Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A Norwegian tribute to Dire Straits  (Read 12128 times)

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Re: A Norwegian tribute to Dire Straits
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2022, 09:14:53 AM »
I use a translator the read the articles on JF website, it is not perfect, but it is more than good enough.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2022, 10:35:46 AM »
I use a translator the read the articles on JF website, it is not perfect, but it is more than good enough.

I can't stand translators, they rarely provide an accurate translation of what I want to read, so anything not in Spanish, Valenciano or English I avoid it, unless it contains an information important, that I don't have any other way to read in other language, but that's very rare.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2022, 10:49:09 AM »

I can't stand translators, they rarely provide an accurate translation of what I want to read, so anything not in Spanish, Valenciano or English I avoid it, unless it contains an information important, that I don't have any other way to read in other language, but that's very rare.

I recently discovered an alternative for Google Translate, it's called DeepL: https://www.deepl.com/en/translator

And sometimes it produces results that truly shock me. Yes, it's not always perfect, but sometimes it translates to different languages as if it was translated by a human being. Way better than Google's.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2022, 10:51:24 AM »

I recently discovered an alternative for Google Translate, it's called DeepL: https://www.deepl.com/en/translator

And sometimes it produces results that truly shock me. Yes, it's not always perfect, but sometimes it translates to different languages as if it was translated by a human being. Way better than Google's.

Yes, Deepl is very good, but it doesn't translate complete webs as far as a I know, you have to copy and paste the text, and there is a limit, so I use it only when I need to understand something in English that looks too complicate, or with phrasel verbs, idioms etc that I'm not used to read, in order to get a better understanding of the text.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2022, 12:13:59 PM »
deeple is indeed way better then Google translate imho
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2022, 08:02:52 PM »
As a teacher, Deepl is the only translator I tolerate for my students. I can't keep them from using translators so I try to direct them to something worthy at least.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2022, 10:26:14 PM »
As a teacher, Deepl is the only translator I tolerate for my students. I can't keep them from using translators so I try to direct them to something worthy at least.
worthy cause!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

hunter

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2022, 10:52:36 PM »
We did another tribute gig a couple of weeks ago. 200 people came to see us, and it was absolutely fantastic after two years with covid all around. I even got covid 7 days prior to this gig, so I was still a little short breathed. Still - an experience of life time, and a childhood dream come through to do one of these gigs  ;D

Here is a pro-shot version of Down To The Waterline from that gig:
https://fb.watch/bSIkboe77Y/

That was truly great! Really well done, the whole band. And I like your voice a lot too. Just the right "hoarseness" to take it into Mark territory (do you smoke? :) ), but it still sounds very personal and real.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 38 queries.