Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A Danny Cummings interview  (Read 1916 times)

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
A Danny Cummings interview
« on: February 15, 2021, 08:32:21 PM »
Hi,

For those who would be interested, I thought that I might share it here : a long interview with Danny Cummings. Don't expect too much about MK but that's a very interesting interview about percussions, drums etc.

https://www.discussionsinpercussion.com/home/2020/4/20/danny-cummings-percussionist-for-george-michael-dire-straits-mark-knopfler-elton-john-amp-more

I would personally hold that sentence from the interview : "you mold yourself around the artist" (and not the contrary). That's probably why he is so good behind the drums -- still can't believe that it won't probably never happen again in a MK concert.

This long interview reveals Danny's knowledge about the history of percussions, how he learnt to play etc.. It also shows how generous and classy the man is.

Mark's best drummer, by far. I hope that you will enjoy.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: A Danny Cummings interview
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 10:13:34 PM »
I agree, love him so much. I gradually fell in love with his drumming with MK and of course, only once he was gone from the band I realized that a huge part of it we actually lost. Some MK decisions really baffle me, and that's one of them. Thanks for sharing.

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 11:00:41 PM »
I agree, love him so much. I gradually fell in love with his drumming with MK and of course, only once he was gone from the band I realized that a huge part of it we actually lost. Some MK decisions really baffle me, and that's one of them. Thanks for sharing.

Exactly.

hunter

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 11:19:36 AM »
Was there anything about Mark in it though? I only heard that he mentioned "Knopfler's band" at the end, but he lost track of where he was going, and the interview ended.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 01:45:34 PM »
exactyl. still enjoyable, because of how danny is. the interviewers were a bit daft.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 02:34:05 PM »
Was there anything about Mark in it though? I only heard that he mentioned "Knopfler's band" at the end, but he lost track of where he was going, and the interview ended.

As you could hear, not much about MK because it was more about percussions and drums etc. than George Michael or MK etc. I just liked to hear Danny talk about his work for once, and thought that maybe some of you my like the interview too.

I still want to believe that he comes back in the band as the drummer.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 03:45:44 PM by NicoMK »

hunter

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 03:33:58 PM »
Absolutely lovely to hear Danny speak (didn't listen to all of it). Articulate, intelligent and funny.

Must be amazing, though, to be in a position like Mark (and other artists at that level) who can really pick the best of the best musicians to work with.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.026 seconds with 40 queries.