Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 15 years ago the gig in LA for Real live roadrunning  (Read 2789 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: 15 years ago the gig in LA for Real live roadrunning
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2021, 03:42:11 PM »
For me ATRR is one of the best records of MK, I loved it from second one, and I still do.

The tour was great, exceptional. Danny was in top form doing excellent stuff on drums, all the band was on fire and MK was very very happy on stage.

The live record is a little weird for mixing songs and their order and the lack of one of the highlights "Michaelangelo", and the dvd is filmed in a weird way, but both are also great souvenirs of probably the best MK tour since 2001.

Maybe Mark was happier because there was less pressure on him.  Easier setlist with no real DS landmarks like Sultans or TR to play, some EH songs to take his off the spotlight, he wasn't the only frontman for once and the tour was short.  Makes sense he was happy but it wasn't a highlight by any stretch for me even though some songs were very well performed.

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.018 seconds with 37 queries.