Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: the sticks  (Read 112601 times)

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
Re: the sticks
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »
I've just received the Istanbul stick. Looks so good with the box. Strat, MK concert and memories... LONG and MANY email has been  sent but i finally have it!! They should fix their payment ways.

surferboy

« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2013, 05:50:11 PM »
Thanks Ingridswing and superval for the UK stick recommendation! I appreciate your help!

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #197 on: June 07, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »
I'm so happy with the RAH stick.
Especially with TR...
I used to complain *a lot* about the (in)famous "karaoke mode" after "rolling rover". Well... this was before. Thanks to Jim Cox. The piano solo is so great that a thought of blasphemy came to my mind: "this piano is so beautiful that it is actually better than the guitar in 1996/2001/2005..". Oops, what did I think ! :) In 2008/2010 Matt's relax playing and the piano being low in the mix made me really feel it was karaoke, but in 2013 Jim"s energy plus the good volume of piano in the mix and the added synth like in the good old days make this version of TR special... in fact, quite competitive with Lyon'2005 and Vaison'96, my ultimate favourites. Anybody feeling the same ? :)

Now... I want it on video, not only audio ! :(

Love Expresso

« Reply #198 on: June 07, 2013, 07:47:46 PM »
Thank god your last sentence came.. it was suspiciously omnious to read a post from you without complaint...  ;) Now everything is in order again..
don't have the rah stick yet, but it seems it is well worth the buy!

LE

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #199 on: June 07, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »
Thank god your last sentence came.. it was suspiciously omnious to read a post from you without complaint...  ;) Now everything is in order again..

LE
You're so harsh with me !! :P I don't think I'm the worse complainer here... I believe I post as many positive posts as negative ones... ;)

Love Expresso

« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
Peace! I was just in the mood you know...  :lol

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2013, 09:40:29 PM »

LE
You're so harsh with me !! :P I don't think I'm the worse complainer here... I believe I post as many positive posts as negative ones... ;)

Don't worry, that's my job on here Herlock! ;)

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2013, 04:10:13 PM »

LE

Don't worry, that's my job on here Herlock! ;)

Can I join too ?  ;)

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #203 on: June 09, 2013, 11:46:21 PM »
I assume some die hard fans, who have a big bankaccount, got several sticks if not a stick of every show so far. Now I would like to hear your opinions which stick you think is the best so far? In terms of best peformance, vocally, vibe, sound and all.  :think

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #204 on: June 09, 2013, 11:58:49 PM »
Didn't hear all of them but Rah and Liverpool are my favorites so far

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2013, 12:04:14 AM »
I assume some die hard fans, who have a big bankaccount, got several sticks if not a stick of every show so far. Now I would like to hear your opinions which stick you think is the best so far? In terms of best peformance, vocally, vibe, sound and all.  :think
Before RAH my reference concert was Istanbul - very nice, energetic performance of Sultans and TR !
I have replaced on my playlist Istanbul with RAH - although they are quite close, I feel RAH has an edge for the whole atmosphere and energy. TR is longer and has more original licks in the end solo.
Then Amsterdam is needed for KOG with Ruth, and at least of of the 3 (3 only !! what a shame ! :( ) recordings of YTC (Bucharest, Sofia, Lubjana). My favourite is Lubjana for the extended solo. dmg prefers Sofia, which is true has a better build-up to the solo. Matter of taste.
Nice to have is Liverpool because of the extended So far away (and Gator Blood).
And of course if you like Back to Tupelo, Piper to the end and 5.15am you need to get sticks where they have been played :) Belgrade 5.15am is my favourite, first time it was played but best energy in the guitar solo. Tupelo and Piper are great whatever the stick I believe.

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2013, 12:25:32 AM »
Thanx for the feedback Ingrid and Herlock. By the way I think the Ijselhallen might be great too, cause Mark's vocals on some songs were great that night. Ecspecially looking forward for I Dug Up A Diamond of that night. Also he did some amazing very unique melodic guitarlicks that night.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:23:48 AM by Guitarman1972 »

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2013, 05:09:10 AM »
Thanx for the feedback Ingrid and Herlock. By the way I think the Ijselhallen might be great too, cause Mark's vocals on some songs were great that night. Ecspecially looking forward for I Dug Up A Diamond of that night. Also he did some amazing very melodic guitarlicks that night.

The one show I listen to the most is Antwerpen.  I love IDUAD and Postcard from this show.  Would love to hear IDUAD from Inselhallen. Best SOS is from Istanbul I think. 

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2013, 05:45:45 PM »
WOW oh Wow!! just got back from hols to find the 'RAH' stick has arrived and my word the sound is awesome, actually just like the concert itself and far better than the Bournemouth & Brighton sticks although lovely to have a copy of all the attended concerts bar the 28th RAH of course. Again no 'Going Home' track so have emailed them about that....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #209 on: June 12, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »
Guy is in teasing mode again...

I bought the USB stick from the Liverpool concert and I am delighted with it. I think this is a really great idea and I wondered if this will be something which you will continue to do on future tours? Barry   

Guy:

I'm sure we will...plus more!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 45 queries.