Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert #33:2011.11.21, HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London, UK, # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 92233 times)

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
Loved my first Mark show!! Full teview later. :)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Superval, Allan Jones is the head editor of Uncut. He is sending every couple of weeks a newsletter by mail, that serves both as a more "live" contact with the readers and as a reminder that the new issue is out. In the magazine it could have been the editorial. So his topic here (even though I would like it to be MK and not BD) was BD. As he states MK opens for BD, so it is a side show, not the main attraction. It is odd for us MK fans, because apart from being a double bill, MK is simply fantastic, while BD is BD. But if medieval music with all it's rawness is perceived fine, but heard by few, then the same thing can apply to every art and artist in this world. Maybe it is my inability to get it, but then again I like to listen with my heart and not my mind. ( not exactly, but then again something like that)
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Obviously Allan Jones isn't a Knopfler fan!   I wonder if he even bothered to be there for MK's set!   :-\
why? There's not really a bad word about our man in there, is there?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Hey, where are all the reviews people?

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Pottel, just forwarded it to your mail.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Pottel, just forwarded it to your mail.
thnx!

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
I'm just back from the show...I left after MK left again! :)

Same setlist, only 'Haul away' was in again. Very nice show, well played. MK mentioned briefly that this was the last show of the tour. He thanked crew and all involved people, also the crowd. During 'Speedway' MK struggled a bit with the text once or at least it sounded strange. Later MK joined BD again and then he left without a word. BD was not that loud tonight, or I'm already deaf? ;-)

Show was not sold out again, only Saturday. I did a few photos to the very end during SFA.

PS: forgot to say...I passed the BBC today and saw Tour busses standing there looking like BDs. Any info on this? I made two shots of them....

« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:43:43 PM by marky49 »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Show us the pics Marky :)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Great pics Mark..is it me or does Mark look tired at the end..the guitar looks 'heavy'. Maybe Bob was going to do a quick interview before he leaves London.
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
Mark came out on the encore and traded verses with Bob on Forever Young. When Mark sang the line 'may your song always be sung' he gestured towards Bob and the crowd went wild. Emotional moment. And they DID embrace at the end :)

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Mark came out on the encore and traded verses with Bob on Forever Young. When Mark sang the line 'may your song always be sung' he gestured towards Bob and the crowd went wild. Emotional moment. And they DID embrace at the end :)
Here's hoping that someone got a pic of that..sums up the whole tour  :)
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
ok just got here is my review.
First the negative .I want to thank MK.com for giving me a seat behind the stairwell this meant that during every song of Marks set my view was spoilt and as such found it hard to get into the zone.I don't understand why they let people in so late in Mark's set .By contrast during Bob's set i has an almost uninterrupted view until people started leaving around song 8 i think.Also is it strictly necessary for these Carlsburg sellers to walk around the whole time,just detracts.
Now to the music.
Mark's set was very enjoyable,the band played well and deserve to play in front of people that appreciate them and actually want to be there.Sound was good and i could understand about 90% of what MK sang.
Now onto Bob ,started well with MK first 3 songs,didn't do a fourth so i guessed he would come out at the end.
I couldn't make out most of what he was saying/singing but his band played well.If fact you could joke they would do a lot better if they ditched him.
Anyway around song 7-8 it seemed to get louder and each song began to sound quite similar and drag on for age .Like a rolling stone which should have been the highlight was too loud,shambolic i don't know.Mark then joined him on stage for the finale forever young which until Mark sang those words i don't think even the BD fans knew what he was singing.At the end I thought Mark looked a little awkward as they took their final bows.
All in all a good night and looking forward to a full MK show .

Offlinearabia

• Camerado
Mark then joined him on stage for the finale forever young which until Mark sang those words i don't think even the BD fans knew what he was singing.

Not a single fan near me didn't know what they were singing, but project away... ::) ::) ::)

short review:

Song for Sonny Liston was the highlight of the show, Marbletown the nadir. When I have one of the greatest all time rock guitarists onstage in front of me I want to see him play guitar, not tap hit foot while some elf like bloke plays fiddle.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:55:48 AM by arabia »

Love Expresso

short review:

Song for Sonny Liston was the highlight of the show, Marbletown the nadir. When I have one of the greatest all time rock guitarists onstage in front of me I want to see him play guitar, not tap hit foot while some elf like bloke plays fiddle.

Very refreshing, thanks!  ;)

LE

Jackal

while some elf like bloke plays fiddle.

Haha. I always thought McCusker looked a bit like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Granted, more handsome (McCusker that is), but there's something about his movements that reminds of Gollum.

EDIT:

Although judging from the pic above, he looks like a smaller clone of Mark.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 07:58:07 AM by Jackal »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 41 queries.