Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Last DS concert in silver pressed cd  (Read 3804 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
The Last DS concert in silver pressed cd
« on: September 29, 2021, 07:13:18 PM »
Can't remember if I posted here the existence, in silver press cd, of the very last DS concert.

The sound is good considering it's an audience from Spain, which are a nightmare...

https://www.ebay.es/itm/313647310177?hash=item4906d62561:g:iF0AAOSwM-VgZKKI

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: The Last DS concert in silver pressed cd
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 07:42:32 PM »
Ooooh very nice indeed....
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 07:49:48 AM »
i always thought/seem to remember that that show was hard to listen to as it was such a bad recording?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 08:52:05 AM »
i always thought/seem to remember that that show was hard to listen to as it was such a bad recording?

In comparation with most of the North American shows or some European ones with good recording technology available (like Germany), it's bad, but if you compare it with the rest of the Spanish audience recordings, that most of them you can hear the audience screaming the songs and very low, DS playing at the very back, the Zaragoza 92 is like an excellent audience recording.

Only the Barcelona recordings have a decent sound from that tour. In Spain, in 1992, the technology to record shows in the fans's hands was a walkman with mic, and usually the mic was part of the walkman. I remember when listening to Zaragoza recording in 1992 thinking that it was a miracle that you can actually hear the band playing. Just play any of the Madrid recordings, for instance.

Being the very last DS concert, and in Spain, I stick to a 7/10 sound quality, being any of the Madrid ones 2/10.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2021, 01:05:02 PM »

In comparation with most of the North American shows or some European ones with good recording technology available (like Germany), it's bad, but if you compare it with the rest of the Spanish audience recordings, that most of them you can hear the audience screaming the songs and very low, DS playing at the very back, the Zaragoza 92 is like an excellent audience recording.

Only the Barcelona recordings have a decent sound from that tour. In Spain, in 1992, the technology to record shows in the fans's hands was a walkman with mic, and usually the mic was part of the walkman. I remember when listening to Zaragoza recording in 1992 thinking that it was a miracle that you can actually hear the band playing. Just play any of the Madrid recordings, for instance.

Being the very last DS concert, and in Spain, I stick to a 7/10 sound quality, being any of the Madrid ones 2/10.

The Walkman wm-d6c was the staple of the bootlegger for many years and provides excellent sound to this day.  They are still in high demand and amazingly fetch over £450 these days!  I've owned one myself for many years and the SQ is equivalent to that of my hi-fi separate once plugged into the amplifier.  I would agree that the microphone and also seating position are more important in determining the audio quality.

https://walkmancentral.com/products/wm-d6c
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 37 queries.