Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark & John in London Dec. 3rd  (Read 30748 times)

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
Re: Mark & John in London Dec. 3rd
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2009, 04:39:22 PM »
The pic was made at the of Shangri-La studios. Perhaps 1976 refers to studio's history.

http://www.shangrilamalibu.com  
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 04:42:51 PM by ustas »

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »

Does anyone know whatever happened to Hal Lindes?  He's like a hometown guy for me.  He grew up in California, not too far from where I am.

I am curious too, often wonder what all the band members are doing now, or have been doing in recent years.

Wasn't Hal in the soundtrack business?

http://www.hallindes.com/

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2009, 08:54:22 PM »
I'm not in the least interested in a reunion of DS.  In 2010 I have seats on the front row for three concerts.  That wouldn't happen if DS reformed.   Apart from that, the music is just as wonderful with MK solo and the band is terrific.    

BTW, Which DS line-up are we talking about?   Mark, John, Pick and David?   That certainly won't happen.  David and Pick didn't even bother to turn up for the plaque unveiling, let alone a reunion!   :(     The rest of the line-ups changed on pretty much every tour, so it's difficult to know which DS would reform.  

I can only imagine, with horror, what it would be like, to be part of an audience who are only there because DS have reformed and who would surely admit to being "the greatest DS fans" when those same people deserted MK in his solo career and would not recognise any of the solo albums!  It doesn't bear thinking about!  We, who have stayed with him through all the ups and downs, are the real fans! 

We can talk about this 'til the cows come home, but unless Mark wants it to happen, it won't!    I really find it quite insulting to the present band, who give us such amazing albums and concerts, to even suggest such a reunion.   I hope it never happens!   :)

Hey Val. My comments WERE only a dream. Believe me, i'm happy the way Mark is nowadays, and i'm sure it will never happen, but i never understand peoples REAL negative feelings towards a DS reunion.
If non- diehard fans do want to crawl out of the woodwork and claim they are true fans, then let them, as long as we true fans got the best seats in pre sales then who cares.
I for one is just happy as long is Mark is doing what he wants to do, and i'm sure i'll always enjoy whatever that may be. ;D

Cheers    BBB
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2009, 09:10:29 PM »

Does anyone know whatever happened to Hal Lindes?  He's like a hometown guy for me.  He grew up in California, not too far from where I am.

I am curious too, often wonder what all the band members are doing now, or have been doing in recent years.

Wasn't Hal in the soundtrack business?
[/quote]

If you have facebook you can try to become friends with him http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1438863139
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »
BBB - I'm really sorry, but It wasn't you I was getting at at all!  Of, course I know you were just dreaming! Your imaginary chat between Mark and John was really funny and made me laugh.  ;D

It is just the way I feel about the whole reunion business.   I think everything is pretty wonderful NOW and can't really understand why people want to look back to the past.   Musically, the band we have now imo, is a very special band and has been with MK longer than all the other line-ups, so it must be a bit galling to them that people keep wanting DS back again.   I'm not too sure which DS, though!  :-\  As I said before, I can't ever see the day when the four founder members would get together again.  I always think when bands from the 70s and 80s reform that they look a bit tragic and that's the last thing I would wish to happen.

I feel the same as you do and only want Mark to be happy and do what he wants to do.  Anyway, we are lucky to have those old videos and are able to see them at their best and in their youth!  Sorry to have upset you, BBB!   :-*

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:50:06 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBest Brown Baggies

• Lady writer
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2009, 10:09:38 PM »
Sorry Val, it wasn't supposed to be a rant towards you, and no, you didn't upset me. I just let my dreams run away with me sometimes. :)
I can't stop thinking about the Alchemy release on dvd nxt year, and how cool it would be to hop into a time machine to the CLASSIC early DS era.
I'm getting it out of my system by watching Alchemy on vhs and the Wembly 85 bootleg.
GREAT TIMES. SOS, TR & TOL. Holy crap they are great versions.
I keep having this dream as well, that on the gigs nxt year, they are gonna play 'In The Gallery' & 'Once Upon A Time In The West'  ;D ;D ;D 8)

Cheers   BBB :-* :-* :-* :-*
And a crowd of young boys they're fooling around in the corner
Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2009, 10:21:03 PM »
BBB, I'd really love to hear some of those old DS songs played on the tour next year too!   Keep on dreaming!   ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2009, 01:35:09 AM »
In an interview last year, David mentioned he'd like to do a DS reunion.

BBB, I'd really love to hear some of those old DS songs played on the tour next year too!   Keep on dreaming!   ;D

Last month, I heard Wild west end, Bernadette and What's the matter live. ;D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2009, 11:12:12 AM »

If he wanted a DS reunion, he should have attended the plaque unveiling - it may have broken the ice!   Even that would have been a reunion of sorts.   Actions speak louder than words!  ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2009, 11:34:18 AM »

That is very interesting. Never heard about that. Do you know any source from that?

As far as I see the matter, DK would probably prefer a reunion of DS - but without MK.... Because he sees himself as the founder of the band...

sorry, couldn

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2009, 11:45:30 AM »

BBB, I'd really love to hear some of those old DS songs played on the tour next year too!   Keep on dreaming!   ;D

If he wanted a DS reunion, he should have attended the plaque unveiling - it may have broken the ice!   Even that would have been a reunion of sorts.   Actions speak louder than words!  ;)

Referring to BBC David visited the event:

Mark Knopfler, his brother David and John Illsley went back to their former home in Deptford, south London, to receive the honour. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/8394556.stm

But I do not know - is it a true?

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2009, 12:06:13 PM »
got there eventually, took me ages to find it.

And who was actually here in the middle?
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2009, 12:20:02 PM »
The one in the middle doesn't look like either Pick or David.  Maybe someone from the Performing Rights.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »

If he wanted a DS reunion, he should have attended the plaque unveiling - it may have broken the ice!   Even that would have been a reunion of sorts.   Actions speak louder than words!  ;)

As far as I know is David touring in Chili this month (just a few gigs). Maybe he wasn't invited at all or maybe he has other things to do. Can't comment on that. :)

That is very interesting. Never heard about that. Do you know any source from that?

As far as I see the matter, DK would probably prefer a reunion of DS - but without MK.... Because he sees himself as the founder of the band...

David did a few radio interviews in 2008 where he mentioned he'd like to do a DS reunion WITH MK. If Mark would call him to do a tour, he'd say yes (that's what he said in the interview). :)

That's all I know. I can't speak for DK. ;)

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2009, 03:28:48 PM »
David did a German tour in November (last concert was on November 13). His first concert in Chili is scheduled for December 10.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 37 queries.