Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Tour Itinerary from Get Lucky Worldtour 2010 European Leg  (Read 21120 times)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Tour Itinerary from Get Lucky Worldtour 2010 European Leg
« on: May 15, 2021, 05:08:43 PM »
Hi. Here i´ll introduce my Tour-Itinerary from the Get Lucky Worldtour, European Leg 2010
Feat. many information on the different countries, locations, hotels, capacities of venues and so on. A useful tool for some people, who worked behind the tour-scenes. Now a collectors item for "crazy fans", like me.  ;D
We are fools to make war

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
Re: Tour Itinerary from Get Lucky Worldtour 2010 European Leg
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 03:21:01 PM »
Hi. Here i´ll introduce my Tour-Itinerary from the Get Lucky Worldtour, European Leg 2010
Feat. many information on the different countries, locations, hotels, capacities of venues and so on. A useful tool for some people, who worked behind the tour-scenes. Now a collectors item for "crazy fans", like me.  ;D

Welcome to the group  ;)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 03:43:42 AM »
Welcome to the forum - nice item of memorabilia from an excellent tour there....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 11:18:44 PM »
The good old times when Danny Cummings was Mark's drummer...

Nice item! May I ask how you got it?

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 08:48:07 AM »
They come on sale at eBay etc as some points, although it's very rare to see them at all...

I have some earlier and later ones too, I was extra happy to find the STP Tour Itineraries and the Shangri la European leg. DS technical information from OES tour is cool as well.

https://swedishknopfler.webnode.com/special-items/

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 10:57:14 AM »

And more importantly Mark didn't have a brass band either - good times indeed!!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Love Expresso

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2021, 12:22:11 PM »

And more importantly Mark didn't have a brass band either - good times indeed!!!

I agree that the brass department is not the best idea. I saw it as a replacement for Mark's limited playing. The less he is able to do the show alone, the more musicians to compensate. They both were probably good players but I think most of the songs did not really need that! Why Aye Man never sounded better than 2005/2008?

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2021, 02:19:50 PM »

I agree that the brass department is not the best idea. I saw it as a replacement for Mark's limited playing. The less he is able to do the show alone, the more musicians to compensate. They both were probably good players but I think most of the songs did not really need that! Why Aye Man never sounded better than 2005/2008?

LE

I just found it 'flooded' MKs playing and like you say it acted as a replacement for MKs more limited guitar playing....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 09:59:02 AM »
They are good musicians, but I just don't think it worked, unlike when Chris White was doing the job, he complimented the songs a lot better.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 04:23:47 PM »
They are good musicians, but I just don't think it worked, unlike when Chris White was doing the job, he complimented the songs a lot better.

Oh yes, I wholeheartedly  agree they are fabulous musicians, but just not needed with MK's music. Incidentally I've just listened to 'Piper' coming into work on the 'I think I should retire' best of 2019 tour files and I forgot how dreadful it was when the trumpets were drowning out MK's beautiful guitar..... :disbelief :disbelief

Back to the thread and the 'GL' world tour was just awesome in comparison.....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 06:24:02 PM »

Oh yes, I wholeheartedly  agree they are fabulous musicians, but just not needed with MK's music. Incidentally I've just listened to 'Piper' coming into work on the 'I think I should retire' best of 2019 tour files and I forgot how dreadful it was when the trumpets were drowning out MK's beautiful guitar..... :disbelief :disbelief

Yes, my heart sank when Mark just accompanied the brass section instead of taking a solo during Piper.  So sad.  :'(
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 06:50:54 PM »

Yes, my heart sank when Mark just accompanied the brass section instead of taking a solo during Piper.  So sad.  :'(

Yes, me too, but at least we have the beautiful versions from the 2010 concerts.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2021, 07:00:04 PM »
Indeed. And they are especially beautiful because the drumming from Danny was exceptional good on this one (butchered live by Inato from 2013 on). I really love the 2010 live versions of Piper. There are also these two  little violin notes from John right before the playing out which is absolutely wonderful. Good times...

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 07:36:26 PM »
Indeed. And they are especially beautiful because the drumming from Danny was exceptional good on this one (butchered live by Inato from 2013 on). I really love the 2010 live versions of Piper. There are also these two  little violin notes from John right before the playing out which is absolutely wonderful. Good times...

LE

....and Matt Rollings very sensitive piano too.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 11:07:31 PM »

LE

A while since I've listened to the 2010 versions, having preferred the 2013 ones, but noticed the 2010s are considerably faster than later versions and now I'm beginning to change my mind on this one.  :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 41 queries.