Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Introducing: The USA-Warner-Brothers-Music-Show Live-Promo-LP  (Read 2428 times)

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Introducing: The USA-Warner-Brothers-Music-Show Live-Promo-LP
« on: February 16, 2022, 11:52:31 AM »
Here we have a Promotional-Live-LP-Album called The Warner-Bros-Music-Show. Content: A Dire Straits Live-concert from 1979, released as a Radio-Station-record through Warner-Brothers. That record was a part of a series called Warner-Bros.-Music-Show. US-Pressing, Catalogue-Number: WBMS-109, 1979, special promo-label feat a Bugs Bunny-Logo, cover is a promotional-company-sleeve, Matrix-numbers are handetched: A-Side: WBMS-1-109 AIX SLM + 115 -B- 14324 / B-Side: WBMS-2-109 - A - I + SLM + 115 - XB - 14325.

Soundquality of the old live-gig is very good. The label feat. some incorrect printed song-titles like "In the west" on A-Side instead of Once upon a time in the west and "Southbound" on B-Side instead of southbound again. I also have seen copies without the Bugs Bunny-label-logo. Possibly missprinted copies.
That record is not sooooo rare, as stated by some traders. With a little patience you´ll find a pristine copy for reasonable prices. Great live-concert of the early days of Dire Straits anyway.
We are fools to make war

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Introducing: The USA-Warner-Brothers-Music-Show Live-Promo-LP
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 12:00:47 PM »
There is another version without Bugs Bunny on it. Seems that one of these versions is good and the other is a bootleg.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 12:06:15 PM »
Hi jbaent, yes could be, or a pressing-plant missprinted version. I have seen another Warner-Bros-LP-Sampler which features various WB-Artists. That record was a regular sampler-record, not a promo, and it has a yellow cover carrying the same Bugs-Bunny-artwork. It can be found on the www.45worlds.com record-collectors site on the various artists column.
I can remember, that there was an old vinyl-bootleg with different cover-artwork and that record carries the wbms cat-nr. as matrixnumber, but i cannot recall the exact title of the bootleg-lp. The content is the same concert, as on the Warner-Bros-Promo-LP.  :think

PS: There is also a BBC-Transcription-Record with Dire Straits and The Motors on it, and a 2-Record-Set with Dire Straits and Phil Collins. These two records are currently on my want-list, but there is also a Bootleg-BBC-Record with Dire Straits and The Pretenders. The genuine BBC-Records have a white-lightgreen-label and the Counterfeit-BBC-record has a white-black-label.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 12:12:50 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

Offlinebrickbat

• Local Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2022, 06:43:58 PM »
Hi guys. The 1979 Warner Bros promo LP has been bootlegged on CD several times. Could somebody among you with DS bootleg knowledge tell me which is the best sounding of these? Thanks.

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 07:41:33 PM »
Hi brickbat, to me that Vinyl-LP offers also a very good sound of that old show.  8)
OK, just have a closer look at the OnEveryBootleg site of fellow DS and MK-fan Jeroen. He listed all known live recordings DS and MK ever made in the whole career, also some shows from 1979 USA-Tour in soundboard quality. 
I´m not sure wich concert is conserved on that WBMS-Promo-record. I guess it could be the well known live-recording from the Tower Theatre Philadelphia-gig on 06. March 1979 or the also very well known Old Waldorf-Gig from San Francisco, wich took place on 31. March 1979.  :think
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 07:56:30 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 36 queries.