Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #26:2010.05.07, Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA - Spoiler Maybe  (Read 12062 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
Rolling on~!
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
thanks allen.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineemilianomk

• Camerado
HI, waiting for news!

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
HI, waiting for news!

I think there's a good chance he won't play that one.  ;)
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinemr2bur

• Guitar George
Philly didn't Get Lucky tonite. Only 15 songs, the usual suspects. The band was off the stage by 10:50. Why no love for Philly from Mark? Too bad because the crowd was way into the music, many standing o's, everyone stood for SFA.  I hope the shorter show is not because they had to make some airport curfew.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
1. Border Reiver
2. What It Is
3. Sailing to Philadelphia
4. Coyote
5. Prairie Wedding
6. Hill Farmer's Blues
7. Romeo & Juliet
8. Sultans of Swing
9. Donegan's Gone
10. Marbletown
11. Speedway At Nazareth
12. Telegraph Road

Encores
13. Brothers in Arms
14. So Far Away
15. Piper to the End
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
I had the most amazing seats at the concert last night.  Isaac and Jeroen had first row center right on the aisle, and my husband and I sat right next to them.  The stage was so close, we could touch it with our feet.  Mark was about 10 ft. in front of me for 2 blissful hours.  I was surprised that they dropped Get Lucky.  I'm not complaining -- I felt pretty darn lucky to have those seats.  Thank you MK.com ;D

Mark walked out on the stage by himself with no one helping him.  He definitely limped but was walking much better than he did in Wash.DC.  I am always struck by his stage presence, or maybe it's just his overall demeanor or personality, but it is so hard to take your eyes off him.  There are so many fantastic things happening on the stage all at once, I just wanted to be able to stare at one person and enjoy them for a long time.  I did that, and it was just a joy to be so close to Richard and Tim O'Brien -- they are amazing.  But, it's hard to keep my eyes off Mark for long.  I think I was in a trance being so close to him and watching his fingers for two hours.  I wanted to say something to him but, being so close to him, gave me an attack of the shyness.  I did manage to catch his eye two times (it wasn't easy!!) and did get a little smile.  (He probably felt my eyes burning into his soul)

He does not interact with the audience much at all during the concert, I noticed.  He gives me the impression that he's in his own zone and really concentrating.  There were no little kids in the front row for him to wave at or smile at.  Someone got the finger of death :o  It was during Romeo and Juliet, and I could see him starting to glare at someone in the audience.  Right in the middle of singing the words "Anyway what you gonna do about it" -- he extended his arm and pointed at someone.  People in the audience started clapping thinking the gesture was part of the song because it really looked like it.  I leaned over to Isaac and said, "was that the finger of death?", and he looked at me and gave an emphatic YES!

Every song was brilliant.  No need to go on about that.  The man just keeps getting better.  How is that possible?  I particularly loved the 'jamming' between Mark and Tim on Marbletown.

WARNING --- THIS PARAGRAPH IS FOR LADIES ONLY:

Ladies, I figured I will probably never get to see Mark this close again so I was very observant of every inch of his body so I could  remember it.  Starting at the feet and going up.  Those are some sexy boots he wears.  I could see every scuff mark on the bottom of his shoes -- they were dirty!  His thighs looked lean and muscular to me -- not fat at all.  His jeans were torn on his left thigh :o  Nice!  He wore the same black t-shirt which fits him tight with the same blue shirt.  I think he must like that blue shirt because it looks very thin and very soft.  I bet it's super comfortable.  He rolled his sleeves up halfway through the concert.  He sure isn't hairy, but we all knew that.  Sexy arms, beautiful hands and fingers.  He has more hair on his head than I thought -- it is cut short like a buzz cut -- very cute.  I think part of his sex appeal is his stern expression and his aloofness.  He doesn't smile much but when he does, it starts with his eyes...... :P     END OF LADIES ONLY PARAGRAPH

He made the usual comments and lame jokes which the audience loved.  Maybe they never heard them before but the audience laughed and clapped at all his funny comments.  The audience was great.  Everyone was on their feet dancing and clapping to So Far Away, lots of standing ovations. 

