Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2-hour interview with Pick  (Read 5200 times)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: 2-hour interview with Pick
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2021, 03:04:04 PM »
This interview has quite a sad story in. It’s part of a playlist.

Nasty that MK could behave like that I think.

David seems to be a little bit on the over-sensitive side of things in my opinion. Mark is not an angel, but his "enemies" so to speak, not really enemies, just the guys who had known "battles" with him, often shows this strange, naive, and childish attitude. So much so, they are arrogant enough to cut all ties with Mark but come out dry from water.

And the irony of David not wanting to be known as "the drummer of Dire Straits" and that he's marketing himself now as "the founder member of Dire Straits" is astonishing. I don't want to hate or anything like that, but I sometimes feel extremely sorry for guys who could not see a little bit further into the future.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 11:45:21 AM »

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2021, 01:52:12 PM »
I agree with David Knopfler. It's hard to be a leader and sometimes people seem to demand far too much from Mark. The guy wrote all the songs, sang all the songs, had to remember all the lyrics, gave interviews, AND played solos and fills while doing all that. And people be like: "I thought he would be nicer with me".

hunter

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2021, 02:06:14 PM »
Oh, man, that interviewer is trying to get "clicks" by stirring a very old pot. This is just silly. And that magazine incident that Pick mentioned, we don't know anything about the circumstances or context. Not saying that Mark wasn't an a-hole at times, but Pick should have been graceful enough to leave that in the past.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2021, 06:42:01 PM »
I agree with David Knopfler. It's hard to be a leader and sometimes people seem to demand far too much from Mark. The guy wrote all the songs, sang all the songs, had to remember all the lyrics, gave interviews, AND played solos and fills while doing all that. And people be like: "I thought he would be nicer with me".

Yes, you are right, Pavel. Mark had the hardest job within the band. With lots of responsibilities for all kinds of issues. Not easy to do justice to everyone.
As a leader you can't always be an angel and things can get a bit rough now and then. But after all, most of them who have worked with him talk good about him.
And more important than this, all of them have benefited from HIS hard work und deep down inside they all know it.
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2021, 10:14:14 AM »
crap YT interviewer imho. milking it to the fullest.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

hunter

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2021, 11:36:01 AM »

Awful. Seriously.

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 08:46:12 PM »

Awful. Seriously.

Unfortunately, I think that technology enables people to do things they’re not necessarily skilled in. With YouTube, anyone who has got a camera can become a teacher (of anything from guitar to origami) , regardless of whether they have got the skill of teaching or not. Now with zoom, anyone can be an interviewer if they can set up a meeting. It hardly makes them an experienced chat show host.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2021, 10:46:38 PM »

Awful. Seriously.

Unfortunately, I think that technology enables people to do things they’re not necessarily skilled in. With YouTube, anyone who has got a camera can become a teacher (of anything from guitar to origami) , regardless of whether they have got the skill of teaching or not. Now with zoom, anyone can be an interviewer if they can set up a meeting. It hardly makes them an experienced chat show host.

I agree. An interview is an art form and something much bigger than "just asking questions". In my lifetime I've read and watched probably a million interviews with actors, musicians, politicians, scientists, businessmen and sportsmen, criminals, poets, journalists, movie directors, everybody. And I love when it's being done properly, like this guy who interviewed Richard Bennett and Glenn Worf. He asked pretty simple questions, but he was well-prepared and allowed guests to open as much as possible, probably the most difficult skill for an interviewer. And of course, asking "burning" questions and milking it to death is a prerogative of a paparazzi stalking somebody to ask something, not a guy who wants genuine talk.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.029 seconds with 41 queries.