Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Local Hero at Chichester FEstival, October and November 2022  (Read 24035 times)

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
Re: Local Hero at Chichester FEstival, October and November 2022
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2022, 12:13:44 PM »
Looks like the cast is going to be new in comparation with the Edinburgh cast, I hope that at least the main roles are the same.

Me too, I would love a reunion of the Edinburgh cast.
But I remember checking the availability of Adam Pearce for the scheduled Old Vic run in 2020 and he was already booked for The Prince of Egypt at the Dominion Theatre at that time. So we are likely to see some fresh faces and hear some new voices.

I understand that most of the cast, if not all, would be new, as the budget can't be the same, but I have hope that at least some of the main could repeat, but if they are all new, who knows, maybe they do it as good or even better!

I just checked. My beloved "Victor" Adam Pearce is in MANDELA at the Young Vic from 29 November on, so no chance for me...

Is there any way to check the other actors? I was trying with google but nothing  :hmm

Yes, there is. After Adam I also searched for Julian Forsyth (Ben). You can find their names in connection with current stage productions which overlap in time with the Chichester dates (or the required rehearsal time).
As I understand it, Julian will also not be available to play Ben (I would have loved his warm voice on the soundtrack):
https://www.londontheatre1.com/theatre-news/julian-forsyth-and-matthew-spencer-to-join-cast-of-the-woman-in-black/

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2022, 12:38:40 PM »
And Katrina Bryan (Stella) will star in Cinderella from 3 Dec. This is only two weeks after the last performance of LH at Chichester...
https://www.floralpavilion.com/en-GB/shows/cinderella/events/4
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 12:45:30 PM by skydiver »

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2022, 12:59:45 PM »
So Julian and Katrina won't be available... Looks like all the cast is going to be new then.

Thanks!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2022, 02:21:36 PM »
It looks unlikely that we'll see the stellar cast from Edinburgh again.
But they had a good hand in choosing the actors and singers, so I hope they are lucky again this time, too.
Hopefully we will know more soon.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2022, 03:46:48 PM »
I'd quite like to go to Chichester, especially if there was the prospect of an RAH style meet-up with all you guys at one of the fan nights, but I'm going to Amsterdam to see Jason Isbell in November so the prospect of two trips in one month.

Chichester should be easy to get to from Gatwick Airport.

Just as easy perhaps for you to fly with Logan Air into Southampton then train to Chichester?

Was just thinking there might be more flights in and out of Gatwick. I'm more familiar with Gatwick as I have family in Crawley. :)
aaah crawley, have (fond) memories of the place.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2022, 05:36:21 PM »
Ha, really, how did you end up in Crawley?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2022, 09:49:31 PM »
my ex girlfriend from the time i lived in London (South Molton street) had a house in crawley too, was there a few times. to be honest, nothing too memorable, lol.

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2022, 09:59:52 PM »
my ex girlfriend from the time i lived in London (South Molton street) had a house in crawley too, was there a few times. to be honest, nothing too memorable, lol.

You lived in London?

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2022, 08:51:11 AM »

You lived in London?
2001...and yes, i missed the chance to go to the RAH shows. (went to the, very good) brussels one. internet was not really hot back then

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2022, 10:34:18 AM »

You lived in London?
2001...and yes, i missed the chance to go to the RAH shows. (went to the, very good) brussels one. internet was not really hot back then

Between 2005 and 2008 I have a period in which I would had loved to live in London, but I found a work where I lived and the dream just vanished, maybe it is better to be just a visitor than an inhabitant, lol. You lived in a very nice place, by the way!

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2022, 10:42:26 AM »
The thing that annoys me, in a way, about this Chichester run with another completely different cast is about the release of the songs in a CD or and LP...

Being the first run in what looks like very very distant 2019 in Edinburgh, it was so beautiful that deserved the wait until June 2020 for the release coinciding with the London run, but with the pandemic, the cancelation, the doubts about if it would be back or not, the news that it would be, but not in London, but in Chichester ruined the chance of having a CD with the songs right now...

But not only that, but also looks like it depends on the success of this Chichester run to have a future run in London, maybe 2023 or 2024, to have that songs released on a cd. If that happens, it would be damm great to wait all these years for it, but, if it doesn't happen, probably there won't be any release, and I think it totally deserve to be released!

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2022, 11:31:42 AM »
I just read this on Chichester Festival site, that might be the reason why Local Hero is there this autumm:

https://www.cft.org.uk/about-us/our-story

Over the past six decades, myriad productions originated at Chichester have transferred to the West End or toured nationally and internationally, from musicals to significant new plays and classic revivals. In 2022, when CFT celebrates its 60th anniversary, Daniel Evans's Festival 2021 production of South Pacific will open at Manchester Opera House followed by a run at Sadler's Wells, and then a UK and Ireland tour. Jonathan Church's production of Singin' in the Rain will also be on UK tour and in Toronto.

Recent London transfers from Chichester include Tony Kushner & Jeanine Tesori’s Caroline, Or Change at Hampstead and the Playhouse Theatre (with Sharon D. Clarke also recreating her Olivier Award-winning performance as Caroline at New York’s Roundabout Theatre); Singin’ in the Rain at Sadler’s Wells; Ian McKellen in King Lear (also broadcast to cinemas internationally by NT Live) and James Graham’s new play Quiz, both at the Noël Coward Theatre; and Laura Wade’s new play The Watsons, adapted from the unfinished novel by Jane Austen, at the Menier Chocolate Factory (a further West End run was derailed by the pandemic).

Other Chichester productions seen in the West End in recent years include Half A Sixpence (Noël Coward Theatre), Young Chekhov (National Theatre), Running Wild (Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre), Guys and Dolls (Savoy Theatre), Taken at Midnight (Theatre Royal Haymarket), Gypsy (Savoy Theatre), Stevie (Hampstead Theatre), Private Lives (Gielgud Theatre) and Sweeney Todd (Adelphi Theatre).

Looks like a place to get revamped into London's circuit!

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2022, 06:55:50 PM »
Incidentally, Chichester is a fabulous old city with a great cathedral, plenty of pubs  and restaurants, and good shopping. It will be worth a few hours of anyone’s time. Although the theatre is on the edge of the main town, it’s all flat and very walkable.

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2022, 02:53:17 PM »
One of us could apply for a job with a high probability to work with Mark and Guy:

NO. 1 SOUND OPERATOR
Closes: Thursday 18 August, 12noon (the listing may close early if sufficient applications have been received so we suggest registering your interest as soon as possible)

Salary: £850 per week

Start Date: 19 September, fixed term until 20 November

We are looking for a No.1 Sound Operator for our production of Local Hero.

A senior member of the Sound Department working in the Minerva Theatre, you will provide first class support to visiting creative teams, working collaboratively with the full time Head of Sound and Deputy to provide sound operation for the production.

Please send a CV and covering letter to recruitment@cft.org.uk.

Please download the Job Description below for full details of the role.

Please also fill in our Equal Opportunities survey here.

No. 1 Sound Operator Job Description
STATS:PDF | 123.5 KB

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2022, 05:39:30 PM »
If I hadn't a job already, I would not mind to learn a new job, even for less salary! Or not salary at all, just bed and food!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 39 queries.