So it's over for me.  I won't see MK for two years assuming he'll be back in 2012.  I'm looking forward to the excitement of the European part of the tour.  I wonder if MK will continue to sit for more songs even after his leg is better.  Last night he said "Ya know, I really like sitting -- it has a certain charm to it".   It doesn't affect his playing, that's for sure :o :o :o :o

It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Thanks very much for your review.  Very "detailed!" :)

You're right Pensaboy, no sense at all;  why not drop Donegan if anything. :disbelief
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:05:43 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Thank you Joanzimm for your review, especially the "Ladies Only" part, which I really enjoyed, LOL!   I will be at the Dublin concert soon and I will also be on the front row, centre, so will look very carefully at all the things you noted!   I am glad you enjoyed your final concert.  I'm getting very excited now!  Roll on Dublin, Manchester, Brighton and Bournemouth.   I am looking forward to meeting Isaac too and all the other fans.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
A recording of this show is upped:  http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=302903 

Wishes
Allen

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
and here:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1419270#post1419270
can someone update the "recordings of this tour" thread (first page)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
can someone update the "recordings of this tour" thread (first page)

As you wish.  Done.

Wishes
Allen

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
Thank you Joanzimm for your review, especially the "Ladies Only" part, which I really enjoyed, LOL!   I will be at the Dublin concert soon and I will also be on the front row, centre, so will look very carefully at all the things you noted!   I am glad you enjoyed your final concert.  I'm getting very excited now!  Roll on Dublin, Manchester, Brighton and Bournemouth.   I am looking forward to meeting Isaac too and all the other fans.   :)

Have fun, Val.  I am looking forward to hearing all your reviews and your experiences at those concerts!

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Joan,

You're one LUCKY woman indeed in this world to be right in front of Mark.  I thought I would have my seat right  next to you when I purchased those pricey tixs from stubhub at $330 each plus air tix from CA and hotel.  Instead I ended up in the far left seat about 4 rows back with the huge speaker in front.  The acuostic sound was bad from I was.  But that wasn't what ruined the night for me.  We had to deal with those hard arsed over zealous security jerks who claimed that our seats weren't legitimate. 2 songs into the show, they insisted that another fan who came with me needed to go talk to the manager.  I was in the zone from the moment Mark and the band walked on stage.  I couldn't help but let my emotion took better of me.  Tears rolled down my face uncontrollably as I saw Mark walked on stage not quite the way I saw him 2 weeks ago.  It hurt me so badly to see him last night.  You would have undestood what I meant, had you seen him earlier in the tour. 

I had my "GET WELL SOON ! WE LOVE YOU MARK"  banner up for him to see.  I held it up a good half part of the show.  It seemed everybody in the band saw the banner and smiled at me, except Mark.  He never turned his head far enough to the left side of the stage to take a glimpse of it.  That was OK.  My get well card with suggestions on what to do with his condition never get to him either.  I guess I'll find a way to mail it to him. 

I was happy that I made that effort with the travelling to catch him just one more time.  16 hrs total of flying across the country from CA to Philly.  To see Mark again and again if I could is worth every time and effort.  Because I love him so dearly that for every  minute of joy and happiness he has given me  is equal to many many more years of my spiritual enlightments and food for my soul.

Joan, it was nice meeting you and your husband.  I love and thank you so much for your close up review of Mark from your vintage point.  The ladies truly truly appreciate it.  I love his jean too with a little bit of a tatterd thread on the right. Very cool.

Did he sweat quite a bit with all the spot lights on him ? I noticed Mike with a lot of sweats on his forehead.  He's one awesome musician.  They all are. 

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
Sweetsurrender, it was so much fun to meet you.  We certainly have a lot in common when it comes to Mark, don't we? :-* :-*  I was picturing us sitting together, too, squeezing each other's hands at certain parts of the concert.  I'm so sorry your seats weren't good.  Believe me, I have seen MK concerts from much worse seats than what you had.  It's not fun though, that's for sure. :'(

MK had a little black fan blowing on him throughout the whole concert so I'm sure that helped with sweating.  The only thing that seemed to bother him was his hands, always wiping them.  Then he dropped the towel on the floor and couldn't reach it, so he ended up using his jeans to wipe his hands after that. :(

As for getting Mark's attention, it's not easy.  I asked both Jeroen and Isaac the same question that night.  You are sitting right in front of MK every single night, has he ever acknowledged you in any way -- like nodded, smiled?  Jeroen said, "No, he has never even once made eye contact with me."  Isaac said, "No, not Mark, but some of the other band members have waved or said hi". :o

It's almost like he forgets the audience is there. 8)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 36 queries.