Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark and Bob in the ol' USA  (Read 27068 times)

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
Re: Mark and Bob in the ol' USA
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 03:12:08 AM »
I wonder when we can expect to hear official news about this?  I am dying to see MK play live again and hope I don't have to wait until 2013.  If it turns out he isn't touring with the new album until next year, then I'll gladly see him with BD (Old Croaky) this year. 
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 03:14:45 AM »
Dan, I am not surprised at your reaction towards BD live output. I try to understand those who like it, by comparing him to the equivalent to classical music: early medieval music.  ;)  Bob Dylan dropped by Greece a couple of years ago, I didn't even think of going to see him. Another factor that put me off, was that most of the people I knew that they were going, were actually going to see the legend before it's too late, and be able to say that they have seen him. But I just don't get this attitude. What's more I am not ready to pay 50-150 Euros for any open 10000-20000 people gig, and just watch the act from 500 meters away or from a screen.  It is no good. I understand that it is a matter of supply and demand, but this can't explain the price.
That is why I say, that the experiment and the results were interesting and unique, but I would like to see MK solo and alone, playing for the usual 2 hour bill.

As for the problem I experience while trying to log on from another computer, is the same as panzerdriver. I can't remember my password, and when I tried to change it something happens (can't remember what, and I am too afraid to try it at this computer that has it stored) .Thanks for taking the time. Probably I have done something extremely stupid and just waste your precious time.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Love Expresso

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 11:43:49 AM »
Dan, can't confirm the fears about the volume of BD. I (only) saw him twice the last tour - both times it was not too loud from my point of view, the Hannover show was on the contrary perfect sound in my opinion!

I know what I said earlier about a new Dylan tour, and I would prefer to do MK his own complete full set (I am just impatient, that's all), but if I would have the chance, I would see Bob again of course. And the next time Dylan will be in my country (on his own), I will be there again...

LE

Offlineferguitar

• Local Hero
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 04:31:20 PM »
Dear Mark, i understand hes your favorite musician, but please stop touring with this has been. He cant sing no more, he sounds like a dying cat. Leave him trashing his "legacy" (HA!) alone, dont be a part of this, its only doing harm to you too.

Offlinepanzerdriver

• Guitar George
  • Tell me how we're gonna do what's best....
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »
Goodness gracious, I thought I was the only person brave enough to admit that they couldn't stand Dylan! I never, ever got the mystique, despite liking quite a few of his songs (ISIS is my all-time favorite). Dylan came to Omaha many years ago, got up on stage impaired in some way - and could not remember his words at all - was roundly booed off by people who paid dearly to see him, and received the one-finger salute from him as he left. I don't particularly consider him a class act. MK, on the other hand, has never, in my limited concert experience, been anything less than courtly (although I have heard of a few choice expletives he's levelled at certain people, especially the usher Nazis) and he can look fearsome when he's disobeyed - I saw that once at Berkeley, after Crockford said 'no cameras' and MK saw someone with one quite close. At any rate, should the tour arrive at a serendipidous moment of good financial fortune for me, I can overlook my disapproval of Mr Tambourine Man for even a limited amount of MK.
A hen can lay a golden egg, but she still can't sing.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 06:48:19 PM »
Hi panzerdriver!    Well I am one of those who has liked Dylan's albums since the very beginning and love lots of his songs, but seeing him for the first time live last year was a real eye-opener for me.   Of course, I already knew his voice wasn't good these days, but it was the ear-splitting volume at the Manchester show which shocked me, and I and some others around me resorted to ear-plugs.  I don't think this is a satisfactory way to listen to a concert.   MK's sound, by the way. was crystal clear and perfect.   

It hasn't deterred me from seeing him again, but only IF MK was touring with him, because I will endure even Dylan to see MK, but I'm afraid wild horses wouldn't get my husband to see him again, so if it happens once more in UK or Europe, I will have to either go alone or with someone else!   :)   BTW I still listen to Dylan's albums and continue enjoying them.   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 08:29:28 PM »
Sounds a bit strange to me that people who are Knopfler fans rush out of the concert venue only to avoid hearing Dylan on stage, even though they might miss a duet or two. What's the hurry? How bad can it be? It is still Dylan, so if I got the chance, even though I don't know his music that much, I would definitely cancel all other plans that night and give it a shot. He is one of Mark's inspirations..

Quite right Jarle. If I hadn't hung around, I would never have witnessed Forever Young on the last night. That was the best bit of live musical theatre I have ever seen. US fans - pay up and go with an open mind! I think this tour will happen and if so, the announcement must be v soon.

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »
Is this a hint from Guy?

Q: MK never goes backwards..that was the last tour with Bob Dylan. This is what is printed on the back of your speakers "AC 100V/120V/230V/240V~60Hz/50Hz 500W so at 230V I am in error in my last post..each speaker draws about 2 amps and 4 amp total for the two.    

A: of Europe.

It suppose this means that this was the last tour with Bob... of Europe...
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 09:29:14 PM »
if this US tour doesnt happen I will eat my fridge and maybe my freezer, not that I want it to happen with Dylan again. Good as Dylan was,

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »
Is this a hint from Guy?

Q: MK never goes backwards..that was the last tour with Bob Dylan. This is what is printed on the back of your speakers "AC 100V/120V/230V/240V~60Hz/50Hz 500W so at 230V I am in error in my last post..each speaker draws about 2 amps and 4 amp total for the two.    

A: of Europe.

It suppose this means that this was the last tour with Bob... of Europe...

It sure sounds like a hint, doesn't it?  Also, there's another post where someone says the BD Tour was the first and the last, and Guy answers "Is that right?" ...... another not-so-subtle hint?
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 12:39:08 AM »
GF:

We will be touring.... I'm thinking you will not be disappointed but obviously I cannot give ANY details...yet.

AND

There will be plenty of live dates, be assured of that.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 12:27:21 PM »
Wow ! It's one of the most powerful answers I've ever read on Guy's forum.
Very explicit but also full of hidden details if you're familiar with Guy's style.

If gives us the missing information and confirms a US tour.
All the clues lead to Bob : that makes things clear and somehow predictable.
First rumors say Bob is touring in South America. I assume the next step could be North America.
Be ready, guys : we're not talking about 2013 nor end of 2012 but more likely Spring 2012. 
And that is tomorrow.   :P  ;D

It looks like we're set for two tours :
 - Spring 2012 US tour
 and then either 2012 Europe Fall Tour or back to usual September 2012 - new album release  + tour announcement and tour in april to july 31, 2013

In any case it sounds GREAT !  ;D ;D ;D

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 12:58:40 PM »
There are two threads for the same topic

Mark Knopfler & Bob Dylan: MAYBE a 2012 summer tour????
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 01:09:39 PM »
There should be a third thread - Mark & Bob definitely touring Australia 2012, supported by JJ Cale!
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 40 queries.