Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Guitars still owned by Mark  (Read 4475 times)

Offlineiorch82

• Local Hero
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: Guitars still owned by Mark
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2024, 09:21:58 AM »
I hadn’t realised until very recently that Mark actually replaced the MK1 with the MK2 as early as during the Golden Heart tour. This is a bit nerdy I admit but I’m now trying to figure out which Pensa Mark was playing on Romeo, Sultans and Telegraph at the June 10th Copenhagen gig - my personal favourite recording from that tour. I had always assumed that I was hearing the MK1. From checking some YouTube videos it would seem that he was still using the MK1 at the start of June in Rotterdam but by the Stockholm gig on 12th June he had changed to the MK2. So that would mean that Copenhagen would be either one of the last known appearances of the MK1 or one of the first appearances of the MK2.

I really must know these important things!

This is definitely tier 5 MK iceberg content  ;D

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2024, 12:02:40 PM »
I hadn’t realised until very recently that Mark actually replaced the MK1 with the MK2 as early as during the Golden Heart tour. This is a bit nerdy I admit but I’m now trying to figure out which Pensa Mark was playing on Romeo, Sultans and Telegraph at the June 10th Copenhagen gig - my personal favourite recording from that tour. I had always assumed that I was hearing the MK1. From checking some YouTube videos it would seem that he was still using the MK1 at the start of June in Rotterdam but by the Stockholm gig on 12th June he had changed to the MK2. So that would mean that Copenhagen would be either one of the last known appearances of the MK1 or one of the first appearances of the MK2.

I know. This is weapons-grade Knopflering!

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2024, 11:23:35 PM »

I was there in Copenhagen back in -96. It was the MK1
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 11:25:42 PM by border_reiver »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2024, 01:04:05 AM »

in lyon on july 9th, it was the MK1 on SOS and TR

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2024, 03:01:42 PM »

Ah, so my original assumption was correct. Thanks for the confirmation. I can breathe easy now  ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 38 queries.