Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: North American tour announced with Bob.  (Read 65705 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: North American tour announced with Bob.
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2012, 05:29:08 PM »
Highlands is a great song, and not just because it mentions Aberdeen.  :)

But Aberdeen was never in the Highlands it was in Grampian - as you'll well know! :)

Of course  :lol
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2012, 10:17:00 AM »
Has anybody ever heard about a guy called Level Knopfler (not to be confused with Levon Helm)? Well, he's touring with Bob this autumn: http://music-blank.blogspot.ch/2012/06/bob-dylan-and-level-knopfler-trip.html
 :lol

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2012, 11:19:47 AM »
Wtf? LoL
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Love Expresso

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »
Bros in Hands...

Google translate's your friend...

LE

OfflinePixelPerfect

• Local Hero
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2012, 01:17:40 AM »
Oh my gosh. This cracked me up big time! How do you turn Mark into "Level"????????????? LOL!!!

OfflineFat Bob

• Guitar George
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2012, 09:01:32 PM »
Just heard the "Early roman kings" from the new Bob Dylan

OfflineFat Bob

• Guitar George
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »
... He did long songs already, "Highlands" for example, and it is good fun to listen to all those lyrics...

LE

A very good song for insomniacs!   Better than a sleeping pill... zzzzzzzz     :)

Hmmm- Need to disagree here. The original studio version maybe didn't set the heather on fire (in a manner of speaking  ;)) but the few live performances are rather fine I think. Try this:

He did the song at a concert in Glasgow in 2000 when, instead of "listening to Neil Young" he pleased the local audience by "listening to Annie Lennox". Haven't found that one on YouTube yet...

Love Expresso

« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2012, 09:18:39 PM »
Hmmm- Need to disagree here. The original studio version maybe didn't set the heather on fire (in a manner of speaking  ;)) but the few live performances are rather fine I think. Try this:

He did the song at a concert in Glasgow in 2000 when, instead of "listening to Neil Young" he pleased the local audience by "listening to Annie Lennox". Haven't found that one on YouTube yet...

Hey, cool video. Never seen that. Liked it!

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2012, 09:30:11 PM »
... He did long songs already, "Highlands" for example, and it is good fun to listen to all those lyrics...

LE

A very good song for insomniacs!   Better than a sleeping pill... zzzzzzzz     :)

Oh, I DO like it - I think I said so in the post following that one!   It's just one of those songs that are kind of linear and long, with not much change in tempo, etc  and easy to drift off to after a busy or stressful day!  I like the video btw!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2012, 09:37:41 PM »
The original Highlands is superb, though not something I would listen to every day. It's a pearl to keep hidden and bring forth into the light only when you really need it.

OfflineFat Bob

• Guitar George
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2012, 10:10:34 PM »

LE

A very good song for insomniacs!   Better than a sleeping pill... zzzzzzzz     :)

Hmmm- Need to disagree here. The original studio version maybe didn't set the heather on fire (in a manner of speaking  ;)) but the few live performances are rather fine I think. Try this:

Oh, I DO like it - I think I said so in the post following that one!   It's just one of those songs that are kind of linear and long, with not much change in tempo, etc  and easy to drift off to after a busy or stressful day!  I like the video btw!   :)

Fair comment actually- I don't think I'd like to listen to the original version on a long car journey either!  :)
And after going back to my iPod playlists I've realised that the original version isn't in my "Dylan studio" playlist, but the Glasgow 2000 version is in my "Dylan Live" playlist- must say something...

PS- glad you like the video.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2012, 09:19:14 AM »
am i the only one not using the playlist functionality in itunes? i either shuffle through my hundreds of gigs of stuff or i select a specific album  ???

OfflineFat Bob

• Guitar George
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
Depends on the mood- I often select specific albums- today has been "Get Lucky" for example- but in some moods/circumstances I'll opt for a playlist. If I'm going on a long drive, longer than a single album, rather than fumble about changing albums I'll set a playlist going that I know will be long enough to see me through to the end. Or if we have friends round for an evening, a good mixture playlist can keep everyone happy through. I've also got a playlist of gentle stuff which I think of as my "morning after the night before", nothing too loud if you get my drift...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2012, 07:17:31 PM »
fully get your drift bob :-)
i just like the uncertainty of the thousands of songs that can pop up next whilst using the shuffle functionality.

OfflineDIFFICULTTOBELIEVE

• Local Hero
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2012, 09:01:05 PM »
RB has posted on Twitter that rehearsals start in London in 2 weeks time. I think that means that the Americans are unlikely to be playing at the Amazon promo gig at the end of September.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 43 queries.