Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Phil Collins  (Read 16607 times)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Phil Collins
« on: August 18, 2021, 10:28:45 AM »
Anobody seen this clip of Phil Collins taken a few days ago.
Hard to imagine that he is going on tour with Genesis in a few months… :think

https://www.ad.nl/show/zorgen-om-onherkenbare-phil-collins-na-opgedoken-video-pijnlijk-om-hem-zo-te-zien~aadbdbb6/

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Phil Collins
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 02:02:46 PM »

https://www.ad.nl/show/zorgen-om-onherkenbare-phil-collins-na-opgedoken-video-pijnlijk-om-hem-zo-te-zien~aadbdbb6/

During his last solo tour, I think 2019 or early 2020 he entered the stage in a wheel chair or on a walking stick the best days, and get seated on a stool, and sung the whole concert seated. I guess he would do the same with Genesis
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 06:33:12 PM »
Who's the guy standing next to him with the beard?  I'm sure I recognise him from somewhere...

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 06:38:31 PM »
Who's the guy standing next to him with the beard?  I'm sure I recognise him from somewhere...

:o
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 06:39:36 PM »

During his last solo tour, I think 2019 or early 2020 he entered the stage in a wheel chair or on a walking stick the best days, and get seated on a stool, and sung the whole concert seated. I guess he would do the same with Genesis

Quite sad really....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Love Expresso

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 06:44:01 PM »
People loved it. He sold out many additional shows. Being old is nothing to be ashamed of although it's hard to stand especially in a rock concert environment. And MK will be the same in 2022/2023.

LE

OfflineKris-b

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 08:18:40 PM »
 I went to one of his concert in 2019 in our local arena. He came in on a walking stick, 40000 people standing and applauding. He stayed seated the whole concert, but his voice was strong es ever. He clearly enjoyed the whole concert as did his fans.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 08:46:59 PM »
I went to one of his concert in 2019 in our local arena. He came in on a walking stick, 40000 people standing and applauding. He stayed seated the whole concert, but his voice was strong es ever. He clearly enjoyed the whole concert as did his fans.

This is indeed great IF the performance is good, hovewer when an old artist go on stage and barely able to perform, this looks like a boxer who stays on the ring for too long. The appearance is only second to performance!

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 09:46:47 PM »
Mr. Burns disguised? You find the one under every stone these days 😁
three cracked vertebrae mighty man

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2021, 08:36:43 AM »

This is indeed great IF the performance is good, hovewer when an old artist go on stage and barely able to perform, this looks like a boxer who stays on the ring for too long. The appearance is only second to performance!

Similar almost to MK in 2010 limping on to the stage and then taking his seat......I wonder if he will do this ever again??

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:44 AM »
People loved it. He sold out many additional shows. Being old is nothing to be ashamed of although it's hard to stand especially in a rock concert environment. And MK will be the same in 2022/2023.

LE

The 2010 'chair' may indeed be dusted off.....I just wonder??

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2021, 08:39:21 AM »

All I say is good for him!

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2021, 08:45:50 AM »

Of course, if he still can sing and being for two hours or more seated singing, good for him! and for the enjoy of his fans.

I decided not to buy tickets for this Genesis reunion because part of the fun of attending their concerts was Phil playing drums, and he can't do it no more. His son is very good, even better than him, but it's Phil Collins playing drums what I want to see. And I saw it in 2007 in the last Genesis reunion, so, that's check on my list!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2021, 08:49:07 AM »

Of course, if he still can sing and being for two hours or more seated singing, good for him! and for the enjoy of his fans.

I decided not to buy tickets for this Genesis reunion because part of the fun of attending their concerts was Phil playing drums, and he can't do it no more. His son is very good, even better than him, but it's Phil Collins playing drums what I want to see. And I saw it in 2007 in the last Genesis reunion, so, that's check on my list!

I totally get that reason for you. I guess you have your happy memories of Phil in better times....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2021, 10:10:22 AM »

I totally get that reason for you. I guess you have your happy memories of Phil in better times....

Yes, Phil's dance with the tambourine in "I know what I like" is something to be miss now that "he can't dance"

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 38 queries.