Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New US date: Atlantic City, NJ, May 8, 2010  (Read 4698 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
New US date: Atlantic City, NJ, May 8, 2010
« on: December 08, 2009, 04:31:06 AM »
Another date has been added to Mark's Get Lucky world tour. On May 8, 2010, the tour makes a stop in Atlantic City, NJ, for a show at Caesars Circus Maximus. MarkKnopfler.com will be having a members-only ticket presale http://links.mkt2259.com/ctt?kn=4&m=2803268&r=Nzg4NjIxMzMyMgS2&b=0&j=ODA1NjczNzMS1&mt=1&rt=0 for this show, starting December 9. Log into your account http://links.mkt2259.com/ctt?kn=1&m=2803268&r=Nzg4NjIxMzMyMgS2&b=0&j=ODA1NjczNzMS1&mt=1&rt=0 by 11 am EST this Wednesday for the chance to buy some of the best seats in the house.

Please note, there is a limit of four (4) tickets per order on all presales for the Get Lucky tour. Also, tickets for all shows will be available for pickup at the venue's box office on the night of the show only. This will help curtail any of these tickets ending up on the inflated secondary ticket market. We're doing everything we can to ensure a smooth process for you on the night of the show.

Until next time,
The MarkKnopfler.com Team
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
Re: New US date: Atlantic City, NJ, May 8, 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 09:45:58 AM »
Just when you thought the Get Lucky "puns" were getting old...the American leg of the Get Lucky tour is now set to end in Atlantic City. Ha.

Pretty sure I'll be at this one too. $125...sheesh...
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 08:07:45 PM »
why are prices in the US so much more expensive then they are in the old continent?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 09:33:56 PM »
why are prices in the US so much more expensive then they are in the old continent?

Because we pay twice as much as they do for gas! ;D

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 11:04:19 PM »

Because we pay twice as much as they do for gas! ;D

Hahahaha! ;D
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 02:31:01 AM »

I still work under the mindset that you have a choice, and that no one is forcing you to buy a ticket. But take a look at the facts. Tickets in 2008 on the US KtGC tour were around $100 or less for the "MK.com VIP" seats with fees. Face value of the Central Park NYC show was $70, although that was GA and outdoors. Face value without fees for the US 2010 tour "MK.com VIP" seats is anywhere from $125-$160. So how is it possible that the cost of touring could possibly increase to constitute such a face value ticket price increase? Or is blaming it on the cost of touring just being naive? The demand must be there though, otherwise they wouldn't set such prices. That said, I definitely recall a few random empty seats up front and tickets were far from sold out the day of the show two years ago at the NJ PAC in Newark.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 05:01:53 AM »
Another date up in Albany. Strange- there are a lot of northeast dates this time! 3 in NY, 2 in NJ, 1 in CT, 1 in Boston and 1 in Philly...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 08:09:14 AM »
you going?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 04:26:08 PM »
you going?

Yes, I am going to Albany instead of Atlantic City. It's a slightly shorter trip.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 38 queries.