Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK's neighbor  (Read 22105 times)

Offlineknopfling

• Camerado
  • SALT LAKE CITY June 25, 2008
MK's neighbor
« on: April 08, 2011, 01:14:21 AM »
This interested me in that I didn't know John lived close to MK.
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/8960305.Tycoon_s_plan_for_luxury_Beaulieu_mansion_splits_community/#
Tycoon's plan for luxury Beaulieu mansion splits community
5:00pm Thursday 7th April 2011
By Echo Reporter
My 2008 Red Rocks/Salt Lake/Hard Rock pix
http://s319.photobucket.com/albums/mm469/knopfling/?start=0

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: MK's neighbor
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 11:10:12 AM »
If my info are correct John owns (or owned) shares in The Master Builder's hotel in Beaulieu.

I slept there in 2002 (guess why  ;D ), costly but very nice. Good restaurant
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:38:51 AM »
Perhaps this reporter uses the same reporters "sources" that apparently claim Dire Straits are very much still together and playing.....or is that "The Straits"...... ;D
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »
Found this when I was being nosey and digging around on the house story. :)

http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/4850
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »

Jackal

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 04:38:43 PM »
Apparently, Mark lives somewhere in this area:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:16:13 PM by Jackal »

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 05:22:50 PM »
It's almost scary what sort of private information you can find online, even if it's not made available directly. That Newforest government link gives you almost exact address. Not very wise IMO.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Love Expresso

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »
Yes, Kooba, that was exactly my feeling. I feel uncomfortable with having these "delicate" or "sensible" information made available in our forum.
What do you think of erase that link? Of course freedom of speech and all that stuff bla bla, but hey, it is somehow a very thin line isn't it..
We are urged to only use "nicks at all times" and not use real names of members on here, but putting a private address online is something that is much more alarming. Or am I too pedantic here?

Just my opinion..  ::)

LE

Jackal

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 06:52:48 PM »
Yes, Kooba, that was exactly my feeling. I feel uncomfortable with having these "delicate" or "sensible" information made available in our forum.
What do you think of erase that link? Of course freedom of speech and all that stuff bla bla, but hey, it is somehow a very thin line isn't it..
We are urged to only use "nicks at all times" and not use real names of members on here, but putting a private address online is something that is much more alarming. Or am I too pedantic here?

Just my opinion..  ::)

LE

LE, I think kooba meant that it was not very wise of the Newforest government people to make that document public, not that the link was published here. Plus it was already mentioned in the article in the first post that the area in question was Thorns Beach.

If the editors on AMIT feel it is inappropriate, however, they may of course delete the link and information.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 06:55:29 PM by Jackal »

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »
Yes, I meant the fact that you can easily access the document with address from the official government site. Making this info even more public on the fan forum is the other thing. As Jackal says, let's see what AMIT editors think.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 07:12:32 PM »
Posting MK's home address on here is not a good idea IMO, even if it's freely available online. As a courtesy to our hero I think it should be removed. I'm posting this from my mobile though and can't edit easily.

Jackal

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
OK, bad move by me.

From the forum guidelines:

Discretion/Respect
Although it is A.M.I.T.'s aim to be more accepting and tolerant of "controversial" topics than other MK forums, we ask that you use discretion when posting a message. This forum is read by many Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits/Notting Hillbillies fans from around the world daily, so what you say will be seen and read by many people. Please keep it civil, and always respect Mark and his band members, family and his associates. All discussions that are deemed by the Administrators/Moderators, to venture too far into Mark or his band members' personal/family matters will be considered inappropriate and promptly removed from the A.M.I.T. forum. The Administrators/Moderators also reserve the right to remove any posts which may in any way, be considered defamatory, and or cannot be substantiated.

I will delete the link and address myself. I apologize.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:21:55 PM by Jackal »

Love Expresso

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 07:18:53 PM »
Well said, Dusty - "as a courtesy to our hero" is exactly what I meant...

@kooba and @jackal,
no offence meant by my question of course. As you said, the news has been released a long time ago and therefore of course nobody from the forum has made
any mistake or fault. But Dusty put it in the right words. I was just a little bit "uneasy" to dig so deep into MK's privacy.

LE

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
I was thinking about that this morning. Natural curiosity tend me (us?) to be interested about where he lives but not that far to get the exact address and not into pilgrimage scheme either.
Like at the time it was publicly known that he had a house in Chelsea area - well that was all I knew about and it was enough for me.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineJeroenvG

• Lady writer
  • Follow me on "twitter.com/vanDiemensLand"
    • Alles Muziek (Dutch)
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
Mark has got a great house.
But what's the use to know the exact address? I think most of you all know where he lives. I don't think I can go blind to that spot but I do know the place.

Like Dusty said another time: If you know how the UK government works, you all can find the place. But then again, if you keep searching you can find all addresses from known people.

You are a real "Rudiger" if you found his phonenumber  ;D

Oh and the funny thing is that it looks like John's house is bigger then Mark's.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 07:29:58 PM by JeroenvG »
"I could play my accordion And charm all of the women And dance round the taproom With a chair in my teeth"

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 48 queries.