Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Italian and Danish dates  (Read 5845 times)

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
Italian and Danish dates
« on: October 01, 2009, 04:37:17 PM »
Jun 11, 2010 - Middelfart, DK Under Broen 
Jul 9, 2010 - Piazzola Sul Brenta (Padova), IT Piazzale Camerini 
Jul 10, 2010 - Lucca, IT Piazza Napoleone 
Jul 13, 2010 - Rome, IT Cavea Auditorium 

Onlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Re: Italian and Danish dates
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »
The Scandinavian dates are a f  :-X ing joke. (smiley added by me, don't worry)

Two outdoors festivals w/ other artists and fans to them as well. One outdoors gig at a castle's park. And only one indoors seated concert (Norway got lucky).

Next time, don't bother, I know plenty of fans that are losing it because they're not coming to Copenhagen nor Stockholm. It's sad and I haven't got a clue why the management is doing this.

Anyway, it's Helsingborg for me - hope it doesn't rain.

"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 05:32:32 PM »
Well, the Oslo gig is not a joke, so I can't agree with you on that. I think it's gonna be great to see MK on the Norwegian Wood festival. It's a great festival in perfect surroundings. Great news imo.

And what's wrong with other bands music and other bands fans? I think it could be nice to expose other bands fans to the wonderful music of MK. And what could be wrong with 11 hours of music instead of 2?

Onlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 07:16:56 PM »
Whatever rocks your boat...

Let alone Norway, we've never seen this before in Denmark and Sweden.

It used to be at least one indoors concert in both Copenhagen and Stockholm. Which eventually sold out. Now, by "spreading out" to festivals and picnic-gardens it will never be the same feeling. Yes, oh yes, I am whining. But nothing beats being indoors, front or second to front row.

It makes no sense... If you feel you are losing your audience, then why make it ever worse by going afar from the large cities? Just choose a smaller venue!

It's the same with MK's albums as with the tours. They get worse and worse over the years. Golden Heart had rock, so did STP. KTGC was, what you'd call in Sweden, a dry-f*ck.

"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Rollergirl

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 07:41:29 PM »
I am very surprised and disappointed that there is no Copenhagen this time. I've been going to the Forum 3 times to see MK and it's always nice. I don't even know where Middle-fart (LOL)  is! Well I have checked and it's too far.
Don't know what I'm gonna do  ???

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 08:48:53 AM »
@Rollergirl: I absolutely see your problem :( , and I feel with you.. :'(

@border_reiver: Nice language.

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 09:26:39 AM »
@border_reiver: If you think that MKs music and the places he is going to play at is so bad...why are you in here then?? And your language is a shame.
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

Onlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »
Ah, I see that the No MK Critics-mafia has reached Norway as well. You can't reach full MK karma if you criticize his music, I know I know. But keep it up guys, you'll get there!

I was typing a large post but lost it to timeout so here's a smaller one.

I've been a fan since I was three years old, I'm 27 today. Too young to see DS, old enough to see MK in 1996. I was a member of the Telegraph Road mailinglist early on in -96. I held a fansite called the Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler Real Audio archive. (Back in the days when legislation still was unclear). People felt "betrayed" back in -96 already. Dire Straits was a rock band, MK should then be a rock artist. (Fans logic right?)

Being a fan of a musician is like being a sports fan. Either you, almost brainwashed, stick to the idea that you idol is ideal or you do when you reach academical levels in life, you compare and criticize.

MK is doing whatever he feels like, and rightfully so, he's got nothing more to prove. But this has become boring for some. The thing is you really see MK enjoying himself when playing rock, blues or up-tempo. Hence, Cannibals, Pyroman, Why aye man, Born to run w/EH and so on.

Here's something to compare with.

John Fogerty. Great musician! Post-CCR he released a 7" back in 1974, one of two songs was called Coming down the road. A great rocker. Fans had been wanting to hear this ever since the comeback with Blue Moon Swamp in 1997. But when a "riot" sprung out on the official forum and the fans were crying out for him to get this song in the playlist, did he listen? Of course he did! For the fans! So in 2008 this song was added to the playlist and his upcoming live DVD title is paraphrasing that song title.

And then we have MK who refuses to play Tunnel of love. See the difference?

Btw, I'll mind my language. But I'm not excusing myself. A fan has got to have the right to be bitter.

(edit)
Reference...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 11:12:22 AM by border_reiver »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »
I agree with some of what you say and if we can't criticise on here then where can we because I would never criticise MK outside and will always back him to the hilt.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKay Edvin

• Camerado
  • MK - my hero!
    • MK Norge (Norwegian MK Fanclub)
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 11:57:02 AM »
It is ok for me that our friend border reiver has another opinion about Marks music than me.

BUT, as many others he is comparing Marks solomusic to the DS music. That is completely wrong to do because it is two different things. DS is history! Face it. So if you think that his solomusic is boring, why cant you just put on a DS record and be happy?

For me, his music is very important, and it gives me so much and it has helped me through difficult times in my life.

We are so lucky! If you want some real rock n roll, you just put on a DS record, and when you want to settle down in your chair..relaxing and thinking about the world and life you can just put on Marks soloalbum. They are full of wonderful tunes..great lyrics...so warm and full of feelings. We got everything!! :)

But you CANT compare DS against MKs solowork.
"The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears"

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 12:19:11 PM »
Whatever rocks your boat...

Let alone Norway, we've never seen this before in Denmark and Sweden.

It used to be at least one indoors concert in both Copenhagen and Stockholm. Which eventually sold out. Now, by "spreading out" to festivals and picnic-gardens it will never be the same feeling. Yes, oh yes, I am whining. But nothing beats being indoors, front or second to front row.

It makes no sense... If you feel you are losing your audience, then why make it ever worse by going afar from the large cities? Just choose a smaller venue!

It's the same with MK's albums as with the tours. They get worse and worse over the years. Golden Heart had rock, so did STP. KTGC was, what you'd call in Sweden, a dry-f*ck.

And: "Ah, I see that the No MK Critics-mafia has reached Norway as well."

I don't think the problem is that we've got different opinions about MK's music. (Actually I think we agree a lot, exept that I think John Foggerty's music is really boring.) It's just that you caracterize the peoble you believe are your oponents, and that's really bad behaviour! It often happens to people who run out of arguments. What I'm saying is: It's not nice to say "What ever rocks your boat" and call the Norwegian AMIT members The No Critics-mafia just because we don't agree with you that the Scandinavian gigs are a fucking joke.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 12:23:46 PM by Mossguitar »

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »
I dont want to get into a debate here but we all know & appreciate that MK's music has changed since the DS years,its everyones own decision whether they want to roll with it or not - whatever John Fogerty did is his business & good luck to him.
In relation to the change of venues - there are people flying 1000's of miles to see MK & I dont think they are be too pushed where he playing as long as they are there.

Everyones entitled to their opinion,but we've been here before in relation to MK's diffirent line of music & the answer is simple - if you dont like the scenery then get off the bus!
If it aint broke dont fix it!

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 01:43:28 AM »
i too was dissapointed by KTGC (then surprised by the great live performances of HFB and MT) but can honestly say that GL is a great album imho, not "rocking" it may be, but it an awesome piece of music.
and yes, DS is over.
but pls, feel free to comment, i got no issue with that.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 10:30:56 AM »
At least I can see border_reivers point, as a dane and we were used to have 2 concerts with MK here in Denmark. One in each respective part of the country. Now only one placed in the middle of it all. An open air concert.
I am fan since the 80
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 10:33:46 AM by peterromer »
Cheers Peter

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 40 queries.