Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Studio albums with extended solos  (Read 1414 times)

OfflineNeilMitchell

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Studio albums with extended solos
« on: September 02, 2021, 11:28:12 AM »
If MK stops touring (hope not) but still continues to record new albums. Wouldnt it be amazing if he added extended solos into previous studio releases. Can you imagine Brothers in Arms or Darling Pretty with a 5 minute extended studio solo or One World in calypso? What a treat that would be. Imagine the twiddly bits, MK could come up with in his studio over a cup of his favourite tea

What song would you like to see in this fantasy album?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 12:07:08 PM by NeilMitchell »

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Re: Studio albums with extended solos
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 12:29:08 PM »
If calypso i am very please So Far Away :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

hunter

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 12:57:14 PM »
Not very realistic, but - hey - it's ok to dream :)

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 01:12:49 PM »
It would never happen. Perhaps 35 years ago.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 01:32:50 PM »
Not very realistic, but - hey - it's ok to dream :)

It would never happen. Perhaps 35 years ago.

No, it WILL happen. The album will be called "Looking Forward Only" :lol

But joking aside, that's certainly some wishful thinking right there. There's no way our slow Mark would do something like this. After all, this is the guy who decided to leave all these brilliant tracks without solos in the first place! I always hated that. However, with that said, live versions of such songs are always better than studio versions so I can't complain too much. So I guess, he knew what he was doing.

I think if he really wants to do more solos as a "replacement" for touring, he will do that on the new songs, not revisiting the old ones.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 01:50:05 PM »
I don't wish Mark would do this or that, every artist is different, Mark has done the long solo thing, and it was and still is amazing, if you like that thing, there are plenty of other artists doing it, and if you listen to them, you could wish that they could write a song as good as Mark Knopfler!! The point is, just let Mark be Mark, with so many other big names dying all the time, just hang on to what he brings for as long as he is around.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 05:41:27 PM »
I'd rather personally listen to the various MK live versions with their lovely solos now to be honest. Although I'm excited about any future MK releases I suspect there will be too many Trumpets & Cornets present for my personal liking....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 10:13:43 PM »
If MK stops touring (hope not) but still continues to record new albums. Wouldnt it be amazing if he added extended solos into previous studio releases. Can you imagine Brothers in Arms or Darling Pretty with a 5 minute extended studio solo or One World in calypso? What a treat that would be. Imagine the twiddly bits, MK could come up with in his studio over a cup of his favourite tea

What song would you like to see in this fantasy album?

He will never do that and it's fine with me. Mark focuses more on looking ahead, not backwards.
I am very happy with what we have. I do enjoy all these great live (audience) recordings with lots of fantastic solos, mostly much better versions than the studio versions.
Nobody knows if he will ever go on tour again. It depents on his conditions. I guess he doesn't know himself.  We will see.
Since I've seen him many times before, that will be fine with me too. Personally, the worst case scenario would be if he stopped recording new music.
So my wish is for him to stay healthy, to go to his great studio, to do what he does best - record new music.
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.03 seconds with 38 queries.