Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Emmylou 14/09/08  (Read 16331 times)

draad

Emmylou 14/09/08
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:09:50 AM »
Any of u guys goin 2 see this great lady in London 14/9?

draad

Re: Emmylou 14/09/08
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:21:37 PM »
Me and my mate Dave will be there next Sunday. We will be in the nearest pub to the Appollo from 5PM. B there or b square!

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »
Hey Draad, I just see this thread!

I live in the Netherlands and will attend the concert of Emmy in Groningen, Friday September 26th!

Please let me know how the concert was and if you enjoyed it! ;)

Fieneke
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

draad

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 07:20:44 PM »
Consider it done! :)

OfflineIrisRose

• Not just another angel
  • Founder
  • Romeo
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 09:16:07 PM »
I'll bet a USA dollar (not worth much) that MK is a surprise guest there.   If he is, and iff someone records the concert and shares it, it's worth at least 5 bootlegs for free from me!
I have a few things you might not find elsewhere.    :D
But a spoonful of forgiveness
Goes a long, long way
And we all should do our best
To get along

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 10:45:04 PM »
I'll be at the concert in Munich, Philharmonie on 17.09.
Marie, for recording I'm lacking the necessary equipment ... but if you are right, I'll do my best to take a pic from EH, MK and me.  :D

joerg

draad

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:43:15 AM »
I think MK will be there, and probably GF too. If MK gets on stage and performs - literally "beyond my wildest dreams"! ::)

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 09:38:24 PM »
Ohhh if that could happen that Mark and Guy would be the special guest that would be wonderful,  :P  BUT.........I mailed Guy a while ago and he told they didn't have plans to be at her concert! :'(

I bought today the new CD of Emmylou and it is beautiful! I am looking forward to be there and please Joko keep me informed too after you have been there. ;)

FIeneke

draad

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 11:42:22 AM »
Saw Emmylou last night Fieneke. Please pardon the generality of this post. I went to see her only because of her link to Mark, and I have no great knowledge of her career and music, so couldn't give you set lists or critiques of specific songs, etc.

Anyhow, the support act was Kimmie Rhodes. Don't spend time in the bar during her set! Make sure you catch her. V good and very Emmy-like music. The two have obviously known each other for many years. See below.

Emmylou played for 2 hours, old stuff and new. Voice is exactly as it sound in her recordings - perfect in every way. Not many people sound as good live as on their recordings, but she does.  Her band were excellent. She played Love and Happiness from ATRR - but no appearance from MK for this unfortunately!! Kimmie Rhodes, who co-wrote this with Emmylou, came back on stage and sang Mark's part on this. The highlight for me was when Emmylou and two of her band got close together centre stage under a single spotlight and sang a very complicated and haunting melody accompanied only by Emmy's acoustic guitar. Don't know what it was called but won't forget it! You'll know what I mean when you hear it.

Enjoy the night and let me know how it was for you! :)

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 12:16:27 PM »
Boo, shame there was no guest appearance.

You can hear a nice interview with Emmylou on this site for the next few days, starts at about 1 hr 12 mins:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00dbj4l
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

draad

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 06:54:42 PM »
Dusty, thanks for the link to the interview. She even talks great!

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 09:42:26 PM »
Thank you Draad for your review! It is good to hear you had a great time at the concert and that her voice was as beautiful as it is on a CD! ;D

Dusty and Joko thank you for the links! I don't have time today but sure will try to read it tomorrow!
Joko I wish you a great time Wednesday and hope you will tell about the concert too!

After discovering Mark in  2006, I heard about Emmy again after a long time. It is too much to explain here, but I am busy writing a Emmylou Harris story at my own site (I wish I had more time, but I hope to finish it this week). I loved to listen to her voice at the ATRR CD and loved to watch the DVD too. So when I read in the newspaper she would be in my country and even so nearby in Groningen, I wanted to be there. ;D

To be prepared a little bit, I bought her new CD "All I Intended To Be" and ..........let me tell you, it is a GREAT CD! I really LOVE to listen to it and hope she will sing some of those songs. I have the feeling the song you are talking about is "Beyond The Great Divide". It is a song at the new album too and it sounds wonderful with the men that sing together with her.

After listening the new CD and knowing the "Elite Hotel" and "ATRR" albums, I sure am looking forward very much to be at the concert! :P

Btw what is the camera policy? Are people allowed to take pictures at her concert, does one of you know? ::)

Fieneke

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 11:18:36 PM »
I'll bet a USA dollar (not worth much) that MK is a surprise guest there.   

Pay up.  ;)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

draad

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 12:00:44 AM »
 :)lol :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 52 queries.