Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: the sticks  (Read 112613 times)

surferboy

Re: the sticks
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2013, 06:51:07 AM »
New development regarding the sticks. The first show at the RAH is now up for preorder. That's good news since otherwise the shows with Ruth and Nigel together in one show would not be captured on soundboard.

Love Expresso

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2013, 07:59:47 AM »
Cool news about the RAH stick!

However, still waiting for my Bremen stick. As someone wrote at Guy's forum that he received  his Berlin stick on 16th, so I thought it might be reallistic to get it yesterday. Now hoping for today's post, because of Whitsunday next chance would be tuesday or wednesday... . ::)

LE

Offlinemaggie

• Guitar George
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2013, 09:37:13 AM »
Hi LE,
im waiting for my Bremen stick too  ::)

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2013, 02:32:16 PM »
As I hadn't received anything since I my order on April 30th I sent them an email 3 days ago. I suspected what the problem was (no order number with my advanced bank transfer payment) and indeed that was the problem. Today I received an email back from them with an download link to the Sofia Concert and the message that the USB stick is on it's way to me as well. Great service I'd say !!

-- -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Listening to the April 29th Sofia concert right now (What It Is) I find the soundquality actually better than the simfy recordings and besides that the audience seems also more noticable than is usually the case with soundboards and , for me, this makes these recordings more enjoyable than the usual soundboards. Marks playing on What It Is (slight mistake is that the song is started twice on the recording) sounds really great and I really can't wait till June 7th in Zwolle  8)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2013, 02:38:12 PM »

Listening to the April 29th Sofia concert right now (What It Is) I find the soundquality actually better than the simfy recordings and besides that the audience seems also more noticable than is usually the case with soundboards and , for me, this makes these recordings more enjoyable than the usual soundboards. Marks playing on What It Is (slight mistake is that the song is started twice on the recording) sounds really great and I really can't wait till June 7th in Zwolle  8)

I'd agree and say that my Zagreb stick has far better quality than any previous mp3's from either 2010 or 2005.  Bravo Bleeker! :clap
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »

I'd agree and say that my Zagreb stick has far better quality than any previous mp3's from either 2010 or 2005.  Bravo Bleeker! :clap

Listening to Seattle right now I really must say the mix is really excellent .. every instrument is clearly audible (lovely piano by Jim Cox) !

Mona Dee

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2013, 03:09:25 PM »
Cool news about the RAH stick!

However, still waiting for my Bremen stick. As someone wrote at Guy's forum that he received  his Berlin stick on 16th, so I thought it might be reallistic to get it yesterday. Now hoping for today's post, because of Whitsunday next chance would be tuesday or wednesday... . ::)

LE

:D I got my Bremen-stick today and now am listening to it, of course . Good memories of the concert !!!

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »
Hello!

I am looking for some advice re The Sticks!

What do you guys think would be the best Stick to buy when you consider setlist and performance so far?

I have ordered the Glasgow one because i was at the show and had to have it, but i would like another one from one of the past shows.

Is there any that stand out so far?

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2013, 04:00:14 PM »
Amsterdam with Ruth Moody!
Was there, real great concert.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2013, 04:01:24 PM »
Amsterdam with Ruth Moody!
Was there, real great concert.

Definitely!    :thumbsup
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2013, 04:08:58 PM »
But no Sultans, keep in mind.

LE

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2013, 04:16:41 PM »
Yes the Amsterdam show was one of my first thoughts.

I may stretch the budget and buy a third.

Last nights show was fantastic. A real pleasure to see my hero live again.

The band is sounding great too.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2013, 04:54:12 PM »
Don't forget that in 2005 and 2010 it was mixed following MK team guidelines. Don't know if this is still the case this time.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineLeprechaun

• Local Hero
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2013, 09:47:17 AM »
Is it possible to get the songs you want on a stick or are they just selling complete concerts?
I'd like to create my own song list.

If not, what was the concert where the most of the following tracks were played: Diamond, Tupelo and 5:15 am, Yon two crows ?

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2013, 03:39:23 PM »
Is it possible to get the songs you want on a stick or are they just selling complete concerts?
I'd like to create my own song list.

I bet not

If not, what was the concert where the most of the following tracks were played: Diamond, Tupelo and 5:15 am, Yon two crows ?

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php/topic,3008.0.html
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 47 queries.