Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: the sticks  (Read 112591 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: the sticks
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »
i wonder why it is that Mark goes "and I wonder" after he introduced Jim Cox on the antwerp show, it happens around 1:12 into Paraguay (the i wonder)
i hear no Del Shannnon rif in Jim's playing before that.
Also funny how he goes "Michaeeeeeeeeeelll" as he would shout "paraguayyyyyy" a few seconds before he introduces McGoldrick.
these sticks are really an enjoyable listen.
and yes, i though found the piano playing to be rather "thin" at times. not entirely unhearable, but soft..
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineZeeley

• Camerado
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2013, 03:39:39 PM »
i wonder why it is that Mark goes "and I wonder" after he introduced Jim Cox on the antwerp show, it happens around 1:12 into Paraguay (the i wonder)
i hear no Del Shannnon rif in Jim's playing before that.

Didnt he used to sing that during TOL ( OES tour) before introducing the band??
"Maybe I was born on a bad luck day,
 born under a bad sign"....

Offlinemaggie

• Guitar George
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2013, 11:41:32 AM »
Got my Bremen stick today -----but I can

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2013, 11:46:29 AM »
Got my Bremen stick today -----but I can
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2013, 04:55:12 PM »
I sent them an email as well and asked for a download option. Not for the reason of the stick being empty, but because they don't even ship to my country in the first place. I attended two shows this tour and I won't be able to buy the recordings. They are already emailing people their download links, why not just offer to sell the recordings the same way?

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2013, 06:06:35 PM »
Guy says you can order them from everywhere except Africa. It will be possible within a few days.

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2013, 07:25:33 PM »
Guy says you can order them from everywhere except Africa. It will be possible within a few days.
Well, my case is a bit different. I don't wish to get into politics here but it is a political problem why my country ( Kosovo) isn't listed when trying to order the sticks, it's pretty much the same everywhere online.

During 2010, I bought the recordings as downloads and everything went great. They were more reasonably priced too.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2013, 07:55:06 PM »
Well, my case is a bit different. I don't wish to get into politics here but it is a political problem why my country ( Kosovo) isn't listed when trying to order the sticks, it's pretty much the same everywhere online.

During 2010, I bought the recordings as downloads and everything went great. They were more reasonably priced too.

Maybe there is a possibility that we can arrange something? Someone else ordering the stick and then sending it too you. I will look if I can do it.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2013, 08:55:37 PM »
Maybe there is a possibility that we can arrange something? Someone else ordering the stick and then sending it too you. I will look if I can do it.

I'm looking for a way to buy one, Lars. Will contact you if I can't manage to get one. Thanks for your help. ;)

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2013, 09:01:12 AM »
I'm having a problem ordering from the UK.  I've tried logging in on MarkKnopfler-Live.com but I get an error message saying my account is deactivated, ( although my log-in/password on the main MK.com site is still working). I've tried buying without registering, but when I reach the "pay" button after being transferred to the saferpay site I get a message that the "currency or card is not supported" - but I have not been given any option to enter my credit card details -  Has anyone else had this problem, and if not - WHERE in the process do you give your payment card details? 

Thanks.

Aidan.
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2013, 11:02:54 AM »
I'm having a problem ordering from the UK.  I've tried logging in on MarkKnopfler-Live.com but I get an error message saying my account is deactivated, ( although my log-in/password on the main MK.com site is still working). I've tried buying without registering, but when I reach the "pay" button after being transferred to the saferpay site I get a message that the "currency or card is not supported" - but I have not been given any option to enter my credit card details -  Has anyone else had this problem, and if not - WHERE in the process do you give your payment card details? 
Thanks.
Aidan.
I'd try deleting cookies on your PC.
Just an idea.
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2013, 06:34:12 AM »
jonboy71 - your comment is illegal and also violates our forum rules.
Please delete it asap or you risk being banned from AMIT
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2013, 08:01:16 AM »
jonboy71 - your comment is illegal and also violates our forum rules.
Please delete it asap or you risk being banned from AMIT

Deleted :) thanks for warning us

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #133 on: May 23, 2013, 02:00:46 PM »
Funniest thing its that it looks that if you asks, you can even get the download link to your show prior to receive your stick...

Someone ask for it, and got one of the concert via link before to get the real stick  ???
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2013, 02:34:58 PM »
Funniest thing its that it looks that if you asks, you can even get the download link to your show prior to receive your stick...

Someone ask for it, and got one of the concert via link before to get the real stick  ???

I don't know if you mean me jbaent, but if so you're wrong. I didn't 'ask' for a link. I ordered and payed (upfront trough online banking) for the stick, but fotgot to add the ordering information. They receieved the money but without the ordering information they didnt know where to send the stick.

When I hadn't received anything after 2 weeks I asked them about it in an email (again, didn't ask for a download link, but asked if they received the money and had send me the stick already). After 3 days they replied and the misunderstanding about the forgotten ordering information was sorted out. As a service from them they gave me the download link for the concert I had already payed for so that I shouldn't have to wait another 1-2 weeks before getting the recording on the stick !

So yes, I did receieve a link before getting the stick, but not because I asked for it but because i made a mistake !

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 39 queries.