Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Wrong year on youtube videos  (Read 1388 times)

OfflineKnut

• Camerado
Wrong year on youtube videos
« on: October 05, 2023, 04:00:58 AM »
Not sure where to post this, but somehow they managed to put 1982 in the background image on this video (and the others from the same show), rather than 1988. Maybe someone could tell them so they can fix it? Should be easy enough.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: Wrong year on youtube videos
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 12:43:20 PM »
Not sure where to post this, but somehow they managed to put 1982 in the background image on this video (and the others from the same show), rather than 1988. Maybe someone could tell them so they can fix it? Should be easy enough.

Asked.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2023, 01:35:02 PM »

Asked.

Ask them to put MK in the right position, as his image is like in a mirror LOL
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 02:34:41 PM »

Asked.

Ask them to put MK in the right position, as his image is like in a mirror LOL

They said it's a bootleg, not an official release. Strange... Probably shoudn't be there in the first place, so enjoy it while you can lol.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2023, 03:14:05 PM »
You can find various Dire Straits bootlegs on YouTube like this one:

Though the Mandela one somehow found its way on the releases page, I don't think it would be taken down completely, just deleted from the DS page.

Soon enough all the bootlegs like this will be uploaded on this channel, which is pretty cool. But the album art indeed needs some additional work.

UPD: It appears to work differently in different countries. So the bootleg might appear in one country and won't appear in another. Rights...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 03:22:08 PM by quizzaciously »

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2023, 04:37:14 PM »
The DS youtube page is like the wild west (end). Seems anything can go on there! I wonder who runs it.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2023, 04:41:41 PM »
The DS youtube page is like the wild west (end). Seems anything can go on there! I wonder who runs it.

Seems not too bad to me actually, they do a good job both for the MK channel and DS channel, and many others. What's the problem with some of the bootlegs? They just want to monetise it that's all. I think it's generally a good idea to have everything in one place, but of course, I'd want more official releases.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2023, 04:55:18 PM »

Seems not too bad to me actually, they do a good job both for the MK channel and DS channel, and many others. What's the problem with some of the bootlegs? They just want to monetise it that's all. I think it's generally a good idea to have everything in one place, but of course, I'd want more official releases.

I wasn't complaining, it's just unusual. Paul Simon's youtube would never have bootlegs or fan made guitar lessons, but that's probably because he's not as good a songwriter as MK. ;)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2023, 05:08:42 PM »

I wasn't complaining, it's just unusual. Paul Simon's youtube would never have bootlegs or fan made guitar lessons, but that's probably because he's not as good a songwriter as MK. ;)

Haha! I see what you did here! :lol

But it's an interesting topic. These official channels sometimes seem extremely boring to me. What do you get there, "new releases"? Which are pretty much always just repacked old material, old performances, old everything. Stuff you can already find in your music collection or on streaming platforms anyway. So it's actually not a bad idea to feature some fan-made content, AS LONG AS it's good, of course.

I think all the legacy artists (let's call them this way) will eventually do something like this. You have to come up with ways to keep interest going. I wish labels would be wise enough to invest some time and money in things like proper bootleg uploading, possibly podcasts or interviews or something. Not merely a channel filled with boring official stuff for monetisation's sake.

If I go to Paul Simon's channel and see a proper, artist-approved lesson on how to play "Rene and Georgette Magritte with Their Dog After the War", I think no one on this planet would complain about it. So it's a matter of care and wisdom from artists and managers, something we don't see often, unfortunately.

I mean in the old times and even to this day they would bother to release all these (sometimes awful) tablature and chord books and whatnot, or even video tapes with artists themselves teaching, so why not go to some of the video lessons? The modern solution to old problems.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 05:37:23 PM by quizzaciously »

OfflineKnut

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2023, 12:24:27 AM »
My biggest complaint is that these releases are hard to find. Whoever runs it doesn't know how playlists work, and/or tries to hide them to some extent. Also, same songs get multiple uploads. Honestly, it's not good even by amateur standards. Better than nothing? Yes. But, any one of us (literally!) could do a better job at keeping track of things, grouping them together and so on.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2023, 12:39:43 AM »
My biggest complaint is that these releases are hard to find. Whoever runs it doesn't know how playlists work, and/or tries to hide them to some extent. Also, same songs get multiple uploads. Honestly, it's not good even by amateur standards. Better than nothing? Yes. But, any one of us (literally!) could do a better job at keeping track of things, grouping them together and so on.

I think some of you actually make a mistake thinking it's people who run the channels that do this. In reality, when I asked about the mistake, I was told they couldn't even see these bootlegs on their side. It's actually YouTube and YouTube Music specifically that's doing some of these ridiculous things you see on artist's channels.

You can even often find "auto-generated" descriptions and stuff like this. It's a YouTube thing, not management think, these guys rarely make mistakes and do an amazing job with these quality uploads. But with these auto-generated playlists and random versions of songs, I also think YouTube is a little bit out of control.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2023, 09:55:41 AM »

You'll find everything here:

https://knopflertk.org/tracker/unlimited.php

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 38 queries.