Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK.com pre sale or ticketmaster ?  (Read 11209 times)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
MK.com pre sale or ticketmaster ?
« on: September 13, 2009, 12:03:12 AM »
I read over at MK.com regarding posts on pre sale tickets that you couldn't actually choose your best seats? Is that true ? Does anybody here know for sure?  Are we guranteed the best front row seats from MK.com or should I check ticketmaster? Then again I doubt if Ticketmaster will have any tickets to purchase for next year concerts this early.  Anybody knows or have purchased pre sale tickets already, please shed some lights on this issue.  Come Monday I'll pre order 6 tickets for 3 shows.

Thanks,

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: MK.com pre sale or ticketmaster ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 09:18:07 AM »
Yes, this is true. One of the downsides of this system I guess. At least with Ticketmaster it was "first come, first served" and you knew that if you were in there first you had a chance of front row. With this system somebody in Canada just decides what seats you get.

The upside is that you are guaranteed the first 10 rows or so, so it will be a "good" seat regardless. I think on Ticketmaster you will be able to choose your seat, but it will be AFTER the blocks which were reserved for the mk.com pre-sale.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 09:28:22 AM »
But I want a guarantee first row !! :(  Then I think the pre sale system sucks !  I wonder if Ticketmaster will have tickets on sale now? I 'll go and check. 

Love Expresso

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 10:44:17 AM »
This forum alone has about 400 members, so that would be loooong first rows if we all would get a first-row-guarantee! Just my thought....

LE

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »
Here in the UK, Ticketmaster had tickets for priority sale about a week after the mk.com presale. Not front row, but I was able to book 7th row tickets for Cardiff from them, which will be the closest I have ever got to the front at an MK concert, so I'm pretty chuffed.

I also noticed that front block tickets for Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow appeared on ebay the same day as the Ticketmaster sales started :'(.

Yes, this is true. One of the downsides of this system I guess. At least with Ticketmaster it was "first come, first served" and you knew that if you were in there first you had a chance of front row. With this system somebody in Canada just decides what seats you get.

So I guess all those who have moaned about the mk.com site over the past few months can expect to be allocated really crappy seats then  ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 11:53:30 AM by FenderBender »
This baker's boy from the West Country

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »
For me Mk.com has got me great tickets for the first RAH. First row tickets.

After I had ordered the tickets I did mailed them to tell it is my first RAH concert and never been there before.

Don't know if this mail helped but I was very surprised to see that I had front row tickets.
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 12:52:34 PM »
Sometimes I'd rather be further back but more centrally located than in the front row but stuck away at the end.  It all depends on the size and design of the venue though.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »
I rather have the pre-sale tickets throught ticketmaster even the high taxes they applied, why? quite simple...

Buying my Dublin tickets for the MK & Emmy show there, the system gave me nice tickets in row 6 more or less and after checkout it gives you the chance to change the tickets looking at the seat map, the I realised it were three perfect seats in row 1, so I changed the tickets for that seats, and I got the chance to see MK just in front of me!!!!

I was quite close to Martina as far as I recall  ;D

The MK.com system "first come, first served" really sucks, due two points

1- They really choose the tickets for you. It doesn
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 02:00:57 PM »
Buying my Dublin tickets for the MK & Emmy show there, the system gave me nice tickets in row 6 more or less and after checkout it gives you the chance to change the tickets looking at the seat map, the I realised it were three perfect seats in row 1, so I changed the tickets for that seats, and I got the chance to see MK just in front of me!!!!

/quote]

jbaent,
you must have been sitting next to me & mrs waterline in Dublin coz I was in the middle of the front row & mk sat playing Donnegans gone & Sonny Liston a few feet away from me :o :o :o Been there done that for the front row & IMO I think 4-5 rows back is better as I had a pain in my head & neck when we came out coz youre looking up the whole time & the sound is more over youre head if you know what I mean.A good experience but I'd rather be a bit further back.
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 02:04:40 PM »
This forum alone has about 400 members, so that would be loooong first rows if we all would get a first-row-guarantee! Just my thought....

LE
but we don't all go to the same shows now do we? RAH is a bit more difficult, but otherwise...
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »
I rather have the pre-sale tickets throught ticketmaster even the high taxes they applied, why? quite simple...

The MK.com system "first come, first served" really sucks, due two points

1- They really choose the tickets for you. It doesn

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 08:49:49 AM »
I am in a predicament here.  ??? jbaent had a good point.  But do you know when the presale from ticketmaster in the US will happen ? Same time as MK.com or later? I rather pay a bit more for the freedom to choose where I want to sit.  I'll be purchasing 6-8 tickets for 3 shows tomorrow and Tuesday.  Will MK.com charged my credit card right away or after tickets are delivered?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 10:11:49 AM »
mk.com charged my card right away for my Glasgow tickets.

I know what you are saying about choosing your own seats, but if you do go with Ticketmaster the seats will be much further back.  :-\

Offlineniiiice1

• Guitar George
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »
i'm off to the newcastle show and I'll get to know my seat in about 6 weeks time (apparently). That's good to know - not...
plus, is anyone else cheesed off about the added extras on top of the

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 09:34:58 PM »
Ticketmaster 'chooses' a seat for you, and you can accept it, or try again.    IMO it's a really headache their way.    Some of the smaller venues, especially membership type ones, sell tickets to their members separately from mk.com or ticketmaster or whomever.    Personal contact, real people.   And you know that they keep back some of the best seats for their own members.   I might take my chances with Eugene, who'll sell mk tickets on 19 September.   But maybe not.   Santa Rosa was really expensive, I think.
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 40 queries.