Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: WANTED: Rare promo CDs Mark Knopfler / Dire Straits  (Read 3126 times)

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
WANTED: Rare promo CDs Mark Knopfler / Dire Straits
« on: September 06, 2022, 06:41:55 PM »
Always looking for new items to add to my collection, among rare promo CDs.

If you have any extra copies or simply feel ready to sell some, please send me a message and we might close a deal!

Note: Only officially released promos, no bootlegs!

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: WANTED: Rare promo CDs Mark Knopfler / Dire Straits
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 05:01:15 PM »
Hello, i currently have a BIA Promo-CD-Single Live in 86 version for sale or swap. Conditon of disc is very good with some slight marks, original album-case with some light scratches, booklet is fine. The disc itself has a small oval-shaped sticker on labelprint.
I also offer it on ebay eu. Just have a closer look at it, maybe we can make a deal or a cool swap with other valuable items, i´m looking for.
That means: I have some gaps on the field of Vinyl-Bootleg sets, some Radio-Show-sets on vinyl or acetate or vinyl-whitelabel-testpressings from the pressing-plants.
We are fools to make war

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 06:05:52 PM »
Hello, i currently have a BIA Promo-CD-Single Live in 86 version for sale or swap. Conditon of disc is very good with some slight marks, original album-case with some light scratches, booklet is fine. The disc itself has a small oval-shaped sticker on labelprint.
I also offer it on ebay eu. Just have a closer look at it, maybe we can make a deal or a cool swap with other valuable items, i´m looking for.
That means: I have some gaps on the field of Vinyl-Bootleg sets, some Radio-Show-sets on vinyl or acetate or vinyl-whitelabel-testpressings from the pressing-plants.

The Live in 85/86 limited editions are not listed as promos, but more regular singles.. already in my collection...

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 08:39:23 PM »
Hi, ok.
There is another stunning item on Ebay Germany. A trader has a Promotional CD-V Single Money For Nothing. Two audiotracks and one video-track. It is a  promo CD-V-Single from around 1985. He offered it to me on discogs, but he wants lots of money for it: 1799 Euro for a CD-Video-Disc. That makes my Golden- and Platinum-Award-Discs by Dire Straits to be cheap bargains.  ;D
OK, to take this case more seriously. What do you think about such an offer for that CD-V-Promo Single in 5-inch-format of Money for nothing. ??

Now, the trader reduced the price for the MFN Promo CD-V to 1299 Euro.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 11:04:26 AM by Klaus74 »
We are fools to make war

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 11:38:23 AM »
Hi, ok.
There is another stunning item on Ebay Germany. A trader has a Promotional CD-V Single Money For Nothing. Two audiotracks and one video-track. It is a  promo CD-V-Single from around 1985. He offered it to me on discogs, but he wants lots of money for it: 1799 Euro for a CD-Video-Disc. That makes my Golden- and Platinum-Award-Discs by Dire Straits to be cheap bargains.  ;D
OK, to take this case more seriously. What do you think about such an offer for that CD-V-Promo Single in 5-inch-format of Money for nothing. ??

Now, the trader reduced the price for the MFN Promo CD-V to 1299 Euro.

Very high indeed. Would never spend that amount on one item, regardless of the rarity.
Is it complete with sleeve? I have seen another version out before missing that...

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 04:07:58 PM »
Hi, i send you some answers via ebay.
Yes, there is a plastic-slim case, which is known for such Maxi-CDs with the special Promo-Cover. Looks genuine to me, anyway. That disc is silver-coloured and not golden, like the other 5-inch CD-V-Discs.
I think it is genuine and manufactured in Germany, in Hannover-Langenhagen, the first CD-pressing plant in the world in Germany. All other CD-V-Discs had been made in UK through PRS-Phonogram-Record-Service in UK via PDO, also the variants with the NTSC-System for the US-machines.

Yes, the suggested price is a price between heaven and hell, as we in Germany say. A few years ago i have followed such a disc, and according to my knowledge it was a seller or a collector from France, who buys it for around 700 Euro, as i can recall.  :think
For that money i will buy some cool Gold- or Platinum-Award-Discs by Dire Straits, immediately. ;D
We are fools to make war

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 04:03:50 PM »
I also have a 3-LP BOX-Radioshow twice. Westwood One-Radionetwork - Superstars in concert-edition from 1988. Three records in near mint-condition, with sheets and BOX. Box has a seamsplit on the left side, but is also in good shape. Content: The Nelson Mandela gig from Wembley-Stadium, with Eric Clapton. I have it twice, so i can offer it to all interests in rare and curious vinyl-editions. I´m also interested to swap it for other rare Radioshows on vinyl, Acetate- or Vinyl-Testpressings by Dire Straits, or some much rarer Bootleg-LP-Editions. Please feel free to contact me.
We are fools to make war

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.023 seconds with 36 queries.