Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Local Hero at Chichester FEstival, October and November 2022  (Read 24017 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Local Hero at Chichester FEstival, October and November 2022
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2022, 08:31:39 AM »
If you become "friend of the theater" you can buy right now.

It's what I did and I bought my tickets last Saturday, and most of the best tickets sold pretty fast
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2022, 09:01:47 AM »
Tickets go on-sale in one hour!

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2022, 12:02:03 PM »
Wow, it's been four months already since the musical dates were on sale, time flies!

Some of the dates have very little tickets remaining so if any of you is still thinking about going, take a look to the dates!

It's curious the cast hasn't been anounced yet, specially since the musical starts in four months, being summer in the middle, I thought they should had the cast already and plans to start rehearsals on September, but no news about it yet.

Looks like the cast is going to be new in comparation with the Edinburgh cast, I hope that at least the main roles are the same.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2022, 01:34:34 PM »
Wow, it's been four months already since the musical dates were on sale, time flies!

Some of the dates have very little tickets remaining so if any of you is still thinking about going, take a look to the dates!

It's curious the cast hasn't been anounced yet, specially since the musical starts in four months, being summer in the middle, I thought they should had the cast already and plans to start rehearsals on September, but no news about it yet.

Looks like the cast is going to be new in comparation with the Edinburgh cast, I hope that at least the main roles are the same.

Considering the size of the venue you'd have thought it had been sold out by now.  Can't see it going to the West End now.

Maybe it's just me but I think they should really be announcing the main cast prior to putting tickets on sale so that people know who they're going to see.

The cast did well in Edinburgh I agree and it might even be difficult to accept others in these roles now I think.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKris-b

• Camerado
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2022, 01:45:47 PM »
Thank you for reminding me that I still have to book flights for this😀

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2022, 01:55:22 PM »
Thank you for reminding me that I still have to book flights for this😀

LOL

You are welcome!

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2022, 02:03:40 PM »

Considering the size of the venue you'd have thought it had been sold out by now.  Can't see it going to the West End now.

Maybe it's just me but I think they should really be announcing the main cast prior to putting tickets on sale so that people know who they're going to see.

The cast did well in Edinburgh I agree and it might even be difficult to accept others in these roles now I think.

I think that they expect to sell out or almost when dates are closer, yes, it is true that the venue is small, but also it is in a city that doesn't attract people like Edinburgh or London, I know several people that didnt buy yet because of the city, and decided to wait until the dates are closer, which I think is a mistake if you are traveling from abroad, as the airport for Chichester is also Gatwick, so flights would be expensive the more you wait.

About going to the West End, I read in several sites that this festival is famus for revamping musicals and send them to the West End, that's why I guess they decided to do it there, when dates are closer they could do a press campaign that help that. Or maybe they already have arranged something for London on 2023 and this is just to keep the musical being represented somewhere and in the media, we can't really know.

I agree with the cast, but it also looks like plays for that festival has a cast selected specifically for it, which makes sense if you think this theatre is about 300 seats, having the cast of Edinburgh or London would had been economically impossible.

However, I still hope at least that at least Stella and Mac are the same from Edinburgh, the rest are not so important, althought Gordon was very good too!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2022, 02:29:45 PM »

I think that they expect to sell out or almost when dates are closer, yes, it is true that the venue is small, but also it is in a city that doesn't attract people like Edinburgh or London, I know several people that didnt buy yet because of the city, and decided to wait until the dates are closer, which I think is a mistake if you are traveling from abroad, as the airport for Chichester is also Gatwick, so flights would be expensive the more you wait.

There's an airport in Southampton too.  It may well be cheaper to fly there and certainly less busy.  Worth checking out.

Chichester looks a very nice place.  I'm sure anyone going will have a great time there.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2022, 08:35:28 PM »
At least from Spain, Southampton airport is more expensive and has less connection.

When I traveled to New Forest, I had to fly to Gatwick, and catch a train to Southampton by that reason.

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2022, 02:47:44 PM »

The cast for Woman in Mind, which runs a little earlier from 23 September – 15 October, has now been announced.
So hopefully we will know more "soon".

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2022, 04:03:43 PM »

Me too, I would love a reunion of the Edinburgh cast.
But I remember checking the availability of Adam Pearce for the scheduled Old Vic run in 2020 and he was already booked for The Prince of Egypt at the Dominion Theatre at that time. So we are likely to see some fresh faces and hear some new voices.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 04:10:01 PM by skydiver »

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2022, 04:39:48 PM »

But I remember checking the availability of Adam Pearce for the scheduled Old Vic run in 2020 and he was already booked for The Prince of Egypt at the Dominion Theatre at that time. So we are likely to see some fresh faces and hear some new voices.

I understand that most of the cast, if not all, would be new, as the budget can't be the same, but I have hope that at least some of the main could repeat, but if they are all new, who knows, maybe they do it as good or even better!

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2022, 04:47:25 PM »

I understand that most of the cast, if not all, would be new, as the budget can't be the same, but I have hope that at least some of the main could repeat, but if they are all new, who knows, maybe they do it as good or even better!

I just checked. My beloved "Victor" Adam Pearce is in MANDELA at the Young Vic from 29 November on, so no chance for me...

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2022, 07:59:40 PM »
I wasn't expecting Adam Pierce on Chichester, actually I don't expect any of the "company" actors. I just hope at least Stella and Mac could be the same than in Edinburgh, as they were just perfect!

Onlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2022, 11:37:40 AM »

I just checked. My beloved "Victor" Adam Pearce is in MANDELA at the Young Vic from 29 November on, so no chance for me...

Is there any way to check the other actors? I was trying with google but nothing  :hmm

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 39 queries.