Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Eric Clapton's Lockdown Sessions  (Read 10025 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Eric Clapton's Lockdown Sessions
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2021, 11:23:53 AM »
I agree, a lot of Blues is samey, that is why I like "Marks Blues"

Oh yes, MK playing the blues - amazeballs!!! Don't forget your hat!!!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2021, 11:30:15 AM »
"Today is OK"!   love that train wreck sound!    ;D    Also "I Think I Love You Too Much".

Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2021, 11:31:39 AM »
Also, You and Your Friend, Planet of New Orleans, Rudiger. :clap
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2021, 11:52:02 AM »
"Today is OK"!   love that train wreck sound!    ;D    Also "I Think I Love You Too Much".

Today is OK is an absolute stormer! Also like 'Hot or What' & 'Bluebird' as bluesy numbers too

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2021, 11:54:45 AM »
Also, You and Your Friend, Planet of New Orleans, Rudiger. :clap

All classics.....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2021, 01:29:41 PM »
There's only so much you can so within that format.

The Chicago guys electrified the country blues.

Then the British guys took it a step further with louder distorted guitars.

That was 50 years ago, and since then we've had a few exciting players like Stevie or Joe B but they haven't really done anything revolutionary.

MK hasn't really done anything revolutionary either (maybe the Sultans strat sound) but he's operated in different genres so more room for variety.

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2021, 01:24:11 AM »
hey guys, he comes mister puritan bluesman chris out of the woodwork again, ha ha

being massive blues fan,i have too disagree with comments about the blues all being all the same ,to start with folk blues, country blues, delta blues, gospel blues etec etc (theres always one and its me )

then into modern Chicago (which i do love ) and last mk tour 2019 ( i loved the horn section i loved) , the English blues was ok in 60-70s, but rocked the blues up too much for me, the stones , a "Pale imitation" of the propper boys  (looking back on it ha ha ) ,

i like Clapton and peter green on slower tunes they played
i like clapton , do like joe bonamassa and its taken me along time to get into him over 5 concerts , do love love slower old blues he plays but cant stand this rock blues stuff ( but just me lol ha ha )

as for MK

privateering is one of my favourite knopfler albums , but think blues songs are poor, i preferer for the folk songs on it, being another Scottish traditional  folk guy too lol ha ha

think "song for sonny liston" has been one of knopflers best blues songs

playtime deluxe is very good and shame he didnt record it

hope everyone is ok with my point of view, just trying to add another side
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2021, 01:55:17 AM »
hey guys, he comes mister puritan bluesman chris out of the woodwork again, ha ha

being massive blues fan,i have too disagree with comments about the blues all being all the same ,to start with folk blues, country blues, delta blues, gospel blues etec etc (theres always one and its me )

then into modern Chicago (which i do love ) and last mk tour 2019 ( i loved the horn section i loved) , the English blues was ok in 60-70s, but rocked the blues up too much for me, the stones , a "Pale imitation" of the propper boys  (looking back on it ha ha ) ,

i like clapton , do like joe bonamassa and its taken me along time to get into him over 5 concerts , do love love slower old blues he plays but cant stand this rock blues stuff ( but just me lol ha ha )

as for MK

privateering is one of my favourite knopfler albums , but think blues songs are poor, i preferer for the folk songs on it, being another Scottish traditional  folk guy too lol ha ha

Couldn't say it better myself. It's funny that I also love Playtime Deluxe and he decided not to record it and yes, he recorded a bunch of blues songs which, in all honesty, simply not the best of his songs. I wish he would make his blues dreams true in a separate project/album, but you can't change the history, unfortunately.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2021, 08:00:36 AM »

as for MK

Ah Mr Crimmer, amazing to hear from you at long last and I trust you are well?
Onto the discussion in hand - and I love your views on this 'Blues' topic. I hear where you are coming from and as I follow JB I guess you have a point although the Blues Genre is a 'samesy' kind of thing....
I do enjoy JB's Blues Rock and love his ability to play literally anything at the drop of a hat!

As for MK well his Blue's tracks are good and as for Playtime Deluxe - wow!!! shame it never got recorded but I guess you never know??!!

I like you prefer his Scottish influenced folk songs now....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2021, 09:19:35 AM »
This is why I said "Mark's Blues" It's his version of the blues, it might not be traditional, but it is his version I like.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2021, 10:18:37 AM »

as for MK

Good post and good to have you back. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2021, 11:12:38 AM »
This is why I said "Mark's Blues" It's his version of the blues, it might not be traditional, but it is his version I like.

And MK's versions of the blues are very good indeed..... I absolutley love 'Today is Okay'

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2021, 04:33:51 PM »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2021, 04:38:52 PM »
No thankyou..... :disbelief

Live from a 'rest home' or similar??

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2021, 05:22:56 PM »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 36 queries.