Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 1996 "Staralbum" Photos  (Read 1927 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
1996 "Staralbum" Photos
« on: June 01, 2022, 05:34:34 PM »
I was just having a clearcut of old receipts and came across a photo I had been looking for, as you do!  I remember the show I attended in Edinburgh in 1996 and they had a leaflet on the seats informing us that we could purchase a photo from the show as a souvenir.  As this was my hobby I sent away for one.  I wonder how popular this was and how many still exist.  Did anyone here take up the opportunity?  I suppose my photo from the show in Edinburgh must be pretty rare these days.  It's still a nice memento after all these years. 
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: 1996 "Staralbum" Photos
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 05:36:58 PM »
The photo I sent away for (a familiar enough pose in retrospect):

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 05:42:42 PM »
Personally selected by the man himself after the show!  I suppose this wasn't done at every concert then.

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 07:22:05 PM »
Interesting. According to the sheet the name of Guido Karp is remakable, because Guido Karp is a German well known band-photographer. He also photographed AC-DC and other stars. So your pic is professional made, by an official photographer.
Some other photographers offer their photos from various locations and from different time-periods on their websites. They are all high-quality copies from the original negatives, which are holded by the photographers themselves.
Guenther Zint for example, who had photographed many stars in Germany, incl. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones in the Sixties. You can choose your favourite pics on the photographers website and you´ll receive them in a cardboard-folder. There is also Wolfgang "Bubi" Heilemann. He shooted Abba, The Sweet and other well known stars for the German teenager-magazine "BRAVO" during the late Sixties and Seventies.
Other well-known photographers are Dezo Hofman, Anton Corbijn, Annie Leibowitz and not to forget, musician Bryan Adams.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 07:34:37 PM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 11:02:14 PM »
Interesting. According to the sheet the name of Guido Karp is remakable, because Guido Karp is a German well known band-photographer. He also photographed AC-DC and other stars. So your pic is professional made, by an official photographer.
Some other photographers offer their photos from various locations and from different time-periods on their websites. They are all high-quality copies from the original negatives, which are holded by the photographers themselves.
Guenther Zint for example, who had photographed many stars in Germany, incl. The Beatles, The Rolling Stones in the Sixties. You can choose your favourite pics on the photographers website and you´ll receive them in a cardboard-folder. There is also Wolfgang "Bubi" Heilemann. He shooted Abba, The Sweet and other well known stars for the German teenager-magazine "BRAVO" during the late Sixties and Seventies.
Other well-known photographers are Dezo Hofman, Anton Corbijn, Annie Leibowitz and not to forget, musician Bryan Adams.

Interesting stuff, thanks for the info.  It certainly came well presented in a cardboard "presentation folder," I suppose you could call it.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 10:07:03 AM »
I remember the flyer in Aberdeen but I never sent away for it.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 12:49:01 PM »
I remember the flyer in Aberdeen but I never sent away for it.

Maybe the early/UK shows then.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 03:18:11 PM »

i met guido through Markywes back in 2013 at the Bremen show (legendary I dug up a diamond first performance of that tour) and helped him distribute his flyers to the fans entering the venue. special character, but nice guy. pretty sure Markywes can tell us more about him
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 03:19:14 PM »

i met guido through Marky49 back in 2013 at the Bremen show (legendary I dug up a diamond first performance of that tour) and helped him distribute his flyers to the fans entering the venue. special character, but nice guy. pretty sure Marky49 can tell us more about him
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 12:24:27 AM »
Hi, I remember the flyer at both the Manchester shows, fri & sat 10/11 may 96. I sent off for the photos and have them “somewhere”…
I assumed they’re all online these days but maybe not.?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 38 queries.