Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: No Tour with the new album.  (Read 42798 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: No Tour with the new album.
« Reply #435 on: April 15, 2024, 07:40:26 PM »
I still hope he’ll do some small live shows here and there, TV performances maybe? Do one last live ‘concert’ somewhere in a studio or on location in Newcastle for DVD.
No more live concerts, shows or performances, my friend.
But I can see him pick up a guitar and play a song for the Brian Johnson TV show thing. That would be feasible.

And I hope that will happen In Emmylou's living room.  :)

And with Vince Gill too!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #436 on: April 15, 2024, 08:24:00 PM »
Hello everybody, long time no seen. Thought I‘d peek out of the lurking closet again  :wave

Well, I‘ve just dug out my reviews of my 2019 concerts and I was one of those fans who were carefully optimistic there will be at least a few concerts in the future. Now that tours and one-offs are officially off the table makes me incredibly sad. I know all the facts and reasons and accept that, but knowing we will never see Mark live again is still a terrible thought  :(

I had hoped for at least a farewell show like Paul Simon did, but alas, it‘s what it is I guess. Sigh.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #437 on: April 15, 2024, 08:36:03 PM »
Hello everybody, long time no seen. Thought I‘d peek out of the lurking closet again  :wave

Well, I‘ve just dug out my reviews of my 2019 concerts and I was one of those fans who were carefully optimistic there will be at least a few concerts in the future. Now that tours and one-offs are officially off the table makes me incredibly sad. I know all the facts and reasons and accept that, but knowing we will never see Mark live again is still a terrible thought  :(

I had hoped for at least a farewell show like Paul Simon did, but alas, it‘s what it is I guess. Sigh.

Welcome back!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #438 on: April 16, 2024, 11:11:34 PM »

Lovely to have you join us again!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #439 on: April 17, 2024, 09:42:08 AM »

Nice to see you here again!
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #440 on: April 17, 2024, 09:47:15 AM »

Nice to see you here again!

Welcome back...

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinegoldenheart96

• Lady writer
« Reply #441 on: April 17, 2024, 06:14:52 PM »
Thanks everybody  :)

This no more tours thing still feels weird. No anger about the MK pre ticket sale, no joy if you found out you sit in row one. No who‘s going where thread, no meetings, no bull running, no beaming faces after the shows. No grumpy MK onstage who will eventually put a smile on. I don’t want to whine, but I‘m still sad. If only we had one or two more live DVD‘s from previous tours.

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #442 on: April 17, 2024, 06:33:53 PM »
Hi goldenheart again :wave,

I am also still sad about that. There are moments when I put on my Sennheisser headphones and listen/watch the Mandela 88 concert (mostly BIA) and think to myself:
No tours anymore, even not a single RAH gig.
Where have all those 36 years gone? 11 tours are over. If I count correctly for myself.
That's a point at weekends when I get really melancholic and get myself a single malt.
Cheers Mark
Love will find a Way

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #443 on: April 17, 2024, 06:43:24 PM »
Thanks everybody  :)

This no more tours thing still feels weird. No anger about the MK pre ticket sale, no joy if you found out you sit in row one. No who‘s going where thread, no meetings, no bull running, no beaming faces after the shows. No grumpy MK onstage who will eventually put a smile on. I don’t want to whine, but I‘m still sad. If only we had one or two more live DVD‘s from previous tours.

I get your sentiments, in fact queuing to see MK in London on Friday releases the majority of those sad thoughts. No meet ups before a concert, no finding out who you are sat with in rows 1&2 and then out of the blue Ingridswing appeared! It was so surreal! Sad bit surreal!

Offlinestratmad

• Camerado
« Reply #444 on: April 17, 2024, 06:52:51 PM »
Of course it's sad :-(
But actually there is nohing that could stop a fan club from organising a convention, whatever that might look like. Just an idea ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something from the past just comes and stares into your soul...

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
« Reply #445 on: April 17, 2024, 06:57:44 PM »
Mark should play one last gig at Ronnie Scotts only for AMITers :lol
Love will find a Way

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #446 on: April 17, 2024, 07:08:13 PM »
I get it, but this is also a golden time to be an MK fan:

The auction (including viewing for us lucky ones).

The auction catalogue which is magnificent.

The Going Home single.

New album PLUS bonus PLUS vinyl bonus PLUS EP - 25 new songs?!!

The new TV show - six full hours!

So really we are being very spoiled by a soon to be 75 year old man and we should be very happy :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
« Reply #447 on: April 17, 2024, 07:16:41 PM »
we definately are Dusty.

Love will find a Way

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #448 on: April 17, 2024, 07:31:13 PM »
I get it, but this is also a golden time to be an MK fan:

The auction (including viewing for us lucky ones).

The auction catalogue which is magnificent.

The Going Home single.

New album PLUS bonus PLUS vinyl bonus PLUS EP - 25 new songs?!!

The new TV show - six full hours!

So really we are being very spoiled by a soon to be 75 year old man and we should be very happy :)

Yes you are right it's just looking back on happy memories I guess...and also the journey we have been on all these years following 'The Master'

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
« Reply #449 on: April 17, 2024, 07:55:29 PM »
I will definately miss the Pee-breaks with Ingrid and Pottel during Romeo :P
Love will find a Way

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 39 queries.