Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The tour ended - Conclusions  (Read 59613 times)

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
Re: The tour ended - Conclusions
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »
I seem to recall that the "Ferrari" was an American car with a Ferrari body on it.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2012, 05:43:27 PM »
I never liked Miami Vice
I always prefered Starsky & Hutch, or Serpico, or Magnum, or Colt Sivers....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2012, 05:47:08 PM »
I seem to recall that the "Ferrari" was an American car with a Ferrari body on it.

Yes, the Daytona Spider had a Corvette chassis and the Testarossa was a De Tomaso.  No wonder he could never catch the villains in the car chases!

Loved the theme to The Fall Guy.  Magnum had a Ferarri too!

I still think MV was a cut above these series which were intended for children/teens but they're all fun.  I watched them all years ago including Knight Rider, The A-Team etc...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:55:40 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2012, 07:57:38 PM »
I think Ferrari kicked up some kind of stooshie about the car(s) at the time.

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »
MV was fun to watch..good tunes of course....but the best cop show of the 80's..at least here in the US...was "Hill Street Blues"...loved that show.
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2012, 02:28:21 AM »
"Hill Street Blues" - loved it!  Do they ever re-run it these days? Gritty, streetwise, believable characters with all those interweaving plot-lines. Gosh, 'twas terrific.

And, almost unbelievably, by the same production company that gave us "WKRP in Cinncinatti", which was so different it was just about the opposite in every way but great fun. Not sure I could face repeats nowadays, though!

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2012, 02:49:17 AM »
"Hill Street Blues" - loved it!  Do they ever re-run it these days? Gritty, streetwise, believable characters with all those interweaving plot-lines. Gosh, 'twas terrific.

And, almost unbelievably, by the same production company that gave us "WKRP in Cinncinatti", which was so different it was just about the opposite in every way but great fun. Not sure I could face repeats nowadays, though!
"As God is my witness..I thought turkeys could fly"  ;D..I lose it every Thanksgiving when I think of that line. I wish that I could find Hill Street in reruns somewhere on the cable...great show!
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2012, 12:05:48 PM »
MV was fun to watch..good tunes of course....but the best cop show of the 80's..at least here in the US...was "Hill Street Blues"...loved that show.

Both shows created by Anthony Yerkovich!

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2012, 12:38:03 PM »
Still chalk and cheese.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
Still chalk and cheese.

HSB was just a gritty NYC based cop show wasn't it?  Give me The Sweeney any day. :thumbsup

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2012, 12:34:40 AM »
What a nice day to reminisce all those good old tv shows.  Wasn't there also a great theme song to "HSB" ?  I used to watch all these shows religiously . What good old days they were !!

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2012, 01:56:36 AM »
I'm not sure we ever knew which city for  Hill Street Blues- somewhere big but not New York.  The exterior shots just didn't look like New York - or Boston - or Washington for that matter. And not Miami, either. Also, definitely not LA or San Francisco or Seattle, the big cities on the West Coast. I guess we're left with the big industrial cities in mid-America. Any ideas, folks?

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2012, 02:21:35 AM »
It was filmed in LA..but the cold weather scenes gave you the feel of a major North East city...either Chicago, Detroit..or maybe Baltimore. What makes it difficult to determine is the fact that I don't think there were any waterfront scenes....those would be a dead give-away. Apparently some shots were taken from landmarks in and around Chicago..but not all.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2012, 09:45:14 AM »
Sounds as though Chicago, though not named, was the model for "Hill Street Blues".

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2012, 10:06:14 AM »
It would be nice to find out which major US cities have no films shot in their streets! Film making is one of the major US industrial projects (pan intended), so every city could ba a setting. However,  I just found this list with movies that were supposedly filmed in one place but actually it was another part of the world, altogether!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filming_location

I saw a few days ago, "The bedroom window" movie which was shot in Baltimore. (Intresting, it reminded me a bit of the "Bofire of the vanities") I thought it was the first time I saw a film from there, but took a look and was surprised to see many well known movies wer filmed there!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_shot_in_Baltimore

Come on, it is not funny anymore.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 38 queries.