I mean look at some of the classical musicians and conductors too; they are quite into it :)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2020, 11:43:18 AM »
Yeah, Julian, and Chris Thile too, can be a bit hard to watch, but I've watched a few interviews with them, and these guys are genuine. They are like this. They probably are bit "disconnected" from the real world, but it's ok. I mean look at some of the classical musicians and conductors too; they are quite into it :)

My absolute favourite classical musician to watch perform is John Williams (guitar player, not the film music composer lol). Not only his playing is perfect, but he never does "I'm a genius, I'm out of this world" expression on his face. Let's face it (lol), facial expressions may be one of the most beloved pet peeves among the musicians. Because sometimes it's genuine, like in Mark Knopfler case. Sometimes it's natural just like you've said. Clearly Julian is really out of this world, so he can afford those expressions. But most often it's just pretending, and that, my friends, I can't stand.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 46 queries.