Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Phil Collins  (Read 16789 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Phil Collins
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2021, 12:29:31 PM »
Is this one, by PBS?

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2021, 12:38:21 PM »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2021, 12:49:05 PM »
Looking at the Genesis Last Domino tour, I was thinking that could be perfectly well the kind of tour MK would end doing in the future... Genesis are playing consecutive nights in big venues like the arenas in Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, The Hydro in Glasgow and the O2 in London, plus some posponed dates in Belfast and Dublin arenas... 19 dates in the UK in 9 cities, in venues with a size that it would make it economically viable, not only that but also some dates at the RAH can be added just for the joy of being back at this wonderful venue, as long as they made money with the previous dates, they can reduce the size of attendents for just a couple of shows...

Also Genesis would do the same number, maybe some more, of dates at North America, that would be something also Mk could do if he wants to play the other side of the pond, if he doesn't want, just the UK tour would give a lot of chances to fans that usually like to travel to see him,making it economically viable, and not too much stressful for him.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2021, 04:14:06 PM »
Looking at the Genesis Last Domino tour, I was thinking that could be perfectly well the kind of tour MK would end doing in the future... Genesis are playing consecutive nights in big venues like the arenas in Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool, The Hydro in Glasgow and the O2 in London, plus some posponed dates in Belfast and Dublin arenas... 19 dates in the UK in 9 cities, in venues with a size that it would make it economically viable, not only that but also some dates at the RAH can be added just for the joy of being back at this wonderful venue, as long as they made money with the previous dates, they can reduce the size of attendents for just a couple of shows...

Also Genesis would do the same number, maybe some more, of dates at North America, that would be something also Mk could do if he wants to play the other side of the pond, if he doesn't want, just the UK tour would give a lot of chances to fans that usually like to travel to see him,making it economically viable, and not too much stressful for him.

If MK was fit enough and he felt able to do another tour, that sounds a reasonable proposition.   Two consecutive nights at each venue sounds good.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2021, 05:09:42 PM »

If MK was fit enough and he felt able to do another tour, that sounds a reasonable proposition.   Two consecutive nights at each venue sounds good.

We can only live in hope of another chance to hear the sound of the master Live - but I just have my doubts....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2021, 05:24:49 PM »

We can only live in hope of another chance to hear the sound of the master Live - but I just have my doubts....

I would only want him to tour again if he was really up to doing it, otherwise I would rather remember him as he used to be, not like PC!
Goin' into Tow Law....

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2021, 05:50:52 PM »

I would only want him to tour again if he was really up to doing it, otherwise I would rather remember him as he used to be, not like PC!

Nail on the head Val.

MK always joked that he would play till he fell over, but would we really want to see him in that kind of state? Tough choice.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2021, 08:24:29 PM »

Nail on the head Val.

MK always joked that he would play till he fell over, but would we really want to see him in that kind of state? Tough choice.

I don't believe that. It's just a joke.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2021, 01:56:26 PM »
I just watched the documentary. The rehearsals shows the band in top form, Nic Collins not only nails any single drum part but also add some extras that makes the song even better, like in the spot they are playing "The Cinema Show", but Phil Collins is very very clearly struggling with his parts...

Maybe he had the voice in good shape when recording that, maybe it's just the way he can sing nowadays. He tries his best for sure, but sometimes he doesn't deliver as the song demands. I appreciate that with all his health problems he's trying a last domino with his mates.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2021, 03:18:04 PM »
I think it will be Phils last tour. I do not see him going on tour again after this Genesis tour. He also says that after this he's not sure he want to go out on the road again. I do hope they will come to Europe next year....

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2021, 11:22:22 AM »
phil says this tour will be the last one. No more dates in Europe. Only the UK dates and US dates.
After the US leg they will stop…..
https://www.nme.com/news/music/phil-collins-says-genesis-2021-reunion-tour-will-be-their-last-3049733

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2021, 11:44:36 AM »
phil says this tour will be the last one. No more dates in Europe. Only the UK dates and US dates.
After the US leg they will stop…..
https://www.nme.com/news/music/phil-collins-says-genesis-2021-reunion-tour-will-be-their-last-3049733

If he manages that! He did look very frail and struggled with his singing...

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2021, 01:42:13 PM »
I have watched this now, and no matter what Mark's current health condition is, surely it can't be worse than Phil, he is in a bad way, he can't play drums, can be the active front man, and his voice to my ears is just not up to it anymore, in fact it's almost embarrassing, and I don't mean that in a disparaging way, I really do think he should not tour again after this, even solo. It's almost like watching Syd Barrett going downhill!!! I like Phil as a man, he is a great drummer and front man, and has written some great songs, but It's hard to watch this and think this could be what is remembered as his last live days as a performer.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2021, 01:48:41 PM »
I have watched this now, and no matter what Mark's current health condition is, surely it can't be worse than Phil, he is in a bad way, he can't play drums, can be the active front man, and his voice to my ears is just not up to it anymore, in fact it's almost embarrassing, and I don't mean that in a disparaging way, I really do think he should not tour again after this, even solo. It's almost like watching Syd Barrett going downhill!!! I like Phil as a man, he is a great drummer and front man, and has written some great songs, but It's hard to watch this and think this could be what is remembered as his last live days as a performer.

I found it very sad. I'm not a huge Genesis/PC fan but to see someone struggling to do something they were at one time very good at is heart wrenching. I only hope that the tour or whatever they are doing is short!!

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2021, 05:39:59 PM »
37 concert in the UK and US. Tonight they start the UK leg and after a short break they go to the states. They wrap it up mid december......

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 38 queries.