Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Robbie McIntosh Interview  (Read 4952 times)

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Robbie McIntosh Interview
« on: May 17, 2023, 08:57:30 AM »
Here is a new interview with Robbie, he covers his whole career, which is varied, he mentions Mark a bit, but I found the whole thing interesting, looks like he is another one who is going through health problems.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/robbie-mcintosh-guitar-paul-mccartney-pretenders-john-mayer-1234726237/
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Robbie McIntosh Interview
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 07:08:39 PM »
To be honest he didn't look that well last time I saw him play Live...
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 09:03:48 AM »
In what way?
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 10:20:26 AM »
I really enjoyed the interview, thanks for sharing.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 08:12:50 AM »

Ditto. Love his playing and so it was fascinating to read. Thought he was a lovely guy when I spoke to him at Blue Club gigs too. The bit about playing Blackbird and Paul’s gentle response to Robbie playing it wrong was interesting as I know lots of people just think Paul is a controlling jerk.

Robbie’s album “thanks Chet” is great.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 01:12:55 PM »

Ditto. Love his playing and so it was fascinating to read. Thought he was a lovely guy when I spoke to him at Blue Club gigs too. The bit about playing Blackbird and Paul’s gentle response to Robbie playing it wrong was interesting as I know lots of people just think Paul is a controlling jerk.

Interesting why people assume that the man who knows exactly what he's looking for is a "controlling jerk". The same happens with early Mark all the time. And if you look at Paul's drawings of the soundstage of songs in the liner notes for the album "Play", you can see how he knows exactly where everything should sound, down to microscopic details. Nothing surprising in Paul correcting someone as Blackbird might be his most famous fingerpicking tune anyway, so he cares.

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 02:30:00 PM »

Interesting why people assume that the man who knows exactly what he's looking for is a "controlling jerk". The same happens with early Mark all the time. And if you look at Paul's drawings of the soundstage of songs in the liner notes for the album "Play", you can see how he knows exactly where everything should sound, down to microscopic details. Nothing surprising in Paul correcting someone as Blackbird might be his most famous fingerpicking tune anyway, so he cares.

Agree completely. I just thought it was lovely that he said “I play it a bit differently” rather than “no that’s wrong. This is right.”

Comes across as very humble.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 01:29:49 PM »

always loved his playing, knew him since his macca days, not his pretenders days, or at least was not aware he was a part of them back in the day. met him at a John Illsley gig and he was a nice man. thnx for the interview, interessting new POV on my favourite artist (and on many others)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 01:36:34 PM »
brilliant bit:
He was only five years old when Beatlemania broke out across England, but his older sister was a member of the fan club and in the audience when they played at London’s Wimbledon Palais on Dec. 14, 1963. She met the Beatles afterward during a meet-and-greet. “When I played with London with McCartney the first time, my sister came,” says McIntosh. “I took her backstage and introduced her to Paul. He went, ‘I remember you!’ Of course, he didn’t.”

just imagine, your little bro introducing you to his boss, a beatle!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2023, 01:58:13 PM »
also nice bit:
How is Paul the human being different than Paul the icon?

He’s great. And if you consider who he is, that the world has revolved around him since he was 19 or 20, he’s amazing. He fantastic. He’s just really great to work for. I saw him on the last tour. I hadn’t seen him for years. I saw him the night before he played Glastonbury, when he did a pop-up gig. It wasn’t far from where I live. Me and [drummer] Chris Whitten went into his dressing room with just him and his wife and makeup lady. We had a chat for five minutes. It was great. He’s looking a lot older, but he’s 80 years old.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2023, 04:51:08 PM »
I had the chance to see Paul with Robbie McIntosh on The New World Tour and it was so great.

Neredless to say that I was happy to see Robbie McIntosh being part of tbe band for the Knopfler and Friends charity gigs in 2002.
I would like to see these shows released.
I remember that Robbie took a solo on Baloney Again, I don't remeber if he had one the couple of nights featuring Your Latest Trick.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 37 queries.