Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: September 26th, Second MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London  (Read 35156 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: September 26th, Second MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2012, 10:55:31 PM »
Can someone help me with finding that info on MKNews?

You have to go to the news site, and then scroll down a little...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
Re: September 26th, Second MK Warm Up Gig, Tower Bridge Bussiness Complex, London
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2012, 10:57:25 PM »
Oh stupid :P Thanks!

But how is it possible that we know other setlists than MKNews?

Love Expresso

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2012, 11:09:16 PM »
Just scroll down a little bit - it is not in the exact time order over there... It is called London Showcases, in the news section.

LE

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »
Mknews says that So far away was played both nights as well...

Absolutely inevitable.  :P
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
oh, how could I oversee this thread by now...?
Thanks for this! Gotta read before I comment...  ;)
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
Marbletown is probably my favourite song on the RPD album, but I loved the 2010 live version too, probably moreso than 2011, but then I liked everything better in 2010!   
Funny - I never quite liked it on the album...
But I love it live. Starting with Munich 2002  ;D
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...

What is it about this song? It seems to be one of the most enduring hold-overs from the DS years, but I don't understand why. It never had the mass appeal that SOS, TOL or R&J had so I wonder why it's held on this long. And in MK's catalog of songs, an argument could be made that it is one of his weaker offerings. So, go figure! I'm just hoping that when MK and crew come across the pond to jam with BD, that he leaves SFA, so far away!

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
knoxville was NOT played in Oslo 2006, it was actually never played in oslo...
amsterdam 2008 was a real joy to experience!! i was soooo surprised that night..
YES, it was indeed played in Oslo! (I don't know why you say it wasn't. Were you there?) But it was in 2008, not 2006. I just hit the wrong key on the keyboard. Sorry.

OfflineMusicGirl1

• Local Hero

What is it about this song? It seems to be one of the most enduring hold-overs from the DS years, but I don't understand why. It never had the mass appeal that SOS, TOL or R&J had so I wonder why it's held on this long. And in MK's catalog of songs, an argument could be made that it is one of his weaker offerings. So, go figure! I'm just hoping that when MK and crew come across the pond to jam with BD, that he leaves SFA, so far away!

I will go to the Amsterdam show in may 2013. But..., about "So far way", I also wonder what it is about this song. An alright song in my book, but not one of Marks best.
I do however...., hope that Mark still plays "Romeo and Juliet" once in a while. That is still a great song and one of my personal favorites. The solo versions are even better than the Dire Straits versions from long ago (Well, I think so....)

Maaike 

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Tastes are quite different I suppose. I am really fed up with R&J. I have heard it over and over, and is not doing it for me anymore. On the other hand So far away has a more spare sound, an "american" production and a cathy guitar riff, that i keep enjoy listening to, no matter the simple lyrics. Grom all the BiA singles, it is the only one that I would intentionally listen, (maybe BiA too). But like I said tastes are different.
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Love Expresso

At the end of the show, when "ze running" took place and all the get-a-lifers stand right in front of the stage, right in front of HIM, as close to him as never before, and he sings YOU'RE SO FAR AWAY from me, that's... transcendental...  :o ;D

LE

Offlinenababo

• Camerado

If I am not mistaken, SFA was put back in the setlist from the shows MK did in Brazil on. It was in 2001. The crowd in S
Love over gold, mind over matter

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
At the end of the show, when "ze running" took place and all the get-a-lifers stand right in front of the stage, right in front of HIM, as close to him as never before, and he sings YOU'RE SO FAR AWAY from me, that's... transcendental...  :o ;D

LE

Every time we discuss set-lists prior to a new tour and which songs we would like to be dropped, I always hope that SFA will be one of those and groan a little at the prospect of hearing it again, but when I am at the concert, in front of MK and we are all singing along and swaying, I think it is wonderful and a great encore song!   :D   I expect it will be there again in 2013 and probably on the BD/MK tour too.  ;) 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

LE

Every time we discuss set-lists prior to a new tour and which songs we would like to be dropped, I always hope that SFA will be one of those and groan a little at the prospect of hearing it again, but when I am at the concert, in front of MK and we are all singing along and swaying, I think it is wonderful and a great encore song!   :D   I expect it will be there again in 2013 and probably on the BD/MK tour too.  ;)

I suppose you're right Val and we all enjoy it but there's so much more in the library if he'd only go and take a look.  It's all on microfiche! 8)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Love Expresso

Naaa, they never would take such big gadgetry with them on tour... would they?  Mark MUST have another solution, magnetic tape or something...

;D

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 45 queries.