Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Straits Italian FAKE Radio-Station Promo-covers  (Read 1750 times)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Dire Straits Italian FAKE Radio-Station Promo-covers
« on: February 02, 2022, 07:26:17 PM »
Wow, now i have discovered some very obscure Dire Straits vinyl-singles from Italy. All serious DS MK Vinyl-collectors know the Italian split-promo-singles for Jukeboxes with two different artists on one single.
They all have a white label with black print, and a plain archive cover. I was very surprised to see the picture-sleeves from Italian Radiostations.
To my knowledge, that covers are well made FAKE-covers. Just have a closer look to the used cover-layout, with the very pale colorized covers. The typesetting looks too perfect for a vintage picture-cover of the eighties. What do you think.
By the way, they are not bargains, just have a closer look to the very ridiculous price-offers of more than 70 Euros for an artificial rip-off-product. The records itself are very common and easily to get for a few euros.
So don´t waste your money in such artificial items again. OK, on the other hand, everybody should have his or her own decision to buy such items or not to buy it. No question, but for me, as a serious record-collector, such records are trash, rip-off-items, not genuine, and not worth the paper, on which are the covers had been made.
We are fools to make war

OfflineFrelon94

• Guitar George
Re: Dire Straits Italian FAKE Radio-Station Promo-covers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 09:21:07 PM »
Hi Klaus
The covers are fake but the records are genuine.
I saw them on ebay and asked to my spanish friend for more info about them and he ensured me the covers are fake.

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
Re: Dire Straits Italian FAKE Radio-Station Promo-covers
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 11:04:42 PM »
Yes i know that records, too. I have never seen them in such covers, but in white archive-covers only, and with the coloured Jukebox-strip.  :think
We are fools to make war

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 36 queries.