Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: No Tour with the new album.  (Read 42747 times)

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
Re: No Tour with the new album.
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2023, 10:07:03 AM »

I can say I have the same exact feeling when a new album is coming now than 25 years ago, a kind of new song buzz I get when it comes to MK and very few other artists if any have that impact on my life.

The thing is we are changing too but the thrill is still here because there will always be a song or songs that will stick to you.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #241 on: July 08, 2023, 04:14:21 PM »
Once i learnt to love MK as a solo artist, that I only got to understand and love after TRPD, each time I know MK is recording, I feel excited and looking forward to listen to it.

I agree that "Get Lucky" is probably his best solo record, which I consider perfect from start to finish but in every record, even Tracker, there are at least a couple of tracks that are gemms to me (Laughs etc, Basil and Silver eagle in that one).

And I happen to be the weirdo that love DTRW almost in their entirety, except for "Nobody's child", "When she leaves", and "Slow learner" although these two there are times I enjoy them.

Can't wait for the new one and discover new gems!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #242 on: July 08, 2023, 04:23:49 PM »
I'm a weirdo too:) but I really like Nobody's Child. For me, it's a classic Knopfler.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2023, 05:07:04 PM »
I'm a weirdo too:) but I really like Nobody's Child. For me, it's a classic Knopfler.

I'm such a weirdo to the point that I'm not differentiating Dire Straits and solo Mark Knopfler at all. To me, it's the same exact music, written by the same man at different decades and points of his life. And yes, the same guy who wrote "Brothers In Arms" and "Sultans Of Swing" later wrote "Heavy Up". To me, there's no difference. Once you realise it's the same man, that we all age differently, and that it was a different MK who wrote all these, apparently, "better" songs, you free yourself from this judging and just enjoy the music. The best opinion I heard about this is that fans either grow up with their idols or simply part ways. Provided, that their idol grows up, of course, and not falling back. And Mark is certainly growing up all the time. One of the few geniuses who work consistently and flawlessly.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2023, 05:11:38 PM »

I'm such a weirdo to the point that I'm not differentiating Dire Straits and solo Mark Knopfler at all. To me, it's the same exact music, written by the same man at different decades and points of his life. And yes, the same guy who wrote "Brothers In Arms" and "Sultans Of Swing" later wrote "Heavy Up". To me, there's no difference. Once you realise it's the same man, that we all age differently, and that it was a different MK who wrote all these, apparently, "better" songs, you free yourself from this judging and just enjoy the music. The best opinion I heard about this is that fans either grow up with their idols or simply part ways. Provided, that their idol grows up, of course, and not falling back. And Mark is certainly growing up all the time. One of the few geniuses who work consistently and flawlessly.

Perfect comment. I agree with every word.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2023, 05:52:49 PM »
We are all weirdo I guess in our own way, I skip multiple tracks in Tracker but none in DTRW

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2023, 06:56:32 PM »
We are all weirdo I guess in our own way, I skip multiple tracks in Tracker but none in DTRW

..... and I skip multiple tracks in DTRW and none in Tracker!     ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineStanko

• Camerado
  • From Split, Croatia
« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2023, 09:52:44 PM »

Perfect comment. I agree with every word.
Exactly
I'm a six foot three albion but you can adjust the seat

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2023, 09:59:38 PM »
Here is another weirdo. I've been listening to Mark's music since 1979 and every time I learn that he's in the studio again to create a new album I get most excited about it and can't wait to have it in my hands. Release day feels like a Holiday to me.  ;)
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2023, 10:02:00 PM »

I agree with every word.  :thumbsup
This is all the heaven we've got right here where we are in our shangri-la.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2023, 11:03:07 PM »
I fear Mark has said cheerio. The music still keeps on coming though.
Is the answer on a tour question from Guy a few days ago. I think it's not 100 procent sure that he wil stop but Guy is saying a lot on this subject..

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #251 on: July 12, 2023, 10:08:20 AM »
I must be a big weirdo, there is not one song from Mark I dislike, and I never skip one one of his songs, I find there is merit in every song, even if it's just the guitar or the lyrics.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2023, 01:35:56 PM »
I must be a big weirdo, there is not one song from Mark I dislike, and I never skip one one of his songs, I find there is merit in every song, even if it's just the guitar or the lyrics.

Every song means something and was inspired by something. And often we don't know by what exactly. For instance, Mark refused to give away an inspiration for the "Trawlerman's Song", because he thought it would ruin the experience. So it was probably inspired by something extremely mundane. But still — inspired by something! So even if it's a song like "Hot Dog", it's still a song, a message, and is still perfectly recorded with this fabulous band. When the writer respects his work so much, you, in turn, respect it as a listener.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2023, 02:57:39 PM »
When the writer respects his work so much, you, in turn, respect it as a listener.

:hmm

Art is not a question of respect.

Respect turns you into a jail.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2023, 03:26:03 PM »
When the writer respects his work so much, you, in turn, respect it as a listener.

:hmm

Art is not a question of respect.

Respect turns you into a jail.

Dunno. Considering his low profile, Mark could've easily played in a lesser spectacular band, hire cheaper engineers and producers, and never build his own studio just to record his albums, it's this pure desire to give the best for your children (songs, that is). If that's not respect, then I don't know what is.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 39 queries.